Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Having The Scabs Ground On Your Doorstep - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Having The Scabs Ground On Your Doorstep

#81 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 April 2021 - 08:01 AM

Gotta laff, an't yer.

Despite being plunged to our lowest ever level - in circumstances often similar to their Haslam experience - our little neighbours have a never ending thread peppered with playground standard taunts about us on their forum.

However one about them on here quickly turned into a discussion about Boser boozers. A far more important subject.

To be fair I've Mansfield mates more than capable of a fair minded exchange on our comparative merits. And being fair minded they acknowledge there's every chance our support will still be superior when stadiums re-open...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 18 April 2021 - 08:04 AM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#82 User is online   forevablue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2021 - 09:41 AM

View PostDEATH, on 18 April 2021 - 07:31 AM, said:

They have already done most of that on the old knocker factory and the council depot will probably be next. When he said town centre I was thinking more like dykes or hornscroft - not that the town centre is very big. The car park next to the BT building or opposite the library next to the dentist magbe?

If the co op did close that site and it’s car park could be used, stone built new one to keep the same town centre character

Apologies for any confusion, when I referred to 'Town' I meant within the boundary of Old bolsover Town Council and Isleaiw1 has covered most of them except for off Blind Lane and the fact that there is still a lot more building still to take place off Oxcroft Lane.

We have just carried out a consulatation about a skate park on the Hornscroft and there will be lighting along the footpath as well as around the skate park.

There are also plans to renovate the old market square (just opposite the Post Office) to make it useable for most of the year with a cover, seating, electrics and some heating.

To answer Calvin Plummer's Socks the obvious attraction for most people to visit Boza is the Castle but there is a real drive to improve the Town in every way possible. Opening up the empty buildings as mentioned would be a significant part of that.

Fortunately, with the size of the Morrisons store, it doesn't appear to have adversely affected the Co-op and small businesses too much; I've spoken to people who I know live in Chesterfield and they choose to come here to shop for a number of reasons such as ease of parking, more relaxed environment and a good selection of small retailers. Admittedly they have the time available to do it but it's certainly a pleasent experience if you have.

It was also nice to have a visit from the Earl of Chesterfield last week and to have a quick catch up with him on all things CFC; he wasn't shopping but came to check that I hadn't been messing with my feed-in tarrif meter but a nice surprise anyway once my little dog had got over the trauma of yet another man in a hi-viz jacket at the door ha ha!

#83 User is offline   PontePete 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2021 - 09:54 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 17 April 2021 - 08:21 PM, said:

It was you wasn’t it?

Haha nope, but trust me I would definitely claim it if it was
Hater of all things Scab!

#84 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 18 April 2021 - 11:49 AM

View Postforevablue, on 18 April 2021 - 09:41 AM, said:

Apologies for any confusion, when I referred to 'Town' I meant within the boundary of Old bolsover Town Council and Isleaiw1 has covered most of them except for off Blind Lane and the fact that there is still a lot more building still to take place off Oxcroft Lane.

We have just carried out a consulatation about a skate park on the Hornscroft and there will be lighting along the footpath as well as around the skate park.

There are also plans to renovate the old market square (just opposite the Post Office) to make it useable for most of the year with a cover, seating, electrics and some heating.

To answer Calvin Plummer's Socks the obvious attraction for most people to visit Boza is the Castle but there is a real drive to improve the Town in every way possible. Opening up the empty buildings as mentioned would be a significant part of that.

Fortunately, with the size of the Morrisons store, it doesn't appear to have adversely affected the Co-op and small businesses too much; I've spoken to people who I know live in Chesterfield and they choose to come here to shop for a number of reasons such as ease of parking, more relaxed environment and a good selection of small retailers. Admittedly they have the time available to do it but it's certainly a pleasent experience if you have.

It was also nice to have a visit from the Earl of Chesterfield last week and to have a quick catch up with him on all things CFC; he wasn't shopping but came to check that I hadn't been messing with my feed-in tarrif meter but a nice surprise anyway once my little dog had got over the trauma of yet another man in a hi-viz jacket at the door ha ha!

Next time I’m up I’m going to visit.
Is the Castle a good day out for kids?

#85 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2021 - 12:05 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 18 April 2021 - 11:49 AM, said:

Next time I’m up I’m going to visit.
Is the Castle a good day out for kids?

Castle very good. Lots of money spent on it in the last 10 years. Well worth a visit. In fact as Castles go very impressive. 😃

#86 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 18 April 2021 - 12:14 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 17 April 2021 - 10:00 PM, said:

The new houses opposite Oxcroft Lane cemetery are in that sort of price band, there are a few others up Welbeck Road that break that level and some over £500k but most seem to be £200k to £250k for a detached property and £110k to £160k for terraced.

The old nicker factory site.

Hardly average price in boza though - you can get summat on horse head lane for half that

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 18 April 2021 - 05:57 AM, said:

No never - what am I missing?

Not much to be honest.
A new hope.

#87 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 18 April 2021 - 12:17 PM

View Postforevablue, on 18 April 2021 - 09:41 AM, said:

That’s a good idea for the market sq - been empty for far too long. What’s gonna happen to the old town hall? That’s too good a building not to be put too
Good use.
A new hope.

#88 User is online   forevablue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2021 - 01:15 PM

View PostDEATH, on 18 April 2021 - 12:17 PM, said:

That’s a good idea for the market sq - been empty for far too long. What’s gonna happen to the old town hall? That’s too good a building not to be put too
Good use.

Do you mean the current Town Hall which is old? This is the building with railings at the front just down from the Post Office; if so it is still in use as the Town Council's offices but it could certainly do with sprucing up inside at some point in the not too distant future.

#89 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 18 April 2021 - 01:30 PM

View Postforevablue, on 18 April 2021 - 01:15 PM, said:

Do you mean the current Town Hall which is old? This is the building with railings at the front just down from the Post Office; if so it is still in use as the Town Council's offices but it could certainly do with sprucing up inside at some point in the not too distant future.

Yes. I thought it had all moved to clowne
A new hope.

#90 User is online   forevablue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2021 - 03:10 PM

Hi, that was the main District Council Office move from the building that was where the Morrisons now is and some DCC staff from Adult Care and Children's Services are too. The Town and Parish Council sector by and large work from their own area although the smaller ones usually only have a village hall or similar. Best not to mention the swimming baths in Clowne to anyone in Boza if you know what I mean?

#91 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2021 - 03:21 PM

View Postforevablue, on 18 April 2021 - 03:10 PM, said:

Hi, that was the main District Council Office move from the building that was where the Morrisons now is and some DCC staff from Adult Care and Children's Services are too. The Town and Parish Council sector by and large work from their own area although the smaller ones usually only have a village hall or similar. Best not to mention the swimming baths in Clowne to anyone in Boza if you know what I mean?

Scandalous about the Baths. I remember that from 20 years ago or was it longer when they closed. One of the problems Bolsover has had in the past is that most of the Councillors for Bolsover District Council in key areas of decision making represented other areas in the District ie Clowne, South Normanton and Shirebrook. I don't know whether this is still the case now but it was certainly the case in the past. One of the main issues was why Shirebrook had a leisure centre and Bolsover didn't. That was 30 years ago and still the case today.

This post has been edited by Walton Spireite: 18 April 2021 - 03:29 PM

#92 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 19 April 2021 - 07:47 AM

forevablue said:

1618758607[/url]' post='1575638']

I do. Scandalous. Same with the lodge.
A new hope.

#93 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 19 April 2021 - 07:52 AM

Walton Spireite said:

1618759297[/url]' post='1575642']
Scandalous about the Baths. I remember that from 20 years ago or was it longer when they closed. One of the problems Bolsover has had in the past is that most of the Councillors for Bolsover District Council in key areas of decision making represented other areas in the District ie Clowne, South Normanton and Shirebrook. I don't know whether this is still the case now but it was certainly the case in the past. One of the main issues was why Shirebrook had a leisure centre and Bolsover didn't. That was 30 years ago and still the case today.

Wired like that Boza.

A decent enough sized place, yet until Morrison’s, it never really had a proper supermarket (small co op) never had anything like a leisure centre (the old baths at the bottom of castle lane don’t count) no proper sit down restaurants. Yet, had loads and loads of pubs and clubs/welfare’s.

How many pubs have now shut in Boza? Ace of clubs west view, North Star, anchor, angel, swan, cross keys, sportsman, Carr vale hotel, yet there’s still half a dozen and more still open.
A new hope.

#94 User is online   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 19 April 2021 - 08:09 AM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 18 April 2021 - 03:21 PM, said:

Fortunately or maybe unfortunately over the recent years Bolsover and Shirebrook have become poles apart.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#95 User is online   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2021 - 08:46 AM

View PostDEATH, on 18 April 2021 - 07:31 AM, said:

They have already done most of that on the old knocker factory and the council depot will probably be next.

No they havent, first phase complete but a fair chunk still to go!
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#96 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 19 April 2021 - 09:02 AM

View Postisleaiw1, on 19 April 2021 - 08:46 AM, said:

No they havent, first phase complete but a fair chunk still to go!

Ah I see I thought that was all it was.
A new hope.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users