Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Tommy’S Interview About Caldwell. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tommy’S Interview About Caldwell. On Peak yesterday.

#21 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 December 2017 - 05:28 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 10 December 2017 - 05:14 PM, said:

No.

Then what are you saying?

#22 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:29 PM

View PostGoku, on 10 December 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

Then what are you saying?

I’m not saying owt Goku. I just thought that if the squad is badly unbalanced which caused us to lose so many games before Jacks arrival, how can it be turned around after?
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#23 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:35 PM

for me it's still unbalanced, we've just got a very promising manager who's doing the best with what he's got

#24 User is online   azul 

• Legend

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:37 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 10 December 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

I’m not saying owt Goku. I just thought that if the squad is badly unbalanced which caused us to lose so many games before Jacks arrival, how can it be turned around after?

Playing the only formation that makes sense given the hand he's been dealt helps a bit

Playing the best players available also helps a bit

This post has been edited by azul: 10 December 2017 - 06:37 PM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#25 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 10 December 2017 - 07:56 PM

View PostMrhappy, on 10 December 2017 - 01:36 PM, said:

I personally prefer straight talking ie Steve Eyre, rather than skirting around issues. That said, I do understand why people including Tommy might be more diplomatic.

Tommy is retired. He can tell it how it is now. I was disappointed with his diplomatic stance. He blamed the players if I heard him right.

#26 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:10 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 10 December 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

Because Caldwell was inept

#27 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:19 PM

He must have had a really poor rapport with the players. His success at Wigan looks purely down to budget.

#28 User is offline   Close but no prawn sarnies 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:49 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 10 December 2017 - 07:56 PM, said:

Tommy is retired. He can tell it how it is now. I was disappointed with his diplomatic stance. He blamed the players if I heard him right.

There is a saying never kick any one on your way up, you may meet them on the way down.

Tommy has nothing to gain in speaking out and potentially ailenating someone he may indeed like and respect ( or not) indeed his views may not match our perception of GC he may however work with or for him in the future.

Steve Erye sounded bitter and didnt hold back. At the end of the day GC was a failure which nearly cost us very dearly as was Dean Suanders.
They are history, the current and future looks far brighter under Jack.

#29 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:13 PM

View PostBlue5, on 10 December 2017 - 10:07 AM, said:

His personality and his ability to motivate and interact with the players will have played a considerable part.

He thought the players were all premier league standard
God I hate this league.

#30 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:00 PM

My consolation is that if we hadn't had Caldwell we would probably never have got Jack.

There's a long way to go but I am enjoying my football again.

#31 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:10 PM

View Postdtp, on 11 December 2017 - 05:00 PM, said:

My consolation is that if we hadn't had Caldwell we would probably never have got Jack.

Exactly the way I look at it. The unfolding disaster was the only way we got Jack- and to echo Dim's opinion, Jack Lester was appointed by the fans - their wishes couldn't be ignored this time - desperation time, and cometh the hour cometh the man.

#32 User is offline   bluemac 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC cycling

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:25 PM

For me personally the biggest criticism of his reign was his stubborness and inability to judge a situation. For example, when he joined us we were in a relegation battle, a 50 / 50 chance of staying up,( I personally think Danny would have kept us up ) but within 6 / 7 games of his reign we were virtually relegated with his insistence on " experimenting " on his defensive formation which suited no one. Now in my opinion you don't " experiment "when you go could possibly be relegated, firstly you stay up and then you change things in the close season if you so wish, but no , this man's arrogance in being always right meant that we were still " experimenting " long after being relegated and into the new season as teams like Newport, Morecombe and CREWE for crying out loud were stuffing us, look where the team that put five past us are now !! He was prepared to gamble with our league status because of his stubborn arrogance on playing a dreadful defensive system in which he all but consigned Ian Evatt to the scrap heap, wonder how Ian Evatt is doing without him eh Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

John Mac
" It was a woman who drove me to drink ,and I never had the chance to thank her "

#33 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:35 PM

Tbf. That sums up my current feeling.
I’m excited again. The buzz is coming back.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#34 User is online   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:02 PM

Certainly a good and positive way at looking at his reign.

#35 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:18 PM

View PostGoku, on 10 December 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

for me it's still unbalanced, we've just got a very promising manager who's doing the best with what he's got

Hit the nail on the head still some average players in this squad, but at least they are fit average players now, this league is awful and it's full of awful managers..you can pass your way out of this league contrary to public opinion
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#36 User is offline   Zeus 

• Hellenic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Σπαΐραïτς

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:00 PM

View Postbluemac, on 11 December 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

For me personally the biggest criticism of his reign was his stubborness and inability to judge a situation. For example, when he joined us we were in a relegation battle, a 50 / 50 chance of staying up,( I personally think Danny would have kept us up ) but within 6 / 7 games of his reign we were virtually relegated with his insistence on " experimenting " on his defensive formation which suited no one. Now in my opinion you don't " experiment "when you go could possibly be relegated, firstly you stay up and then you change things in the close season if you so wish, but no , this man's arrogance in being always right meant that we were still " experimenting " long after being relegated and into the new season as teams like Newport, Morecombe and CREWE for crying out loud were stuffing us, look where the team that put five past us are now !! He was prepared to gamble with our league status because of his stubborn arrogance on playing a dreadful defensive system in which he all but consigned Ian Evatt to the scrap heap, wonder how Ian Evatt is doing without him eh Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

John Mac

This is spot on and exactly how I saw it. We saw more hope in that one game with Ritchie in charge, keeping it simple and playing to what strengths we had, than we did in any match led by Caldwell last season or this.
@MancSpireites

#37 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:47 PM

In managerial terms GC was a fraud.

#38 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:50 PM

View PostClose but no prawn sarnies, on 11 December 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

There is a saying never kick any one on your way up, you may meet them on the way down.

Tommy has nothing to gain in speaking out and potentially ailenating someone he may indeed like and respect ( or not) indeed his views may not match our perception of GC he may however work with or for him in the future.

Steve Erye sounded bitter and didnt hold back. At the end of the day GC was a failure which nearly cost us very dearly as was Dean Suanders.

Eyre was probably right to be bitter. He was also probably telling the truth. Is TL really holding back his real opinion on the slim chance he might one day work for Caldwell? Doubt it.

#39 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:12 PM

I will be as thankful to Caldwell as I will be to Jack if we bag a top 7 spot with all the little bets at 100/1. If we weren't so crap in the 1st place we would have never had those odds. 12 points off the playoffs and we're scooping up 100/1 odds with over half the season left. Caldwell could certainly be a blessing in disguise.
Here we go again!

#40 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:04 PM

View PostClose but no prawn sarnies, on 11 December 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

Agree with your sentiments re Tommy, don't burn your bridges etc etc, but is there anywhere to,listen to the Steve Eyre interview?
East stand second class citizen.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users