• You cannot reply to this topic

Season Ticket+

#1 User is offline   Andy Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Er..............Town!

Posted 16 April 2021 - 07:23 PM

I'm not sure if this is even feasible in a post covid world but it might be worth considering a season ticket that can be viewed either in person or virtually.

Anyone who is able to attend regularly due to geography or circumstance surely would, those who cannot could follow real time via the online stream.

I'll take my situation as an example, I will never get full value from a season ticket as I travel regularly with work and I am a separated parent and have my kids every Tuesday evening. I will in any given season not be able to attend a significant number of games but at the same time I want to give the maximum cash flow to the football club.

I'm not sure whether this is doable but I do think this would mean extra £ in the clubs coffers from many exiled and constrained supporters.

#2 User is offline   Nitrous Oxide 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2021 - 07:46 PM

Good idea Andy but I bet when this pandemic is over the league will have some crazy rules in place to nip such ideas in the bud. For no other reason than they're stupid.

#3 User is offline   Spireiteboy155 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2021 - 08:27 PM

There’s no way that Sky / BT Sports et al will allow streaming of games to continue after ‘normality’ returns.

#4 User is offline   RN Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC... oh and the wife and kids.

Posted 17 April 2021 - 08:14 AM

View PostSpireiteboy155, on 16 April 2021 - 08:27 PM, said:

There’s no way that Sky / BT Sports et al will allow streaming of games to continue after ‘normality’ returns.

I asked this of the club, streaming continues whilst there are restrictions on attendances, unlikely to continue after they have been lifted. As an exile I thought this another income stream for the club allowing us exiles to support from afar, sadly doesn't sound like the club would be able to take up this option.

#5 User is offline   Wanderer 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2021 - 08:17 AM

View PostAndy Spireite, on 16 April 2021 - 07:23 PM, said:

I'm not sure if this is even feasible in a post covid world but it might be worth considering a season ticket that can be viewed either in person or virtually.

Anyone who is able to attend regularly due to geography or circumstance surely would, those who cannot could follow real time via the online stream.

I'll take my situation as an example, I will never get full value from a season ticket as I travel regularly with work and I am a separated parent and have my kids every Tuesday evening. I will in any given season not be able to attend a significant number of games but at the same time I want to give the maximum cash flow to the football club.

I'm not sure whether this is doable but I do think this would mean extra £ in the clubs coffers from many exiled and constrained supporters.

Brilliant idea Andy. I know a couple of Old SPIREITES who are not fit enough to travel but have found the online stream really beneficial to them to be able to watch their football team again as well as being a boost to their morale

#6 User is offline   Andy Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2021 - 08:24 AM

What about some kind of royalty fee to the broadcasters for a season ticket+ option sold?

I think from the clubs perspective there have to be hundreds of potential additional season tickets that could be sold if this kind of model was agreeable in some way with the authorities and broadcasters.

It was my understanding that those outside the UK on the prior EFL based spireite player could purchase a live match day streaming service which would not have been hard to bypass with a vpn if you wanted to do this from within the country. So there is precedence for matches to be shown online even outside of covid times.

#7 User is offline   To the Winchester 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2021 - 08:37 AM

View PostAndy Spireite, on 16 April 2021 - 07:23 PM, said:

Dangers of football becoming virtual. In which case, what's the point of stadiums. Takes the spark out of the game.

From a selfish point of view I'd like it to continue as I can watch every game, but at the same time it would reduce attendances and reduce income from food and drink. It would probably cost the club money rather than improving profits.

Ultimately, it can't happen anyway with TV rights nowadays.

#8 User is offline   Andy Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2021 - 08:53 AM

View PostTo the Winchester, on 17 April 2021 - 08:37 AM, said:

Dangers of football becoming virtual. In which case, what's the point of stadiums. Takes the spark out of the game.

From a selfish point of view I'd like it to continue as I can watch every game, but at the same time it would reduce attendances and reduce income from food and drink. It would probably cost the club money rather than improving profits.

Ultimately, it can't happen anyway with TV rights nowadays.

If you had the opportunity of attending live who would choose to watch it online instead? I don't think it would reduce attendances, but I may be wrong.

I think it would help to exploit additional season ticket and/or match day income from those that cannot attend in person for whatever reason.

I agree it needs a grown up conversation between the clubs, the NL and the broadcasters but I think it would be worth the discussion.

#9 User is online   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2021 - 09:18 AM

View PostAndy Spireite, on 17 April 2021 - 08:53 AM, said:

If you had the opportunity of attending live who would choose to watch it online instead? I don't think it would reduce attendances, but I may be wrong.

I think it would help to exploit additional season ticket and/or match day income from those that cannot attend in person for whatever reason.

I agree it needs a grown up conversation between the clubs, the NL and the broadcasters but I think it would be worth the discussion.

Needs debate.
Are you suggesting this type of ST would provide the option of attending or streaming, so a ST holder could make a last minute decision?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#10 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 17 April 2021 - 09:30 AM

View Postdim view, on 17 April 2021 - 09:18 AM, said:

Needs debate.
Are you suggesting this type of ST would provide the option of attending or streaming, so a ST holder could make a last minute decision?

Looking at the size of clubs has to be considered when discussing this subject. THE SMALLER FANBASED CLUBS NEED EVERY PENNY THEY CAN GENERATE, these proposals would seem to fit the bill but not to impact ST or matchday prices the cost would have to be reviewed upwards. Current prices are well below matchday prices and you have to include loss of concourse sales etc.
God I hate this league.

#11 User is offline   To the Winchester 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2021 - 11:06 AM

View PostAndy Spireite, on 17 April 2021 - 08:53 AM, said:

Family option for one. £10 or upwards of £60 for a family to watch the same game. Probably another £15 on refreshments etc. It would save some an absolute fortune over a season. And let's not get started on away games.

Lets consider a group of mates who go to games together. They need only buy one season ticket between them and could still all watch it together.

It would kill lower league and non-league football.

#12 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 17 April 2021 - 11:16 AM

View PostTo the Winchester, on 17 April 2021 - 11:06 AM, said:

Family option for one. £10 or upwards of £60 for a family to watch the same game. Probably another £15 on refreshments etc. It would save some an absolute fortune over a season. And let's not get started on away games.

Lets consider a group of mates who go to games together. They need only buy one season ticket between them and could still all watch it together.

It would kill lower league and non-league football.

That's a good point, with no restrictions fans will be getting together and I can imagine some pubs will try and stream it too

#13 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 17 April 2021 - 12:56 PM

Doh

This post has been edited by Town_Fan: 17 April 2021 - 12:56 PM

Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users