Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Bbc Keeps Motd Until 2019 - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bbc Keeps Motd Until 2019

#1 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:29 PM

I know many have no allegiance to any Prem club at all but I'm delighted the Beeb have retained the highlights package until 2019, including a new midweek MofD show.
Anything that keeps football off of ITV has got to be worthwhile .. Obviously ITV got wind of this last week due to the sacking of some big sports names.
East stand second class citizen.

#2 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:40 AM

ITV made no offer apparently..they've got no domestic league football coverage at all now..only England games.whats gone off there?
A few years ago they had the Premiership, albeit briefly, football league, and champions league!

#3 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:43 AM

Are itv slowly giving up with football all together?

B****Y hope so
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#4 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:48 AM

Bar the Tour De France each summer on ITV4 what sport have ITV actually been left with? Do they still show some Europa League football?

#5 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:09 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 30 January 2015 - 08:40 AM, said:

ITV made no offer apparently..they've got no domestic league football coverage at all now..only England games.whats gone off there?
A few years ago they had the Premiership, albeit briefly, football league, and champions league!

It's all the adverts & presenters that ruin the football on ITV - at least with the BEEB it's football, football, football & filled in with interesting stuff at half time.

Watching the ITV world cup coverage was cringeworthy at times

#6 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:16 AM

View PostJonB, on 30 January 2015 - 08:48 AM, said:

Bar the Tour De France each summer on ITV4 what sport have ITV actually been left with? Do they still show some Europa League football?

The BT Sport package, starting next season and running for 3 years, is for the whole live package ie Europa league and of course Champions league, ITV get the highlights package for 3 years for both competitions, but I think they can show the final live. They've also signed Carl Frampton for his next live fight.
The Premier League live packages are expected to be revealed early March and I wouldn't be surprised to see BT once again give Sky a B****Y nose by claiming some of the premium packages avaiable instead of just the bottom 2 like they got last time. Of course it just makes it far more expensive for those thst want to watch the games because we now have to subscribe to two pay per view stations! So much for making it better for the consumer!

#7 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tits!

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:11 PM

Boxing is going to make a triumphant return to itv though..
@ash_cfc89 - Against Modern Football

#8 User is offline   Stents 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:36 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 30 January 2015 - 10:16 AM, said:

The BT Sport package, starting next season and running for 3 years, is for the whole live package ie Europa league and of course Champions league, ITV get the highlights package for 3 years for both competitions, but I think they can show the final live. They've also signed Carl Frampton for his next live fight.
The Premier League live packages are expected to be revealed early March and I wouldn't be surprised to see BT once again give Sky a B****Y nose by claiming some of the premium packages avaiable instead of just the bottom 2 like they got last time. Of course it just makes it far more expensive for those thst want to watch the games because we now have to subscribe to two pay per view stations! So much for making it better for the consumer!

I think if you take out BT's broadband they give you their sports package for free.

Im not sure but i think you can have this playing through your sky box. May be worth looking into if the games are going to be split between sky and BT

#9 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:44 PM

View PostStents, on 30 January 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

I think if you take out BT's broadband they give you their sports package for free.

Im not sure but i think you can have this playing through your sky box. May be worth looking into if the games are going to be split between sky and BT

That was definitely the case when BT Sport started....brother in law has BT Broadband so gets BT Sport via his Sky setup for nowt. I use his BT Sports login to stream it via their website as my laptop is connected to our telly or i use the BT Sport app on my iPhone or iPad. ;)

I'm currently getting Sky Broadband Unlimited for free however since moving house so no point in me paying whatever to get BT Broadband...probably be cheaper to actually pay whatever it is a month to get BT Sports direct not that i will be doing mind you!

This post has been edited by JonB: 30 January 2015 - 01:45 PM

#10 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:22 PM

View PostStents, on 30 January 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

Yes you can watch BT channels on Sky set up.

#11 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:25 PM

View PostJonB, on 30 January 2015 - 01:44 PM, said:

That was definitely the case when BT Sport started....brother in law has BT Broadband so gets BT Sport via his Sky setup for nowt. I use his BT Sports login to stream it via their website as my laptop is connected to our telly or i use the BT Sport app on my iPhone or iPad. ;)

I'm currently getting Sky Broadband Unlimited for free however since moving house so no point in me paying whatever to get BT Broadband...probably be cheaper to actually pay whatever it is a month to get BT Sports direct not that i will be doing mind you!

I regularly ring Sky and get price reductions, helps that I have the lot with them, fibre optic, multi room , hd, sports etc etc, but I'm 100% sure if any Sky customer rung them up and said " im switching to BT for everything because I'll get their Sports channel for free" then see how quickly they give you a deal!

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 30 January 2015 - 02:26 PM

#12 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:29 PM

We have Sky with sports no movies, multiroom and broadband but already saving whatever a month getting the broadband free for two years. Occasionally get movies for free on various deals but barely watch it. Thing is bar the odd Prem game i'd watch ESPN more than BT Sports.

#13 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:44 PM

Forgot espn existed, what happened to them? Didn't they have a lot of prem games the other year?
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#14 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:48 PM

I have to be honest I hardly watch MOTD anymore. It used to be religious viewing if I wasn't already out.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#15 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:50 PM

View Postlindo-spireite, on 30 January 2015 - 02:44 PM, said:

Forgot espn existed, what happened to them? Didn't they have a lot of prem games the other year?

The UK ESPN which had the Prem games disappeared when BT Sport came along i think.

#16 User is offline   Stents 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:10 PM

If you are going to ring sky ring them on a Wednesday. Thats when all their advisers get new deals to give away.

#17 User is offline   LuSiVe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:16 PM

View PostJonB, on 30 January 2015 - 02:50 PM, said:

The UK ESPN which had the Prem games disappeared when BT Sport came along i think.

BT Sport took over ESPN and it is included in their BT Sport package. Currently only watch MLB on it though.

#18 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:38 PM

View PostLuSiVe, on 30 January 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

BT Sport took over ESPN and it is included in their BT Sport package. Currently only watch MLB on it though.

I've watched a bit of college american football on there....

#19 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:13 PM

View PostJonB, on 30 January 2015 - 03:38 PM, said:

I've watched a bit of college american football on there....

Go Badgers
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#20 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:17 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 30 January 2015 - 04:13 PM, said:

Go Badgers

Go no-one in particular it was just something to watch on the ipad whilst doing the pots!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users