Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise.

#4821 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:14 PM

View PostNivo, on 14 December 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

You would have thought Toby Perkins would have had sufficient gumption to decline the club's matchday hospitality instead preferring to call in Derbyshire Police, Trading Standards, English Football League, Football Association and the Revenue.

As a constituent you could write to him and ask him for his views.
A new hope.

#4822 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2018 - 07:58 AM

If I may, a pointer on this. If questions were being asked by representatives of Chesterfield FC and Shorts Accountants as early as 2013 concerning payments in the accounts of CFC Football Development School marked CFC Wages and the lack of PAYE and NI provision covering the same, why was Ashley so keen to push the club's finance director at the time out of the door and why were Shorts replaced by Lindricks as the development school's accountants? Ashley's actions back then could give supporters an insight into what he was aware of and what he was comfortable with.

#4823 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 28 January 2018 - 08:33 AM

View PostBlue5, on 28 January 2018 - 07:58 AM, said:

If I may, a pointer on this. If questions were being asked by representatives of Chesterfield FC and Shorts Accountants as early as 2013 concerning payments in the accounts of CFC Football Development School marked CFC Wages and the lack of PAYE and NI provision covering the same, why was Ashley so keen to push the club's finance director at the time out of the door and why were Shorts replaced by Lindricks as the development school's accountants? Ashley's actions back then could give supporters an insight into what he was aware of and what he was comfortable with.

I'm not sure if the former finance director signed one of the confidentiality agreements many leaving Sheff Road are supposedly bound by.

However there was an interesting discussion on the radio this week where a 'high flying' barrister not only claimed they're rarely worth the paper they're written on, but can sometimes be illegal themselves.

In terms of when they're used to supress disclosure of questionable behaviour.

But of course nothing like that's happened at CFC.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#4824 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:58 PM

Moondog, when is Ashley going to publish in full the liquidator's £100K claim against the club?

#4825 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:08 PM

These academies can be quite lucrative, as long so you don't get caught!

http://www.bbc.com/n...-wales-42944273

#4826 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:22 PM

Almost two years ago,myself and a small group of loyal and long standing supporters of Chesterfield Football Club met in a pub close to the Proact to discuss our concerns into the manner in which the CFC Academy/Development Centre was being run.

Many,many meetings have since taken place and literally hundreds of hours have been spent by various decent,honest people digging deep into the wrong doings not only across the road at what was known as the CFC Village but all along this road the so many links to questionable enterprises that were linked to the very core of Chesterfield Football Club.

This is despite one member of our group receiving a personal visit to his place of work by someone making threats towards himself and his family,which resulted in him no longer pursuing any active participation in further investigations.

I myself first personally met alone with a former staff member of Liam Sutcliffe/ChrisTurner's now discredited enterprise not being sure whether this was just a disgruntled employee or someone with a genuine grievance.

This individual along with many others we have met along the way have proved to be once again honest.trustworthy and decent people who have nothing over than a love and concern for our club.

Meetings I/We have since had with Chris Turner,Liam Sutcliffe,Ashley Carson and others have led to more questions than answers and from a personal point of view the first meeting I had with

Sutcliffe,and Turner at which Nick Johnson was also present resulted in me being invited to ask what ever questions I wished. I must place on record that Nick was only there as an impartial

intermediary.

This meeting commenced with both Turner and Sutcliffe launching a personal attack on the former employee which has since been proved to be absolute lies.

This person has since proved to be beyond reproach and an absolute rock with their information and reliability.

Their revelations and love for the club even after threats from whoever to keep their mouth shut has indeed been humbling.

Many more former employees of both that discredited venture and the club itself have also come forward with many revelations.

Myself and others have since approached other senior figures within the club with our concerns and received promises of action,however these people have proved too be completely unfaithful to their

word.

Every single person we have spoken to in the past two years has spoken of wrong doing and dishonest practices at the highest echelons of the club and have proved to be right.

Hopefully within the next few months the ongoing EFL/FA investigation will see our club rid of everything/everyone that we have come to despise it will be them and not our club that receive what is

coming to them.

They will eventually reap what they have sown.

I will now await a knock at my door.

#4827 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:00 AM

The only knock you should be getting is your takeaway delivery.

#4828 User is offline   For your eyes only 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2018 - 02:17 AM

View Postspireitenag, on 17 February 2018 - 10:22 PM, said:

Almost two years ago,myself and a small group of loyal and long standing supporters of Chesterfield Football Club met in a pub close to the Proact to discuss our concerns into the manner in which the CFC Academy/Development Centre was being run.

Many,many meetings have since taken place and literally hundreds of hours have been spent by various decent,honest people digging deep into the wrong doings not only across the road at what was known as the CFC Village but all along this road the so many links to questionable enterprises that were linked to the very core of Chesterfield Football Club.

This is despite one member of our group receiving a personal visit to his place of work by someone making threats towards himself and his family,which resulted in him no longer pursuing any active participation in further investigations.

I myself first personally met alone with a former staff member of Liam Sutcliffe/ChrisTurner's now discredited enterprise not being sure whether this was just a disgruntled employee or someone with a genuine grievance.

This individual along with many others we have met along the way have proved to be once again honest.trustworthy and decent people who have nothing over than a love and concern for our club.

Meetings I/We have since had with Chris Turner,Liam Sutcliffe,Ashley Carson and others have led to more questions than answers and from a personal point of view the first meeting I had with

Sutcliffe,and Turner at which Nick Johnson was also present resulted in me being invited to ask what ever questions I wished. I must place on record that Nick was only there as an impartial

intermediary.

This meeting commenced with both Turner and Sutcliffe launching a personal attack on the former employee which has since been proved to be absolute lies.

This person has since proved to be beyond reproach and an absolute rock with their information and reliability.

Their revelations and love for the club even after threats from whoever to keep their mouth shut has indeed been humbling.

Many more former employees of both that discredited venture and the club itself have also come forward with many revelations.

Myself and others have since approached other senior figures within the club with our concerns and received promises of action,however these people have proved too be completely unfaithful to their

word.

Every single person we have spoken to in the past two years has spoken of wrong doing and dishonest practices at the highest echelons of the club and have proved to be right.

Hopefully within the next few months the ongoing EFL/FA investigation will see our club rid of everything/everyone that we have come to despise it will be them and not our club that receive what is

coming to them.

I remember all this like it was yesterday. Getting branded. Being called a pig to a dog, and worse!
My comments being removed and watched on here.most assuming I was just out for trouble. How little they knew.
The personal attack, as upsetting as it was, only made me more determined than ever to get the truth out there.
Very nervous meeting you all but I needn’t have worried. As I had nothing to hide and we were/are on the same page wanting the same thing.
Part of the tumour has, since that meeting, been cut off.
But some of it is left eating away at the club. I truly hope, for everyone’s sake it’s cut off as soon as possible. There are ex spireite players out there shaking their heads when I talk of CFC. They simply cannot believe how awful things are.
But I can. I’ve seen it coming for years.

If anyone knocks at your door Nige, I’ll be suprised.
Only one person should be waiting for a knock at his door.
Tick tick Ashley. Tick tock MF

#4829 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:24 AM

I remember when what was then the 'b2net' stadium first opened. It was run, populated and supplied by Chesterfield people with a genuine affection for the Club. And as a result fans like myself felt closer to our club, happy to pay that bit extra in the belief we were all in it together.

But then one by one by one those Chesterfield people left, infact some might say they were forced out. The IT company that supplied a bespoke service was one of the first, then the lifelong Spireite Gary Cook, then the utterly trustworthy Alan Walters, then Chairman Barry Hubbard and his fellow directors seemed to be marginalised, then Ant Haywood, then Janice Kew, then a growing list of sponsors...all culminating in four loyal and long serving boardmembers quitting last November.

Worse still not only did spiteful rumours relating to these folk suddenly surface, but in all too many cases they were replaced by what could be described as cronies. Or companies introduced by Carson or Turner. Or in terms of stand sponsors no one. Meanwhile Liam Sutcliffe was one of a number of opportunists allowed to burrow their way deep into the Club.

But hey, we were winning, so who really cared...

Well thankfully a number of Town fans did care. Cared enough to ask awkward questions. Cared enough to confront those in power. Cared enough to expose everything narrated on this thread. Even when they were met by lies, denial and threats. Or, on a number of particularly pathetic occasions, sneering derision on here.

Yet those fans, with the courageous assistance of folk who'd found themselves used and abused, were proven right, right, then right again.

Has it made a difference? Has any of this prevented the Club's demise? Maybe not. The league table doesn't lie. However whatever happens tomorrow, next week or next year the decent, honest Chesterfield people described above can hold their heads up high.

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 18 February 2018 - 09:28 AM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#4830 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:59 AM

View Postspireitenag, on 17 February 2018 - 10:22 PM, said:

intermediary.

word.

coming to them.

Everything that's been said and done is completely laudable. And as you say it is eye opening and humbling.
It is now time for others to get properly involved, people who can take it to a wider audience, because I'm still left in shock and amazement at how many genuine town fans who appear unaware as to what seems to be happening and that of course will be music to certain people's ears. BUT the tide is turning, more and more people are asking, now we slide towards non league, what the hell is happening at Chesterfield. I'm genuine friends with a couple of Mansfield fans, have been for years, and whilst they are getting their pound of flesh from me over our situation, and I've certainly had my fun with them over the years so I can't blame them!, they, like some of us, have seen this coming for a year or two. The parallels are there.
I know the local media do a sterling job reporting on the playing side of the club, but now they have to be brave. I know Graham from the DT said "don't thing we aren't looking", and I believe him, I also know they have to be careful with what they print/say but the genuine fans now need assistance. It's very difficult because we had the likes of Biggs at Radio Sheffield giving air time and temporary credibility to Sutcliffe and Turners enterprise, so it's not easily done, but the likes of Peak, the DT, and Chesterfield Post really do need to start carrying the gauntlet with us, forget Radio Sheffield, they couldn't give a toss. Also John Croot and Mike Warner need to get involved or sadly, for two genuine town fans, be linked with the happenings at Sheffield Road.
A few months ago I genuinely feared the FA investigation and relegation to non league, now I'm beginning to see them both, not as horse riders of the apocalypse, but as our best way of riding the club of the cancerous state it's in! And if that's what it takes I'll gladly grab them with both hands!

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 18 February 2018 - 11:04 AM

East stand second class citizen.

#4831 User is offline   Heavy_Soul 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:00 AM

One things for sure, the words against those running the club are getting louder.
Every need got an ego to feed

#4832 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:08 AM

The fact that fans have received threats to their families shows what scum have landed themselves in charge at OUR club.

The saddest days indeed

#4833 User is offline   essexspireman 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:20 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 18 February 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

Everything that's been said and done is completely laudable. And as you say it is eye opening and humbling.
It is now time for others to get properly involved, people who can take it to a wider audience, because I'm still left in shock and amazement at how many genuine town fans who appear unaware as to what seems to be happening and that of course will be music to certain people's ears. BUT the tide is turning, more and more people are asking, now we slide towards non league, what the hell is happening at Chesterfield. I'm genuine friends with a couple of Mansfield fans, have been for years, and whilst they are getting their pound of flesh from me over our situation, and I've certainly had my fun with them over the years so I can't blame them!, they, like some of us, have seen this coming for a year or two. The parallels are there.
I know the local media do a sterling job reporting on the playing side of the club, but now they have to be brave. I know Graham from the DT said "don't thing we aren't looking", and I believe him, I also know they have to be careful with what they print/say but the genuine fans now need assistance. It's very difficult because we had the likes of Biggs at Radio Sheffield giving air time and temporary credibility to Sutcliffe and Turners enterprise, so it's not easily done, but the likes of Peak, the DT, and Chesterfield Post really do need to start carrying the gauntlet with us, forget Radio Sheffield, they couldn't give a toss. Also John Croot and Mike Warner need to get involved or sadly, for two genuine town fans, be linked with the happenings at Sheffield Road.
A few months ago I genuinely feared the FA investigation and relegation to non league, now I'm beginning to see them both, not as horse riders of the apocalypse, but as our best way of riding the club of the cancerous state it's in! And if that's what it takes I'll gladly grab them with both hands!

I wonder if Gregor Robertson might be interested?

#4834 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:42 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 18 February 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

too late for those two. way too late.

#4835 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:50 AM

View Postmr. smith, on 18 February 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

too late for those two. way too late.

You could be right, but until it all comes out in the open (if it ever does fully) and we know their side of the story it's a little unfair to cast aspersions. We aren't dealing with Darren Brown here, this is much more serious imo. Just look at some of the shocking things they've done, there's no bounds basically if they think they can get away with it! If they haven't 'got a gun to their heads' I agree with you; time will tell.
#notapennymore

#4836 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:51 AM

View Postessexspireman, on 18 February 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

I wonder if Gregor Robertson might be interested?

I’ve just shared this page on Facebook and tagged him in.

#4837 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:56 AM

Gregor has nothing to lose by writing a piece. Nothing at all.

#4838 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:00 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 18 February 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

You could be right, but until it all comes out in the open (if it ever does fully) and we know their side of the story it's a little unfair to cast aspersions. We aren't dealing with Darren Brown here, this is much more serious imo. Just look at some of the shocking things they've done, there's no bounds basically if they think they can get away with it! If they haven't 'got a gun to their heads' I agree with you; time will tell.

clubs been mismanaged for years, at the bare minimum croot & warner know what we know & still sit at the top table.
if they didn't/don't want to speak out they could/should have resigned.

#4839 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:07 PM

View Postmr. smith, on 18 February 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

clubs been mismanaged for years, at the bare minimum croot & warner know what we know & still sit at the top table.
if they didn't/don't want to speak out they could/should have resigned.

Still don't know what/ if they've any hold over them though. I agree with you if they haven't btw.
#notapennymore

#4840 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:19 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 18 February 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

Gregor has nothing to lose by writing a piece. Nothing at all.

More of a David Conn piece maybe.

Share this topic:

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users