Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Yusef Dininga And Mitchell - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Yusef Dininga And Mitchell

#1 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 18 April 2021 - 10:41 AM

I thought we were supposed to be signing players who make us better?
JRID

#2 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 April 2021 - 12:03 PM

I haven't seen Mitchell so I won't comment as yet. However Yusef & Dininga are not good enough. Anybody can see that.

#3 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 18 April 2021 - 12:08 PM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 18 April 2021 - 12:03 PM, said:

I haven't seen Mitchell so I won't comment as yet. However Yusef & Dininga are not good enough. Anybody can see that.

Hollis wasn't good enough until JR came in, so I'd give him time to bring Yussef and Dinanga up to the level he wants.

This post has been edited by sophocles: 18 April 2021 - 12:26 PM

#4 User is offline   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2021 - 12:11 PM

The thing is though Yussuf is definitely good enough, he just hasn’t came close to showing it yet for us.

#5 User is offline   spireman 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2021 - 12:12 PM

Can’t believe some of the postings on here after a couple of adverse results, I suppose the forwards can defend create and score goals on their own. Have you seen some of the misses in higher grade football, All strikers are prone to missing, I think again it’s midfield that is not functioning well since McCourt was injured.
Again we are in and unbelievable position compared to 6months ago, if he doesn’t get it right this season I think we will challenge throughout next year.

#6 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 18 April 2021 - 12:19 PM

View Postspireman, on 18 April 2021 - 12:12 PM, said:

Can’t believe some of the postings on here after a couple of adverse results, I suppose the forwards can defend create and score goals on their own. Have you seen some of the misses in higher grade football, All strikers are prone to missing, I think again it’s midfield that is not functioning well since McCourt was injured.
Again we are in and unbelievable position compared to 6months ago, if he doesn’t get it right this season I think we will challenge throughout next year.

Agree, and I still think he will get us into the playoffs. Wins in our next two games would be a huge step towards getting us there.

#7 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 18 April 2021 - 01:07 PM

What I have seen of Mitchell so far is that he reminds me of Byron Harrison. Hope this is because he is awaiting his 1st goal.Denanga would start alongside him for me.Hope McCourt,Whelan, Oke,Jones play midfield Gunning,Loz,Kerr,Whittle at back.
lindave

#8 User is offline   hewittfan 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2021 - 02:13 PM

View Postlindave, on 18 April 2021 - 01:07 PM, said:

What I have seen of Mitchell so far is that he reminds me of Byron Harrison. Hope this is because he is awaiting his 1st goal.Denanga would start alongside him for me.Hope McCourt,Whelan, Oke,Jones play midfield Gunning,Loz,Kerr,Whittle at back.

Jones?

#9 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 18 April 2021 - 03:03 PM

View Posthewittfan, on 18 April 2021 - 02:13 PM, said:

Jones?

Taylor

View Posthewittfan, on 18 April 2021 - 02:13 PM, said:

Jones?

Taylor

lindave

#10 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 19 April 2021 - 09:46 AM

Can't believe some of the postings on here after a couple of adverse results, I suppose the forwards can defend create and score goals on their own. Have you seen some of the misses in higher grade football, All strikers are prone to missing, I think again it's midfield that is not functioning well since McCourt was injured.
Again we are in and unbelievable position compared to 6months ago, if he doesn't get it right this season I think we will challenge throughout next year.

We have to hold our nerve, even if the Halifax game doesn't go our way. We definitely need McCort back and that will be a big plus. How we use Tyson is a tricky decision - start him to get ahead in the game ? or hold him back when the opposition defense is tiring. We seem vunerable at set pieces - time for Will Evans at CB ?
God I hate this league.

#11 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2021 - 10:11 AM

i think it is becomming very clear what rowe himself thinks of yussuf and dinanga, with asante and denton both out for the season we come to a game last night against a play off rival and one isn't in the squad and the other is an unused sub, i maintain all along that i think promotion this year was always going to be a tall order, it's very much still on but i suppose if there are question marks over players better to get them out of the way now and be able to start next season, which i see as a more realistic and geneuine promotion push and have the squad in place that does not carry question mark players. Let's just hope we can now finish the season strongly and with momentumn, if it ends in promotion via the play offs then fantastic, if not let's trust that the club pulls the squad together this summer that can mount that genuine charge to league 2.

#12 User is online   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2021 - 11:19 AM

Sadly, I can believe some of the posts from sections of our brain dead fan base. Avoided this place for a few days but no suprise to see some hitting the panic button when looking at the last 3 games rather than where we have come from. This season was all about staying up for me, Rowe has done that. Next season he has to take us forward and upwards hopefully

#13 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 22 April 2021 - 01:37 PM

View PostCFC91, on 22 April 2021 - 11:19 AM, said:

Sadly, I can believe some of the posts from sections of our brain dead fan base. Avoided this place for a few days but no suprise to see some hitting the panic button when looking at the last 3 games rather than where we have come from. This season was all about staying up for me, Rowe has done that. Next season he has to take us forward and upwards hopefully

Will be interesting if that’s the Board’s and Manager’s View. If we bring in say Rowe on a loan deal, I would say we are officially have a little panic as we want to go up this season not start all over next.

#14 User is online   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 22 April 2021 - 01:45 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 22 April 2021 - 01:37 PM, said:

Will be interesting if that’s the Board’s and Manager’s View. If we bring in say Rowe on a loan deal, I would say we are officially have a little panic as we want to go up this season not start all over next.

That was my thought too on hearing the likely movement (and of course further outlay) on an additional forward.

#15 User is offline   Mr_Pleasant 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2021 - 01:50 PM

I guess we just didn't expect to be in this position. Whilst I personally would rather we were financially prudent and didn't bring in yet another striker, I understand why there might be an argument that you never know what will happen season on season, and if we are in the play-offs at this stage of the season, why not go for it?

#16 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 22 April 2021 - 02:05 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 22 April 2021 - 01:45 PM, said:

That was my thought too on hearing the likely movement (and of course further outlay) on an additional forward.

It surely can't be a nil percent chance that Evans will leave?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#17 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 22 April 2021 - 02:21 PM

We seem very confident with our financial position judging by the latest Sky is Blue pod.

#18 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 22 April 2021 - 02:59 PM

View Postdim view, on 22 April 2021 - 02:05 PM, said:

It surely can't be a nil percent chance that Evans will leave?

That would be a silly move in our predicament, in the main Evans has been ok and before anyone moans I give you Haydn Hollis.
God I hate this league.

#19 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 22 April 2021 - 03:02 PM

Will be interesting if that's the Board's and Manager's View. If we bring in say Rowe on a loan deal, I would say we are officially have a little panic as we want to go up this season not start all over next.

Panic, maybe a calculated attempt to be successful this term. Surely we have to have a go.
God I hate this league.

#20 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 22 April 2021 - 05:25 PM

View PostDIFH, on 22 April 2021 - 03:02 PM, said:

Panic, maybe a calculated attempt to be successful this term. Surely we have to have a go.

Agreed (subject to finances). Point being that the Board and Rowe aren’t just looking to avoid relegation, and fans concerns about the mini slump have been addressed.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users