#2 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 04 June 2020 - 12:11 PM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 04 June 2020 - 10:06 AM, said:

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for the family

While I feel for their loss. I cannot understand why supposedly caring parents would leave their children alone in a hotel room in a foreign country so they could go out. If we left our kids alone in our own house and went out we would be charged with neglect. How come they were not charged?
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#3 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 04 June 2020 - 01:00 PM

View Postfishini, on 04 June 2020 - 12:11 PM, said:

While I feel for their loss. I cannot understand why supposedly caring parents would leave their children alone in a hotel room in a foreign country so they could go out. If we left our kids alone in our own house and went out we would be charged with neglect. How come they were not charged?

I’d imagine that has haunted them for years and years.
They shouldn’t have done it but the abuse they have recieved has been terrible for years also

#4 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 04 June 2020 - 01:13 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 04 June 2020 - 01:00 PM, said:

I’d imagine that has haunted them for years and years.
They shouldn’t have done it but the abuse they have recieved has been terrible for years also

Not from me, however the law is for everyone. They shouldn't have been immune. Caring loving parents just wouldn't have done it. They were selfish and the child has paid the ultimate price
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#5 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 04 June 2020 - 01:28 PM

I think we all know that- this is not the time to keep on about it surely.

#6 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 04 June 2020 - 01:35 PM

Sickens me this attitude

Blaming the parents and not the monster
JRID

#7 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 June 2020 - 01:38 PM

View Postfishini, on 04 June 2020 - 01:13 PM, said:

Not from me, however the law is for everyone. They shouldn't have been immune. Caring loving parents just wouldn't have done it. They were selfish and the child has paid the ultimate price

So you're saying they didn't (don't) care or love their children?

A friend of mine did a course with a very close friend of the McCann's and according to her they care very much for their children.

People like you are so quick to judge. Blaming the parents is easily done, personally I blame the bottom feeding wretch who broke into their apartment and kidnapped that poor little girl. The chances are if the parents were in at the time it still would have happened.

I know you like to portray yourself as the perfect parent but are your kids influenced by your absolute hatred of other people? They are probably aware of it. Do you bring them up to hate people who live in Nottingham or people who choose to vote differently from you?

No such thing as a perfect parent, most parents do the best for their kids but we can all fall short at times.

#8 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 04 June 2020 - 01:40 PM

Quaker said:

1591277888[/url]' post='1520166']

A friend of mine did a course with a very close friend of the McCann's and according to her they care very much for their children.

People like you are so quick to judge. Blaming the parents is easily done, personally I blame the bottom feeding wretch who broke into their apartment and kidnapped that poor little girl. The chances are if the parents were in at the time it still would have happened.

I know you like to portray yourself as the perfect parent but are your kids influenced by your absolute hatred of other people? They are probably aware of it. Do you bring them up to hate people who live in Nottingham or people who choose to vote differently from you?

No such thing as a perfect parent, most parents do the best for their kids but we can all fall short at times.

👏
A new hope.

#9 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 04 June 2020 - 02:39 PM

View Postfishini, on 04 June 2020 - 12:11 PM, said:

For once you and I completely agree.
This is not to take away anything from the horrific crime and offender.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 04 June 2020 - 02:41 PM

East stand second class citizen.

#10 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 04 June 2020 - 02:43 PM

View PostQuaker, on 04 June 2020 - 01:38 PM, said:

Not the best topic to get into a discussion about due to the horrendous outcome but I'd imagine the chances of it happening if the parents had been at home would have reduced dramatically. Sadly all by the by now.

#11 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 04 June 2020 - 02:53 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 04 June 2020 - 02:43 PM, said:

Not the best topic to get into a discussion about due to the horrendous outcome but I'd imagine the chances of it happening if the parents had been at home would have reduced dramatically. Sadly all by the by now.

Would you say that about the Coronavirus?

#12 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 04 June 2020 - 03:07 PM

View PostQuaker, on 04 June 2020 - 02:53 PM, said:

Would you say that about the Coronavirus?

No, I think that's an ideal topic to get into a discussion about, and of course we can discuss the Maddy case, I was just saying that it's not the best subject, which of course doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss it.. Not sure what you meant tbh?

#13 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 04 June 2020 - 03:18 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 04 June 2020 - 03:07 PM, said:

No, I think that's an ideal topic to get into a discussion about, and of course we can discuss the Maddy case, I was just saying that it's not the best subject, which of course doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss it.. Not sure what you meant tbh?

Sorry if I added confusion.

You said "Not the best topic to get into a discussion about due to the horrendous outcome....." I read that as you meaning the Madeleine McCann topic is not something that should be discussed because of the outcome.

My comparison using the Coronavirus is 40,000 people have died, probably more, which is also an horrendous outcome.

#14 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 04 June 2020 - 03:26 PM

View PostQuaker, on 04 June 2020 - 03:18 PM, said:

Sorry if I added confusion.

You said "Not the best topic to get into a discussion about due to the horrendous outcome....." I read that as you meaning the Madeleine McCann topic is not something that should be discussed because of the outcome.

My comparison using the Coronavirus is 40,000 people have died, probably more, which is also an horrendous outcome.

I think the reasoning would be, and this isn't judging what should and shouldn't be discussed, is that coronavirus is affecting everybody is some way or other, where as the Madeleine case is an horrendous outcome for a specific family. But of course that doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed.

#15 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 04 June 2020 - 03:32 PM

View PostQuaker, on 04 June 2020 - 01:38 PM, said:

Sometimes you talk twaddle. Would you leave your children in a hotel room in a foreign country alone while you go out? I wouldn't. I wouldn't leave mine in our own house on their own. So the monster you took her would have done the same thing had the parents been in with them. Are you real? Nobody would be allowed to lay a finger on mine. They would have to kill me first.
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#16 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 04 June 2020 - 03:41 PM

View Postfishini, on 04 June 2020 - 03:32 PM, said:

Sometimes you talk twaddle. Would you leave your children in a hotel room in a foreign country alone while you go out? I wouldn't. I wouldn't leave mine in our own house on their own. So the monster you took her would have done the same thing had the parents been in with them. Are you real? Nobody would be allowed to lay a finger on mine. They would have to kill me first.

Anyone can be complacent, no-one could have foreseen what was to happen.

#17 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 04 June 2020 - 04:08 PM

View Postmoondog, on 04 June 2020 - 03:41 PM, said:

Anyone can be complacent, no-one could have foreseen what was to happen.

Of course no one could have forseen what would happen. However with a hotel that provided a baby sitting service, complacency doesn't come into the scenario. Like I said before I feel sorry for their loss. I feel sorry for the child. If I did what they did I would deserve everything the law would throw at me.
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#18 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 04 June 2020 - 04:21 PM

fishini said:

1591284768[/url]' post='1520181']

If you was in the living room with the telly on, and this animal snuck in through a bedroom window how would you know about it?
A new hope.

#19 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 04 June 2020 - 04:27 PM

View Postfishini, on 04 June 2020 - 04:08 PM, said:

Of course no one could have forseen what would happen. However with a hotel that provided a baby sitting service, complacency doesn't come into the scenario. Like I said before I feel sorry for their loss. I feel sorry for the child. If I did what they did I would deserve everything the law would throw at me.

There is no law that gives a certain age where children should or shoulnd't be left alone, in a house, and according to UK law:

"Parents can be prosecuted if they leave a child unsupervised ‘in a manner likely to cause unnecessary suffering or injury to health’"

In a hotel room, clearly visible across a pool area, in a foreign country means your delving in to a very grey area suggesting they should be prosecuted for breaking the law.

It was common place not 30 years ago for babies to be left alone in chalets at UK holiday parks while parents went to shows/pubs etc on site and wardens patroling the chalets would report chalets numbers of crying babies to be flashed up or anounced over tannoys for parents to go to tend to.

#20 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 04 June 2020 - 04:35 PM

View Postfishini, on 04 June 2020 - 03:32 PM, said:

For a start, it wasn't a hotel room. They also had a line of sight to the apartment. Would I have left mine, probably not but your condemnation and your declaration they didn't care or love their children is completely fabricated based on your hateful nature. Sadly, a trait you're likely to pass on to your own kids.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users