Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Streaming Matches - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Streaming Matches

#21 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 July 2021 - 03:13 PM

In theory whats needed to do it the club has already so its just whether what they would make from streaming would cover the costs of doing it as i suspect the inPlayer 3rd party host gets a cut of things but then also the difference it makes to the actual attendance. You would suspect it would have to be available to away fans so it would cut the numbers there buying tickets, refreshments etc on top of home fans deciding sitting at home is a better option. In fact all the reasons that they dont allow 3pm Saturday kick offs to be shown live on TV\Stream in the UK.

#22 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 20 July 2021 - 03:16 PM

View PostTrigger, on 20 July 2021 - 02:57 PM, said:

Can't it be seen where you log in from though? If its not at the registered address (or within proximity of it) then cut em off

They could see the IP address of my internet connection i was viewing and track that to the address for that but that isnt always where you actually are. With a VPN you can make it look like you are anywhere in the world let alone 100 miles away from Chesterfield and even without a VPN its might not actually be your location. I'm currently at work in Derby but if you check the location for my IP address it gives the providers business address in Lancashire somewhere.

#23 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 20 July 2021 - 04:40 PM

View PostPhil V 72, on 20 July 2021 - 01:13 PM, said:

The mail (I know, pinch of salt) reporting that vaccine passports may be required to access stadia in the autumn.

Wouldn't surprise me, they are readily available on the NHS app, I needed mine to gain access to Trent Bridge on Friday night.

#24 User is offline   Bobby Darling 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2021 - 05:06 PM

View Postmonte, on 19 July 2021 - 07:51 AM, said:

It's a shame but I get it, be good if all the club's banned together and just dols their own streams in the future.

Problem is most leagues are run by the very old school mentality that think TV channels are the best way when in reality if they set up their own streaming service they could keep more of the money, charge less and make more...

Imagine if the PL charged £10/month for streaming of all matches Most would do that. But they'd rather line to pockets of the big 6 (on of which is on the PL board) than increase money for all the club's and make it cheaper for the fans.

If you go down the streaming route ie make every game available the Big 6 would become more powerful. You’re not going to deliver more equality as long as fans fill all the stadia and Sky takes the cash. BT might withdraw but more powerful media owners like Amazon and Disney are hovering. For fans to improve things for ourselves we would have to take the pain (go on strike) and withdraw for a spell.

#25 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 21 July 2021 - 08:50 AM

View PostBobby Darling, on 20 July 2021 - 05:06 PM, said:

If you go down the streaming route ie make every game available the Big 6 would become more powerful. You’re not going to deliver more equality as long as fans fill all the stadia and Sky takes the cash. BT might withdraw but more powerful media owners like Amazon and Disney are hovering. For fans to improve things for ourselves we would have to take the pain (go on strike) and withdraw for a spell.

I withdrew years ago from paying for Sky, BT etc, and have boycotted Amazon for the last decade or so as they don't pay back their fair share to society.
I do pay for Town streams (and go to games when allowed by global pandemic/wife), so at least my cash goes where I want it to, more or less.
These go to eleven.

#26 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 21 July 2021 - 09:22 AM

View PostBobby Darling, on 20 July 2021 - 05:06 PM, said:

Ironically werent they forced to sell rights to more than one provider to make it better for fans when in reality it meant you now need a subscription to Sky, BT and Amazon to cover all live football so it got more expensive for people who wanted them all.

#27 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 21 July 2021 - 05:18 PM

View PostJonB, on 21 July 2021 - 09:22 AM, said:

Ironically werent they forced to sell rights to more than one provider to make it better for fans when in reality it meant you now need a subscription to Sky, BT and Amazon to cover all live football so it got more expensive for people who wanted them all.

You can do it by getting the Virgin Media Sport package and get all 3 without the 3 separate subscriptions....The only one that may cause an issue is the Amazon one.
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#28 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 22 July 2021 - 04:17 PM

Apparently there are plans to stream our home friendlies

#29 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2021 - 04:26 PM

View Postmoondog, on 22 July 2021 - 04:17 PM, said:

Apparently there are plans to stream our home friendlies

evening.
Any idea whether Alfreton and Matlock matches were videod?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#30 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 22 July 2021 - 04:34 PM

View Postdim view, on 22 July 2021 - 04:26 PM, said:

evening.
Any idea whether Alfreton and Matlock matches were videod?

Evening

Alfreton was streamed so ought to be available somewhere, whereas Matlock usually produce some short highlights on their You Tube channel (not up yet)

#31 User is offline   monte 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2021 - 10:00 AM

If streaming does not go ahead do you think the club will be working on producing longer highlights perhaps even selling full matches again?

I know they've never sold every match before like other clubs use to back in the day but it's an idea. Especially if we have some very good matches this year?

#32 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2021 - 11:28 AM

View Postmoondog, on 22 July 2021 - 04:34 PM, said:

Evening

Alfreton was streamed so ought to be available somewhere, whereas Matlock usually produce some short highlights on their You Tube channel (not up yet)

Bump
This is all I can find...

https://www.youtube....h?v=yP0bVIadQ7I

It will be a great shame if Rowe's goal is not recorded anywhere.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#33 User is offline   Holmesc1 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 25 July 2021 - 07:24 PM

Cant see there been a big demand for streaming with fans returning, apart from the odd person who is still shielding who was once a regular and maybe the odd exile and some of the quality was hitty missy, not as of they were bt/sky tv broadcast quality. You would think this tv blackout at 3 on a saturday will return, imagine it folk could watch every game at 3 in the top 5 divisions, we would be a nation of armchair fans and the lower league clubs down the pyramid would suffer

#34 User is offline   monte 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2021 - 08:52 AM

They used to show matches as 3pm on the terrestrial tv, fans still went. Main difference was Arsenal, Utd etc couldn't charge £50-200 a ticket when that was happening

This post has been edited by monte: 26 July 2021 - 08:52 AM

#35 User is offline   Holmesc1 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2021 - 10:44 AM

View Postmonte, on 26 July 2021 - 08:52 AM, said:

They used to show matches as 3pm on the terrestrial tv, fans still went. Main difference was Arsenal, Utd etc couldn't charge £50-200 a ticket when that was happening

How long ago was that, apart from the last 2 seasons ive never seen televised games at 3:00, not on legal uk channels anyway

#36 User is offline   BlueRodneyFern 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2021 - 11:11 AM

View PostHolmesc1, on 25 July 2021 - 07:24 PM, said:

Cant see there been a big demand for streaming with fans returning, apart from the odd person who is still shielding who was once a regular and maybe the odd exile and some of the quality was hitty missy, not as of they were bt/sky tv broadcast quality. You would think this tv blackout at 3 on a saturday will return, imagine it folk could watch every game at 3 in the top 5 divisions, we would be a nation of armchair fans and the lower league clubs down the pyramid would suffer

View PostHolmesc1, on 25 July 2021 - 07:24 PM, said:

I will definitely watch all the games as I am house bound after having a heart attack the other week and I was gutted to miss a pre season matches and it's a income for the club too

#37 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 26 July 2021 - 11:21 AM

View PostHolmesc1, on 26 July 2021 - 10:44 AM, said:

How long ago was that, apart from the last 2 seasons ive never seen televised games at 3:00, not on legal uk channels anyway

Same here, i cannot ever remember 3pm Saturday games being shown live apart from recent streaming because grounds were closed.

#38 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 26 July 2021 - 11:26 AM

There are a number of reasons why people would stream.

Fans living overseas or on holiday- quite clearly can't get to a game
fans living in other parts of the country- travel regularly would be an issue
cost- might not be able to afford to attend in person or for the whole family so streaming will maintain that persons interest and also encourage that family to watch the game and guarantee fans of the future
Bad weather e.g. Too cold for walton!!, travelling from further afield.
people self isolating
Limited ticket allocation for away fans

Not everyone could make all away games but would make the effort to watch from home if streaming was available. Personally if possible I would always choose too attend in person over streaming but steaming would be useful for games I can't attend.

The big issue is firstly whether streaming would be allowed and the cost effectiveness of running the streaming.

I would like to think streaming could attract more fans, especially if team is doing well
Have passport will travel

#39 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 26 July 2021 - 11:54 AM

View PostBenno Spire, on 26 July 2021 - 11:26 AM, said:

There are a number of reasons why people would stream.

Fans living overseas or on holiday- quite clearly can't get to a game
fans living in other parts of the country- travel regularly would be an issue
cost- might not be able to afford to attend in person or for the whole family so streaming will maintain that persons interest and also encourage that family to watch the game and guarantee fans of the future
Bad weather e.g. Too cold for walton!!, travelling from further afield.
people self isolating
Limited ticket allocation for away fans

+wife moaning that being away for about 4.5 hours on a Saturday is too much
These go to eleven.

#40 User is offline   monte 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2021 - 01:35 PM

View PostJonB, on 26 July 2021 - 11:21 AM, said:

Same here, i cannot ever remember 3pm Saturday games being shown live apart from recent streaming because grounds were closed.

It was before my time in the 60s when the Burnley chairman convinced the league that TV games at 3pm would damage attendances. But I can remember watching 3pm cup games on when I was a kid in the 90s.

My point was that those that want to go will go, I've driven up from Worcestershire for cup games and all sorts that "was on Sky".

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users