Posted 18 July 2021 - 04:43 PM

What time is KO?
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#42 User is offline   TheMatlockFan 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 July 2021 - 04:56 PM

Gladiators Chairman Bryn Apperley wishes to apologise for any confusion arisen from our original statement, the law around beverages has stood since 1985 and we are extremely grateful to PC Adam Collins for his kind and helpful guidance around hosting games.

#43 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2021 - 05:17 PM

View PostCFC91, on 18 July 2021 - 03:50 PM, said:

Great idea. Let folk cram inside for a beer and leave all the space in the outdoors for everyone else.

I do think some policy making at local and National levels is pretty mental, this is a fine example of that.

What’s wrong with selling cans out of a big ice bucket like they normal do at Matlock? Much safer than a packed bar and huge queues to get in and out

They haven’t sold beer out a bucket for a whille. I remember them trying an outdoor bar on the patio area which turned into a disaster because it was so hot the beer just frothed.

This directive doesn’t even sound like it is Covid related
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#44 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2021 - 05:24 PM

View Postazul, on 18 July 2021 - 05:17 PM, said:

They haven’t sold beer out a bucket for a whille. I remember them trying an outdoor bar on the patio area which turned into a disaster because it was so hot the beer just frothed.

This directive doesn’t even sound like it is Covid related

I reckon I’ve been 10 times to watch us in a friendly and you’ve been able to booze watching the game every time. Definitely not Covid related, and definitely not been the law as apparently it now is all of a sudden

#45 User is online   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2021 - 05:38 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 18 July 2021 - 04:35 PM, said:

At Nottingham races on Friday you were told when entering the course that you could only drink alcohol sat down at tables in drinking venues, either inside or out and u couldn’t take the drink to watch the race….that lasted until about 20 mins before the first race then just became irrelevant.

And the same lot will be bellyaching if the venue has to shut or go back to hosting meetings without racegoers.

#46 User is online   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2021 - 05:44 PM

View PostCFC91, on 18 July 2021 - 05:24 PM, said:

I reckon I’ve been 10 times to watch us in a friendly and you’ve been able to booze watching the game every time. Definitely not Covid related, and definitely not been the law as apparently it now is all of a sudden

I think it's covered under the Sporting Events Act that you are unable to consume alcohol and face the pitch!

#47 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 18 July 2021 - 06:10 PM

View PostTheMatlockFan, on 18 July 2021 - 01:19 PM, said:

NEWS XTRA | Arrangements for Chesterfield FC fixture

https://www.matlockt...-fc-fixture.asp

Can you possibly have extra staff in the bar area, always seems too much of a wait in that hour leading upto KO. Thanx.Posted Image
God I hate this league.

#48 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2021 - 06:51 PM

View PostBlue5, on 18 July 2021 - 05:44 PM, said:

I think it's covered under the Sporting Events Act that you are unable to consume alcohol and face the pitch!

Only at Tier 5 / Step 1 and above.

Can drink alcohol at Step 2 and below, always have been able too and the law hasn’t changed since implementation in 1985.
Infact it’s probably one of the biggest Matchday earners at non league level. Some absolutely belting club houses on the non league circuit geared up towards serving ale on a match day - hence why so many at Step 3 did not want to resume when football restarted in Jan, because of limitations on drinking stood up meaning they’d not make any money!

Like I said I’ve been Matlock for our friendlies for years and you’ve always been able to have a drink so the sudden change isn’t anything related to the law changing, just sounds weird for those who are planning on going and fancy a beer in the sun.

This post has been edited by CFC91: 18 July 2021 - 06:53 PM

#49 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 18 July 2021 - 08:37 PM

View PostTheMatlockFan, on 18 July 2021 - 04:56 PM, said:

Gladiators Chairman Bryn Apperley wishes to apologise for any confusion arisen from our original statement, the law around beverages has stood since 1985 and we are extremely grateful to PC Adam Collins for his kind and helpful guidance around hosting games.

I'm a bit confused now.

Has Matlock and other clubs at their level been breaking the law by allowing drinks to be consumed whilst viewing the match for the past 35 years and PC Adam Collins has just pointed it out. Or is this a new and/or local interpretation of the law.

I have to say not getting a drink at the Chesterfield game doesn't bother me because of the queues but as a fairly regular attendee of league games (and the lounge) it is a massive blow if this rule persists.

#50 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 18 July 2021 - 08:51 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 18 July 2021 - 04:43 PM, said:

What time is KO?

No Beer O'Clock

#51 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 18 July 2021 - 09:09 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 18 July 2021 - 04:35 PM, said:

At Nottingham races on Friday you were told when entering the course that you could only drink alcohol sat down at tables in drinking venues, either inside or out and u couldn’t take the drink to watch the race….that lasted until about 20 mins before the first race then just became irrelevant.

Sometimes, when rules are stupid, they’re best ignored.

#52 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2021 - 08:16 AM

View Postazul, on 18 July 2021 - 08:37 PM, said:

I'm a bit confused now.

Has Matlock and other clubs at their level been breaking the law by allowing drinks to be consumed whilst viewing the match for the past 35 years and PC Adam Collins has just pointed it out. Or is this a new and/or local interpretation of the law.

I have to say not getting a drink at the Chesterfield game doesn't bother me because of the queues but as a fairly regular attendee of league games (and the lounge) it is a massive blow if this rule persists.

The rules haven't changed, that's the point/confusion I think.

You can still drink at Tier 6/Step 2 and below. I think they're hiding behind the fact it is a Step 3 club v a Step 1 and saying because they are playing a 'proper' side it's no longer allowed, which as you've said has never previously been the case.
I think the police are just looking for an excuse to stop CFC fans drinking for whatever reason - and in turn will probably force everyone indoors in a less COVID secure area. Pretty stupid if you ask me - if it's not broke and all that.

You'll definitely be able to have a drink at a regular Matlock game, or anywhere else on the non league circuit at Step 2 & below. I've done 200 od grounds and I think there's only 1 or 2 instances at this level where booze hasn't been served - COVID & a local derby at NLN level.

#53 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 19 July 2021 - 08:51 AM

View PostCFC91, on 19 July 2021 - 08:16 AM, said:

The rules haven't changed, that's the point/confusion I think.

You can still drink at Tier 6/Step 2 and below. I think they're hiding behind the fact it is a Step 3 club v a Step 1 and saying because they are playing a 'proper' side it's no longer allowed, which as you've said has never previously been the case.
I think the police are just looking for an excuse to stop CFC fans drinking for whatever reason - and in turn will probably force everyone indoors in a less COVID secure area. Pretty stupid if you ask me - if it's not broke and all that.

You'll definitely be able to have a drink at a regular Matlock game, or anywhere else on the non league circuit at Step 2 & below. I've done 200 od grounds and I think there's only 1 or 2 instances at this level where booze hasn't been served - COVID & a local derby at NLN level.

If there was a history of issues at the game then you could almost understand it but if its purely the coppers thinking they want to stop a big hooligan issue then its nonsense. As you say this games has happened for years with no issues whatsoever.

#54 User is offline   TheMatlockFan 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2021 - 09:03 AM

Gladiators & Spireites come together to celebrate the life of Ernie Moss

https://www.matlockt...-ernie-moss.asp

#55 User is online   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 19 July 2021 - 09:38 AM

View PostJonB, on 19 July 2021 - 08:51 AM, said:

If there was a history of issues at the game then you could almost understand it but if its purely the coppers thinking they want to stop a big hooligan issue then its nonsense. As you say this games has happened for years with no issues whatsoever.

If that's the polices train of thought and having gone a season without flexing their muscles can we expect a few ridiculous kick off times this coming season? For what will be classed as NONE LEAGUE football.

Back to Wednesday, a word off caution the road from Wingerworth via Press Res., to the main Matlock Road (Birkin Lane) as been closed for an eternity is this still the case?
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#56 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 19 July 2021 - 09:46 AM

View PostJonB, on 19 July 2021 - 08:51 AM, said:

I’m wondering if it is a wider issue. During the brief start to Matlock’s season last year they implemented the same rule for a league game, baffling everyone.

Perhaps ‘The Matlock Fan’ can clarify

#57 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 19 July 2021 - 11:13 AM

View Postclarevoyant., on 19 July 2021 - 09:38 AM, said:

Back to Wednesday, a word off caution the road from Wingerworth via Press Res., to the main Matlock Road (Birkin Lane) as been closed for an eternity is this still the case?

There are also road closed signs saying you cant get through Ashover either but if its still the same as the other week its just the road near the Old Poets from there to the bottom of the road the school is on thats shut. You can still go through past the cricket ground and out the other side of Ashover to get through.

#58 User is online   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 19 July 2021 - 11:31 AM

View PostJonB, on 19 July 2021 - 11:13 AM, said:

There are also road closed signs saying you cant get through Ashover either but if its still the same as the other week its just the road near the Old Poets from there to the bottom of the road the school is on thats shut. You can still go through past the cricket ground and out the other side of Ashover to get through.

I tried to get too ACC a few weeks ago but Birkin Lane was shut resulting in a hasty
dash round Tupton/Littlemmor. Last Wednesday I attempted Birkin Lane again thinking the autopsy being carried out on the dead bird or whatever the reason would be complete only to get too the entrance of the quarry and road closed barriers. Frustrating.

This post has been edited by clarevoyant.: 19 July 2021 - 11:38 AM

Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#59 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 19 July 2021 - 12:02 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 19 July 2021 - 11:31 AM, said:

I tried to get too ACC a few weeks ago but Birkin Lane was shut resulting in a hasty
dash round Tupton/Littlemmor. Last Wednesday I attempted Birkin Lane again thinking the autopsy being carried out on the dead bird or whatever the reason would be complete only to get too the entrance of the quarry and road closed barriers. Frustrating.

Misread your post initially, yeh its been shut for a while and not sure why. The road closure in the village near the Old Poets is now gone but whilst it was happening they had signs up at both sides of Ashover\Kelstedge saying you couldnt get through when you could.

This post has been edited by JonB: 19 July 2021 - 12:05 PM

#60 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 19 July 2021 - 12:11 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 19 July 2021 - 11:31 AM, said:

Here you go, from the Derbyshire Roadworks Map it says :-

DERBYSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE
Birkin Lane, Wingerworth
WHEN: 31st May 2021 to 27th July 2021
WHERE: Birkin Lane, Wingerworth between its junction with Bolehill Lane and its junction with Malthouse Lane.
REASON: To facilitate culvert replacement works.
ALTERNATIVE ROUTE: Birkin Lane (from point of closure), Nethermoor Road, A61 Derby Road, Ashover Road, Press Lane, Alton Hill, Long Lane, Birkin Lane (to point of closure) Wingerworth and vice versa. Access will be maintained, whenever reasonably possible, on the affected length of road. The road will re-open as soon as the work is finished. This may be earlier than advertised.

Share this topic:

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users