• You cannot reply to this topic

Paul Mullin

#21 User is offline   gordon_brittas 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 July 2021 - 06:14 PM

View PostRodney, on 23 July 2021 - 05:25 PM, said:

Won't write off our season just yet but it's going to one hell of a struggle with the likes of Wrexham and Stockport splashing the cash. I feel we may have to be patient with getting out of this league especially going into the season without our main striker.

That痴 where I am at the moment. Personally I壇 be happy with a home playoff berth at the end of the season, so 5th and above. Nobody expected Sutton to win the league last summer, so we致e got to hope Rowe can come up with goods and carry on our good form into the new campaign.
Management Accepts New Ideas And Criticism...When Im Managaging think MANIAC!!

#22 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2021 - 06:16 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 23 July 2021 - 05:53 PM, said:

Sounds very much like some of our summer signings that.

No doubt Wrexham's social media channels are also filled with, "In Parky we Trust"!

#23 User is offline   Secretly Canadian 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 23 July 2021 - 06:39 PM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 23 July 2021 - 05:58 PM, said:

Stockport just got Will Fish, Man Utd U23 skips on a season long loan

Any relation to Billy 🤔

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 23 July 2021 - 05:58 PM, said:

Stockport just got Will Fish, Man Utd U23 skips on a season long loan

Any relation to Billy 🤔

#24 User is online   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2021 - 06:47 PM

Stockport are my main concern. If we can get Danny Rowe playing and scoring like he did in his Fylde days then I think we still have a good chance. We池e in for a good season!

#25 User is offline   DerbySpireite59 

• DerbySpireite57
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2021 - 06:54 PM

When you look at the NL now with Clubs like Wrexham, Stockport, Notts, Southend, Grimsby, Torquay, Halifax, Yeovil and Woking (yes Woking), it's time the EFL granted 4 up 4 down. The NL has been deemed as "Elite" during the pandemic, so recognise that in normal times.
"No one is 100% good, nor 100% evil"

#26 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2021 - 06:54 PM

View PostBlue5, on 23 July 2021 - 06:16 PM, said:

No doubt Wrexham's social media channels are also filled with, "In Parky we Trust"!

Not really, I think the some were a little disappointed with the appointment... I know I would have been if we were daft enough to employ him
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#27 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 23 July 2021 - 07:03 PM

View PostDerbySpireite57, on 23 July 2021 - 06:54 PM, said:

When you look at the NL now with Clubs like Wrexham, Stockport, Notts, Southend, Grimsby, Torquay, Halifax, Yeovil and Woking (yes Woking), it's time the EFL granted 4 up 4 down. The NL has been deemed as "Elite" during the pandemic, so recognise that in normal times.

You might aswell ask the Turkeys to vote for Christmas.
No football league chairman would vote for a chance that they could put there own business at risk.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#28 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 23 July 2021 - 07:05 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 23 July 2021 - 06:54 PM, said:

Not really, I think the some were a little disappointed with the appointment... I know I would have been if we were daft enough to employ him

They say it's mainly about the players not the coach

#29 User is offline   Looker-on 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2021 - 07:05 PM

View PostDerbySpireite57, on 23 July 2021 - 06:54 PM, said:

There isn't a National League club that would disagree - until they became Football League clubs, whereupon they'd probably vote to go back to re-election!
It's nice to be able to Trust again.

#30 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 23 July 2021 - 07:44 PM

Fully expect some thug of a defender to give him a good kicking and then they will be paying for an expensive crock sat on the sidelines(hopefully)
Have passport will travel

#31 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2021 - 08:49 PM

i don't think we'll fear anyone to be honest, yes there's a lot of ex-league clubs in here now but as we've seen it doesn't always mean that much, last 2 seasons won by sutton and barrow, i honestly think we'll be right up there, win it? too hard to predict but we'll be a top 3 contender.
as for EFL and NL agreeing to a 4 up 4 down, i can't see that happening but agree it needs reviewing and push to be made for at least 3 up 3 down. for me if you finish 3rd bottom of your league you can't really complain about being relegated, i think i'm right in saying that Division 4 is the only league in the english pyramid where only 2 go down? even the premier league with 4 fewer teams in it have 3 relegation places. needs a review.

#32 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 24 July 2021 - 08:04 AM

View Postjack bauer, on 23 July 2021 - 08:49 PM, said:

i don't think we'll fear anyone to be honest, yes there's a lot of ex-league clubs in here now but as we've seen it doesn't always mean that much, last 2 seasons won by sutton and barrow, i honestly think we'll be right up there, win it? too hard to predict but we'll be a top 3 contender.
as for EFL and NL agreeing to a 4 up 4 down, i can't see that happening but agree it needs reviewing and push to be made for at least 3 up 3 down. for me if you finish 3rd bottom of your league you can't really complain about being relegated, i think i'm right in saying that Division 4 is the only league in the english pyramid where only 2 go down? even the premier league with 4 fewer teams in it have 3 relegation places. needs a review.

I still think a north/south split between league 2/national league is the way forward. It expands the football league without really devaluing it and lowers the cost on travel and overnight stays for teams and fans. After all, we are in an 'elite' league are we not?
Here we go again!

#33 User is offline   monte 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2021 - 08:23 AM

View PostGeordieblue, on 23 July 2021 - 04:55 PM, said:

Is Tom still going out on loan?

Rowe said in the interview after the Matlock game that he's 4 weeks ahead of where he was supposed to be so if he keeps that up he isn't going anywhere

#34 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2021 - 08:32 AM

View Postjack bauer, on 23 July 2021 - 08:49 PM, said:

Agree and if more teams were promoted from NL it would ease the pain of relegation from L2 as you would feel more optimistic of going back up. NL has so many ex FL clubs now that it appears more of a L3 than non league and the change needs to be recognized. The small clubs going into L2 are not coming straight back down.

#35 User is offline   Norton Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:all things Spireites - and Liverpool

Posted 24 July 2021 - 08:46 AM

I think this season we値l score more goals and create more chances. The reason for this is that I believe we have a much better midfield, capable of creating the chances our forwards need, as well as popping up with the odd goal themselves. I知 excited to see how Clarke develops, he was class toward the end of the season, khan has pase and a pass as does miller (crosses) Manny is a powerhouse. Get all the strikers you want, but if you cant create chances you値l not score much.

#36 User is offline   monte 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2021 - 08:53 AM

View PostNorton Blue, on 24 July 2021 - 08:46 AM, said:

I think this season we値l score more goals and create more chances. The reason for this is that I believe we have a much better midfield, capable of creating the chances our forwards need, as well as popping up with the odd goal themselves. I知 excited to see how Clarke develops, he was class toward the end of the season, khan has pase and a pass as does miller (crosses) Manny is a powerhouse. Get all the strikers you want, but if you cant create chances you値l not score much.

Agree that seems to have been the priority. Manny is very much the non league Kante. Excited to see khan too.

I think once everyone's for we have an abundance of attack options. Payne seems to have done well from reports. Hopefully he's the hold it up and lay off for Rowe to smash.

#37 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2021 - 10:00 AM

View PostTrigger, on 24 July 2021 - 08:04 AM, said:

I still think a north/south split between league 2/national league is the way forward. It expands the football league without really devaluing it and lowers the cost on travel and overnight stays for teams and fans. After all, we are in an 'elite' league are we not?

Tell that to the bigger southern clubs that値l face even more trips to bus stops in London than they have now.

All this restructuring and expanded promotion might actually make sense but we wouldn稚 be considering it if we were still in the league

This post has been edited by azul: 24 July 2021 - 10:01 AM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#38 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2021 - 10:05 AM

View Postmonte, on 24 July 2021 - 08:53 AM, said:

Agree that seems to have been the priority. Manny is very much the non league Kante. Excited to see khan too.

I think once everyone's for we have an abundance of attack options. Payne seems to have done well from reports. Hopefully he's the hold it up and lay off for Rowe to smash.

I know some will say it was only Matlock we were playing but that was certainly the case when Payne laid it off and Rowe smashed it into the net off the crossbar and there was another good link up between the two also in the first half

There seems to be a bit more pace in the team with the new additions and the new season should certainly be interesting to say the least lol

#39 User is offline   Close but no prawn sarnies 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2021 - 11:00 AM

Money helps but is no means a gautrentee of sucess as many teams at all levels have proved time and time again.

I think we are now well equiped for this league with a decent squad and management team. Last season we were much improved but not good enough for promotion. Hopefully we will go one step further, its going to be tough but it will be great watching a competative side rather than the miserable stuff we have endured for far too long.

This post has been edited by Close but no prawn sarnies: 24 July 2021 - 11:00 AM

#40 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 24 July 2021 - 11:28 AM

View Postazul, on 24 July 2021 - 10:00 AM, said:

Tell that to the bigger southern clubs that値l face even more trips to bus stops in London than they have now.

All this restructuring and expanded promotion might actually make sense but we wouldn稚 be considering it if we were still in the league

Wouldn't teams like southend rather travel to the likes of orient, stevenage and dag and red on a Tuesday night than teams 100s of miles away such as Altrincham, Hartlepool and Carlisle (including the possibility of postponments)? I'd rather (if i traveled away anymore) play teams in closer proximity regardless of who it was (obviously without playing in the NLN).

I'm sure I've spoken about this when we we're a league club too, although it might not have been on BB.

It could make for an interesting cross division playoff tournament system at the end of the season too.
Here we go again!

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users