Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Legends Of The Spire Podcast Thread - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (34 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Legends Of The Spire Podcast Thread Chatting with former Spireites

#1 User is offline   Doctor_Blue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 February 2021 - 12:13 AM

Enjoyed this interview with Jamie, obviously a local lad (I still think I delivered papers to his house on brockwell lane) - 75 min interview covering early youth & YTS introduction, covering his introduction into the first team, associated coaches and managers, the PO's in 90 and 95, spell at Donny, the 97' cup run and hopes for the future with JR.

Looking forward to future interviews with the 'Legends of the Spire' (on twitter)

Episode 1: Jamie Hewitt: https://www.youtube....h?v=Nz6mKdZI99Y
When I say run, run!

#2 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 February 2021 - 10:44 AM

View PostDoctor_Blue, on 12 February 2021 - 12:13 AM, said:

Enjoyed this interview with Jamie, obviously a local lad (I still think I delivered papers to his house on brockwell lane) - 75 min interview covering early youth & YTS introduction, covering his introduction into the first team, associated coaches and managers, the PO's in 90 and 95, spell at Donny, the 97' cup run and hopes for the future with JR.

Looking forward to future interviews with the 'Legends of the Spire' (on twitter)

Episode 1: Jamie Hewitt: https://www.youtube....h?v=Nz6mKdZI99Y

Really enjoyed watching that, brought back some great memories.

#3 User is offline   GAC 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2021 - 11:36 AM

Very good look forward to some more legends

#4 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 12 February 2021 - 11:48 AM

Enjoyed that, also look forward to seeing more former players

#5 User is offline   RN Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC... oh and the wife and kids.

Posted 12 February 2021 - 02:01 PM

Loved it, can't watch his equaliser at Old Trafford without still tearing up after all these years.

#6 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 February 2021 - 04:36 PM

View PostRN Blue, on 12 February 2021 - 02:01 PM, said:

Loved it, can't watch his equaliser at Old Trafford without still tearing up after all these years.

I blubbed so don't feel bad.

#7 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 12 February 2021 - 05:28 PM

The person in question doing this was on twitter earlier saying they can't create an account as they want to come on and give more information about the show. If anyone on here could fix that you can find them on twitter.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#8 User is offline   Doctor_Blue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2021 - 07:18 PM

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 12 February 2021 - 05:28 PM, said:

The person in question doing this was on twitter earlier saying they can't create an account as they want to come on and give more information about the show. If anyone on here could fix that you can find them on twitter.

Moondog is already in touch with him.
When I say run, run!

#9 User is offline   LegendsOfTheSpire 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 13 February 2021 - 09:42 AM

Hi everyone. Firstly thanks to those that have helped me get onto here when I had a few account isssues. Much appreciated.

I'm Dave, a season ticket holder in the East Stand and work in the Theatre/Cinema sector so have had a bit of spare time on my hands for a while now. I was toying with the idea of a Chesterfield legends podcast for a while before Christmas so finally gave myself a kick and got it going. I'm not doing this to make any money (I've turned off monetisation on YouTube and Podcast platforms), it's just a chance to explore a passion and learn a few new skills that will be good for my real day job.

A big thanks to Jamie Hewitt, who was the first to say yes, even though I had nothing to show him about what I wanted to do. His passion for town is there for all to see and he still kicks every ball.

I'm recording them on zoom so that you can see their reactions but also releasing as an audio only podcast too so that you can listen while taking the dog for a walk if you prefer.

The YouTube version is here
https://www.youtube....jC3TKRJSXnV-inQ

And the podcast version is available on iTunes, Spotify, Acast, Podbean, TuneIn Alexa etc (just search 'Legends of the Spire' and it should pop up ready to download on to your phone)
https://legendsofthespire.podbean.com/

I'm on Twitter as @SpireLegends and Facebook here https://www.facebook...gendsoftheSpire

Another three players have already said yes and I'm recording my next one on Monday so hope to have Episode 2 out next Thursday.

And if I need to hire a private investigator to find Tcham N'Toya I will do it!

#10 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2021 - 01:35 PM

Nice one mate looking forward to listening to some more.

Let’s get Honor Gombani on as well. If you can track him down the worlds your oyster

Tcham was B****Y brilliant. Saw a memory on twitter yesterday it was 16 years to do the day since he scored a last winner at Belle Vue when we beat Donny 1-0.

#11 User is offline   LegendsOfTheSpire 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2021 - 08:06 PM

I definitely want to talk to some the players like Gombami (I've found him on Facebook. Now retired and living in Belgium), Felix Bastians, Tcham N'Toya, Janos Kovacs etc.

#12 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2021 - 11:15 PM

is Jamie our greatest legend? arguably he is, town lad, supporter of the club, played for us pretty much all his career, think he had a season at Donny when Chris Mcmemeny shipped him out and of course scored our most iconic goal in our history. i listened to the morris and davies interviews recently Q1, who do you support? Sheff Utd... Jamie is a total spireite through and through, is anyone qualified to challenge him as the ultimate spireite?

#13 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 13 February 2021 - 11:20 PM

View Postjack bauer, on 13 February 2021 - 11:15 PM, said:

is Jamie our greatest legend? arguably he is, town lad, supporter of the club, played for us pretty much all his career, think he had a season at Donny when Chris Mcmemeny shipped him out and of course scored our most iconic goal in our history. i listened to the morris and davies interviews recently Q1, who do you support? Sheff Utd... Jamie is a total spireite through and through, is anyone qualified to challenge him as the ultimate spireite?

Ernie

#14 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 13 February 2021 - 11:25 PM

View Postjack bauer, on 13 February 2021 - 11:15 PM, said:

I don't think he'd put himself in the top 10.

#15 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 13 February 2021 - 11:29 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 13 February 2021 - 11:25 PM, said:

I don't think he'd put himself in the top 10.

He's modest enough not to but JB does make a compelling argument, where his service as physio can be added.

#16 User is offline   LegendsOfTheSpire 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2021 - 09:24 AM

We were talking for nearly two hours and his passion and love for the club really shines through. You could see him getting emotional when he was talking about kissing the letter to John Duncan asking for a YTS.

I don't think there are many better ambassadors for the club when looking at his achievements and how well he speaks about the club.

#17 User is offline   bluearmytwo 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2021 - 06:16 PM

View PostLegendsOfTheSpire, on 13 February 2021 - 09:42 AM, said:

Hi everyone. Firstly thanks to those that have helped me get onto here when I had a few account isssues. Much appreciated.

I'm Dave, a season ticket holder in the East Stand and work in the Theatre/Cinema sector so have had a bit of spare time on my hands for a while now. I was toying with the idea of a Chesterfield legends podcast for a while before Christmas so finally gave myself a kick and got it going. I'm not doing this to make any money (I've turned off monetisation on YouTube and Podcast platforms), it's just a chance to explore a passion and learn a few new skills that will be good for my real day job.

A big thanks to Jamie Hewitt, who was the first to say yes, even though I had nothing to show him about what I wanted to do. His passion for town is there for all to see and he still kicks every ball.

I'm recording them on zoom so that you can see their reactions but also releasing as an audio only podcast too so that you can listen while taking the dog for a walk if you prefer.

The YouTube version is here
https://www.youtube....jC3TKRJSXnV-inQ

And the podcast version is available on iTunes, Spotify, Acast, Podbean, TuneIn Alexa etc (just search 'Legends of the Spire' and it should pop up ready to download on to your phone)

I'm on Twitter as @SpireLegends and Facebook here https://www.facebook...gendsoftheSpire

Another three players have already said yes and I'm recording my next one on Monday so hope to have Episode 2 out next Thursday.

And if I need to hire a private investigator to find Tcham N'Toya I will do it!

I think Tina (the club photographer) is still in touch with Tcham.

#18 User is offline   LegendsOfTheSpire 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2021 - 09:48 AM

Episode 2 of the podcast has just gone live.

This week I've had a chat with Dwayne Mattis about the 2010/11 title winning season.

Some interesting comments about Sheridan (seems he was even a marmite boss in that season) and the team spirit of that squad. He couldn't speak highly enough of the atmosphere created by the fans that season and loved his 18 months at the club, had some tough injuries that meant he retired at 31. Interesting that even the squad thought that the season after the promotion they were going into League one with a much weaker squad after the Clayton Donaldson rumour never came to anything.

You can watch it here
https://youtu.be/IP1DNjsU4Gg

and it's also on iTunes, Spotify etc if you prefer.

Lovely chap.

#19 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2021 - 10:02 AM

View PostLegendsOfTheSpire, on 18 February 2021 - 09:48 AM, said:

Episode 2 of the podcast has just gone live.

This week I've had a chat with Dwayne Mattis about the 2010/11 title winning season.

Some interesting comments about Sheridan (seems he was even a marmite boss in that season) and the team spirit of that squad. He couldn't speak highly enough of the atmosphere created by the fans that season and loved his 18 months at the club, had some tough injuries that meant he retired at 31. Interesting that even the squad thought that the season after the promotion they were going into League one with a much weaker squad after the Clayton Donaldson rumour never came to anything.

You can watch it here
https://youtu.be/IP1DNjsU4Gg

and it's also on iTunes, Spotify etc if you prefer.

Lovely chap.

Will give this a listen today whilst working. Finished the Hewitt one yesterday and really enjoyed it

#20 User is offline   Doctor_Blue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2021 - 10:19 AM

Another good interview, this time with Aaron Downes - fond times with the Spireites and still has connections to the area through his wife and in-laws and can see them settling back in the area eventually.

ps. That Derek Niven goal in the league cup was a peach !!

https://www.youtube....h?v=E6XZjUzbubQ

Aaron Downes moved from Australia to the UK as a teenager in 2004 to forge a career in English league football. After signing for Chesterfield following a successful trial he spent eight years at the club and became a firm favourite with the fans.

Now assistant manager at Torquay United we talk his career in the game, his move into coaching and the great Chesterfield League Cup run of 2006.
When I say run, run!

Share this topic:

• (34 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users