Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Barnet Match Thread - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Barnet Match Thread

#121 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:21 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 15 December 2017 - 08:21 PM, said:

I don't agree. We were ok.

Same here, not good but ok
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#122 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2017 - 07:06 AM

Says something about what Jack has done to turn things round that we’re sat here arguing whether we played well or not in a win!! Few weeks ago we’d have ripped someone’s hand off to win 1-0 with an own goal off their keepers backside let alone come from behind to win 2-1 and play ok’ish.

#123 User is offline   bluesboy52 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:11 PM

View Postsophocles, on 14 December 2017 - 10:42 PM, said:

Like everyone else, you are entitled to your opinion, but it is very blinkered IMO. For the first time since we moved to the new stadium, I refused to renew my ST this season because of the shambles we had become both on and off the pitch. The arrival of Jack Lester has absolutely transformed the performance of the team; he has increased fitness levels beyond what I thought was possible with this group of players, and achieved an almost miraculous transformation. The game you attended provided the poorest performance since Jack arrived, BUT we still got the win! That would never have happened prior to Jack's arrival, and to judge our improvement on one below par performance is very premature.Because of the unbelievable transformation achieved by Jack Lester, I started thinking about a half season ticket, and I must have (inadvertently) dropped some hints, because a friend has bought me a half season ticket as a Christmas present. I would urge you to, at least, watch another game before making a sweeping judgement. I will conclude by saying that you, or anyone else following your example for that matter, are missing out on a truly remarkable experience by staying away. The way Jack Lester has transformed a feeble, ineffective collection of underachievers into an effective team capable of challenging ANY in this league, is almost unbelievable. It will get better - don't miss out on it.

Good points. You are right. On reflection I feel I was a tad blinkered in my opinion based on the one game. I will definitely give it another go. May I say only one thing in my defence? The opinions of those who have been following town for years cover a wide range from considered arguments to downright fanatical. There are blinkered contributors to this forum at both ends of the scale. In the end though we are all town supporters and should remember that when making a comment. There's nowt as queer as folk right?

#124 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:00 PM

View Postbluesboy52, on 16 December 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

Good points. You are right. On reflection I feel I was a tad blinkered in my opinion based on the one game. I will definitely give it another go. May I say only one thing in my defence? The opinions of those who have been following town for years cover a wide range from considered arguments to downright fanatical. There are blinkered contributors to this forum at both ends of the scale. In the end though we are all town supporters and should remember that when making a comment. There's nowt as queer as folk right?

I can't argue with that. I hope you get to see us produce a performance like the Mansfield second half one.

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users