Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Are We Caught In A Trap? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Are We Caught In A Trap?

#21 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:56 PM

View PostSecurity66, on 24 October 2016 - 01:52 PM, said:

Or even better still sack the to hat.

I bow to your better idea.
East stand second class citizen.

#22 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:03 PM

View Postmartatcross, on 24 October 2016 - 12:36 PM, said:

It is the hardest thing to do but purposely not going is a hard decision one I didn't take lightly I have seen Town in very hard times and watched the club almost fold in the dark times of the past. In 47 seasons I have never questioned the board room even in the Brown era it was difficult to know what was happening until investigation took place,however I can only see a dark tunnel with no light at the end of it. Chesterfield FC is dying on its feet

I find it easy not to go - that's just how my affection for the club has dropped.
God I hate this league.

#23 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:05 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 24 October 2016 - 02:03 PM, said:

I find it easy not to go - that's just how my affection for the club has dropped.

snap

#24 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:10 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 24 October 2016 - 02:03 PM, said:

Same. I didn't even check on the score until about 16:15 on Saturday.

#25 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:44 PM

View Posthilly81, on 24 October 2016 - 02:10 PM, said:

Same. I didn't even check on the score until about 16:15 on Saturday.

I'm crying inside because even tho I have a season ticket for this season I will not be there next season if the Sheffield mafia are still there,it will be the first time in 47 years that I will not be watching my team at home,God knows how I will feel when/if the time comes but money is the only thing they respect.

#26 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:50 PM

View PostSecurity66, on 24 October 2016 - 02:44 PM, said:

I'm crying inside because even tho I have a season ticket for this season I will not be there next season if the Sheffield mafia are still there,it will be the first time in 47 years that I will not be watching my team at home,God knows how I will feel when/if the time comes but money is the only thing they respect.

I think some people could put the opposite argument. They don't respect money- hence the proceeds of player sales, Wembley appearances and two championships have been frittered away with nothing to show for it.

#27 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:53 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 24 October 2016 - 02:50 PM, said:

I think some people could put the opposite argument. They don't respect money- hence the proceeds of player sales, Wembley appearances and two championships have been frittered away with nothing to show for it.

Exactly. They are **** poor at it for a number of reasons, known and unknown.

#28 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:53 PM

Edit,they don't respect my money.

#29 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:59 PM

I don't think that is the case at all, I think its been knowingly used to support a poorly performing business.

#30 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:46 PM

View Postsophocles, on 24 October 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

No offence intended, but where have you been for the past 18 months+ ? Our owner sent out a signal that was crystal clear when he sold Cooper, then Doyle, then ....etc etc. The message clearly signalled the fact that he was investing no more money, and that he would from then onwards sell anybody that any other club would pay for. He has absolutely no interest in the team, the way we play, or even which League we play in, and is only interested in recovering whatever money he can from the situation. This will go on for as long as we have the same owner and senior executives, and it will continue irrespective of who the manager is. People arguing about the manager, team tactics, selection, substitutes etc etc are getting themselves worked up about minor details that make very little difference to the situation we are in. all any supporter can do is either give up completely on the club, or keep turning up hoping for something eventually to change at the very top. So, to answer your original question - of course we're caught in a trap, and have been for ages.

Good post, my friend.

And don't forget that the 'signal' you speak of also included Allen clearly stating an intent to sell players in interviews.

I think it's all pretty straightforward really: DA arrived with the best of intentions, invested and delivered, but then when those he appointed oversaw million-plus losses it all became an expensive pain in the ass.

Problem is it's us paying the price whilst those responsible still seem to be on the gravy train.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#31 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 24 October 2016 - 05:19 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 24 October 2016 - 04:46 PM, said:

Good post, my friend.

And don't forget that the 'signal' you speak of also included Allen clearly stating an intent to sell players in interviews.

I think it's all pretty straightforward really: DA arrived with the best of intentions, invested and delivered, but then when those he appointed oversaw million-plus losses it all became an expensive pain in the ass.

Problem is it's us paying the price whilst those responsible still seem to be on the gravy train.

Would that include DA too, driving the train fuelled by the intrest he's charging himself? Or am I mistaken? It just looks like CFC is being milked like a cash cow.

#32 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 24 October 2016 - 05:29 PM

View Postsophocles, on 24 October 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

No offence intended, but where have you been for the past 18 months+ ? Our owner sent out a signal that was crystal clear when he sold Cooper, then Doyle, then ....etc etc. The message clearly signalled the fact that he was investing no more money, and that he would from then onwards sell anybody that any other club would pay for. He has absolutely no interest in the team, the way we play, or even which League we play in, and is only interested in recovering whatever money he can from the situation. This will go on for as long as we have the same owner and senior executives, and it will continue irrespective of who the manager is. People arguing about the manager, team tactics, selection, substitutes etc etc are getting themselves worked up about minor details that make very little difference to the situation we are in. all any supporter can do is either give up completely on the club, or keep turning up hoping for something eventually to change at the very top. So, to answer your original question - of course we're caught in a trap, and have been for ages.

Good post, my friend.

End this thread now so anyone that doesn't yet get it can ingest these two posts and not get lost/ confused in anything that may follow.

View Postdanblue, on 24 October 2016 - 05:19 PM, said:

Would that include DA too, driving the train fuelled by the intrest he's charging himself? Or am I mistaken? It just looks like CFC is being milked like a cash cow.

Not being funny, but what do you think? Stick to your hunch my friend, I reckon it's a good one.
#notapennymore

#33 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 24 October 2016 - 05:40 PM

Good post, my friend.

DA not a DB but it will result in the same outcome if not worse
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#34 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 24 October 2016 - 05:44 PM

View Postfishini, on 24 October 2016 - 05:40 PM, said:

DA not a DB but it will result in the same outcome if not worse

Without question much worse as DB was only an amatuer in comparisson. Very worrying times indeed my friend.

This post has been edited by Spireite-Karl: 24 October 2016 - 05:47 PM

#notapennymore

#35 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 24 October 2016 - 05:50 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 24 October 2016 - 05:44 PM, said:

Without question much worse as DB was only an amatuer in comparisson. Very worrying times indeed my friend.

Tried to stay legal. We are well on the way to be the next Darlington. More fool us we were warned many times what he was like
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#36 User is offline   Blue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:25 PM

What I can't understand is why does Mr.Allen bother to turn up to watch the reserves and not bother to turn up to what should have been a momentous occasion in the long history of Chesterfield Football Club

#37 User is offline   Blue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:31 PM

Apparently his Chatsworth 'absence' was explained in another thread

#38 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:51 PM

Good post, my friend.

Looking at the long list of Turner's associates over the years, my conclusion is that Allen's plan from day 1 has been to tolerate him until the day dawns when he asks him to broker a sale via one of those associates. Meanwhile, his day to day job is just to maximise transfer income. He does nowt else and it's his only skill. Why else would DA tolerate such overall incompetence?

If we list the associates, I think the chance that any takeover will win universal approval is errrrr, remote.
Carson's share acquisition is not a birthday present.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#39 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:50 PM

View Postdanblue, on 24 October 2016 - 05:19 PM, said:

Well it Won't happen forward of this point
God I hate this league.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users