• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Paul Mullin

#1 User is offline   brimington spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Chesterfield + Everton Football Clubs Partial to a beer + rock music the louder the better

Posted 23 July 2021 - 12:12 PM

Signs for Wrexham
Hopefully he don't perform
Like he did last Season for Cambridge
ALWAYS SAILING STORMY WATERS

#2 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 23 July 2021 - 12:30 PM

One season wonder.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#3 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2021 - 12:31 PM

Whilst I’m optimistic for a good season, some of our potential rivals are making some good signings. I think it may be tougher than last season and we’re really gonna need to be on our game.
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#4 User is offline   prolurker 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2021 - 12:54 PM

haha imagine winning League 2 as the leagues best player and top goal scorer, then signing for a team two leagues below who couldn't make the playoffs. Cant even imagine the ££££££

#5 User is offline   Tonycfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Football, Booze, Football, Booze

Posted 23 July 2021 - 01:01 PM

That is a crazy signing, in some ways more than Rooney was at Salford. 32 goals last season (not many above 10 previous).

See how he gets on this season.

They must be throwing some real money about.

This post has been edited by Tonycfc: 23 July 2021 - 01:01 PM

We are all off to the B2NET

#6 User is offline   OneDecentLester 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2021 - 01:08 PM

Tempting a player to join them in non league when he had championship offers on the table… imagine how much ££ they’ve actually chucked at him

And for a one season wonder at that too!!

#7 User is offline   turrhall 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2021 - 01:19 PM

The National League arms race is getting ridiculous

#8 User is offline   DMU Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2021 - 01:44 PM

Crap goal record prior to last season. If it’s big money it’s a big gamble. Still think they’ll be there or there abouts
Up the Blues

#9 User is offline   monte 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2021 - 01:50 PM

View PostOneDecentLester, on 23 July 2021 - 01:08 PM, said:

Tempting a player to join them in non league when he had championship offers on the table… imagine how much ££ they’ve actually chucked at him

And for a one season wonder at that too!!

I think that's the same every year, the league just gets stronger. But I'm happy with our squad so far. Just want that extra keeper next.

#10 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 23 July 2021 - 01:58 PM

I think this league is this season, the toughest it's ever been, there's more ex league clubs than ever before, all with expectant fans, some with expectant owners, whoever gets out next May will have certainly earned their place in the football league,.... I hope we're 1 of the 2.
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#11 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 23 July 2021 - 02:19 PM

I am confident Rowe will make us strong contenders but I am worried that we haven't replaced Asante's quality just yet. Payne could be the answer who knows, just glad big Tom is looking good. We have signed some quality so far but i would like us to get a decent striker, a quality keeper and right sided CB. I think we have plenty in midfield.
lindave

#12 User is offline   gordon_brittas 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2021 - 02:35 PM

Concern for me will be lack of goals. We dominated most games last season, and were unable to get the killer goals to put the games to bed. Not worried about the defence or midfield, but I’d be worried with a game plan of going 1-0 and shutting up shop. Didn’t work at Stockport or Hartlepool.

Our home and away record at the promotion sides last season, Sutton and Notts apart, was not good.

I know it will never happen, and he is too good for this league, but I’d love to see Lee Novak again in a blue CFC shirt.

This post has been edited by gordon_brittas: 23 July 2021 - 02:39 PM

Management Accepts New Ideas And Criticism...When Im Managaging think MANIAC!!

#13 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2021 - 03:45 PM

View Postgordon_brittas, on 23 July 2021 - 02:35 PM, said:

Concern for me will be lack of goals. We dominated most games last season, and were unable to get the killer goals to put the games to bed. Not worried about the defence or midfield, but I’d be worried with a game plan of going 1-0 and shutting up shop. Didn’t work at Stockport or Hartlepool.

Our home and away record at the promotion sides last season, Sutton and Notts apart, was not good.

I know it will never happen, and he is too good for this league, but I’d love to see Lee Novak again in a blue CFC shirt.

We only had Danny Rowe for the run in last season and he can turn a match from a free kick, which was an ability we lacked previously, and that can be quite an asset in the tight matches.

Then, message board members feel Tom Denton is a regular goalscorer and he is coming back to full fitness now. He, again, has attributes from dead ball situations.

Stefan Payne should be good for 10 goals and, if pre-season friendlies are a guide, he has an ability to provide assists too. Add to that the expected better quality balls into the box to be provided by King & Miller and logically there should be more clear cut chances created. And, surely those two along with our central midfielders should chip in with a few too.

If, Asante is brought back into the equation around the half-season mark it could become a question of "who plays" as much as "who will score".

Confidence breeds success and for a striker goals give confidence. As such, I think it is more important we get off to a good start in the first 10 games, or so, rather than giving the rest of the league a head start above us.

This post has been edited by dtp: 23 July 2021 - 03:49 PM

#14 User is offline   gordon_brittas 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2021 - 03:59 PM

View Postdtp, on 23 July 2021 - 03:45 PM, said:

We only had Danny Rowe for the run in last season and he can turn a match from a free kick, which was an ability we lacked previously, and that can be quite an asset in the tight matches.

Then, message board members feel Tom Denton is a regular goalscorer and he is coming back to full fitness now. He, again, has attributes from dead ball situations.

Stefan Payne should be good for 10 goals and, if pre-season friendlies are a guide, he has an ability to provide assists too. Add to that the expected better quality balls into the box to be provided by King & Miller and logically there should be more clear cut chances created. And, surely those two along with our central midfielders should chip in with a few too.

If, Asante is brought back into the equation around the half-season mark it could become a question of "who plays" as much as "who will score".

Confidence breeds success and for a striker goals give confidence. As such, I think it is more important we get off to a good start in the first 10 games, or so, rather than giving the rest of the league a head start above us.

Agree on a good start being imperative. Stockport and Wrexham seem to think they’ve won the league already, I’d hope, like Sutton last season, we sneak up on the inside and take it from under their noses.
Management Accepts New Ideas And Criticism...When Im Managaging think MANIAC!!

#15 User is offline   Geordieblue 

• Journeyman & score prediction double champion
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2021 - 04:55 PM

Is Tom still going out on loan?
gaudete
Rejoice

#16 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2021 - 05:25 PM

Won't write off our season just yet but it's going to one hell of a struggle with the likes of Wrexham and Stockport splashing the cash. I feel we may have to be patient with getting out of this league especially going into the season without our main striker.

#17 User is offline   hardgums 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2021 - 05:48 PM

I can imagine the lad's interview on signing. "I'm really buzzing....blah, blah, blah.... the club is massive....blah, blah, blah .... a club like this deserves to be in the Championship...blah, blah, blah...the fans are class...blah, blah, blah...it's not about the money" - yeah right!

#18 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 July 2021 - 05:53 PM

View Posthardgums, on 23 July 2021 - 05:48 PM, said:

I can imagine the lad's interview on signing. "I'm really buzzing....blah, blah, blah.... the club is massive....blah, blah, blah .... a club like this deserves to be in the Championship...blah, blah, blah...the fans are class...blah, blah, blah...it's not about the money" - yeah right!

Sounds very much like some of our summer signings that.

#19 User is online   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 23 July 2021 - 05:58 PM

Stockport just got Will Fish, Man Utd U23 skips on a season long loan
JRID

#20 User is offline   OneDecentLester 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2021 - 06:04 PM

View Postgordon_brittas, on 23 July 2021 - 02:35 PM, said:

In Danny Rowe we’ve got a guy who has consistently scored 20+ goals at this level every season he has played (and also a season in the NLN where he banged in 47 league goals)

If he gets the service, and plays with a strike partner to act as his foil, we will have absolutely no problem in scoring goals. He’s one of the very best around at this level

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users