Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Are We Caught In A Trap? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Are We Caught In A Trap?

#1 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 24 October 2016 - 09:03 AM

Hypothetically speaking, are the club and fans stuck in a situation where the owner/chairman isn't bothered which division we play in? Is the CEO really taking a percentage of out going transfers which looks like a conflict of interest (lining their pockets while the team would suffer with star players being sold)? Is the club being milked from the interest on loans given by the owners? I really can't get my head round how you can loan yourself money and charge yourself interest- that's if how it works??

Hypothetically speaking, say we are in the bottom four come January but only in there on a small goal difference or a couple if points off getting out. Do we think the owner/CEO would sell the club's top scorer. For example.

#2 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 24 October 2016 - 09:06 AM

I definitely have a Suspicious Mind.

#3 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2016 - 09:09 AM

Hypothetically speaking, say we are in the bottom four come January but only in there on a small goal difference or a couple if points off getting out. Do we think the owner/CEO would sell the club's top scorer. For example.
[/quote]

Don't think Dennis will be going anywhere.

#4 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 24 October 2016 - 09:09 AM

Next Darlington?
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#5 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:29 AM

View Postdanblue, on 24 October 2016 - 09:03 AM, said:

Hypothetically speaking, are the club and fans stuck in a situation where the owner/chairman isn't bothered which division we play in? Is the CEO really taking a percentage of out going transfers which looks like a conflict of interest (lining their pockets while the team would suffer with star players being sold)? Is the club being milked from the interest on loans given by the owners? I really can't get my head round how you can loan yourself money and charge yourself interest- that's if how it works??

Only my opinion of course but to answer your questions yes, yes and yes.

#6 User is offline   Tyrion 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:48 AM

Hypothetically speaking, say we are in the bottom four come January
but only in there on a small goal difference or a couple if points off getting out. Do we think the owner/CEO would sell the club's top scorer. For example.

Wrong phrase to use

#7 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:04 PM

View PostTyrion, on 24 October 2016 - 10:48 AM, said:

Wrong phrase to use

Feel free to correct, but you get the point

#8 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:13 PM

No offence intended, but where have you been for the past 18 months+ ? Our owner sent out a signal that was crystal clear when he sold Cooper, then Doyle, then ....etc etc. The message clearly signalled the fact that he was investing no more money, and that he would from then onwards sell anybody that any other club would pay for. He has absolutely no interest in the team, the way we play, or even which League we play in, and is only interested in recovering whatever money he can from the situation. This will go on for as long as we have the same owner and senior executives, and it will continue irrespective of who the manager is. People arguing about the manager, team tactics, selection, substitutes etc etc are getting themselves worked up about minor details that make very little difference to the situation we are in. all any supporter can do is either give up completely on the club, or keep turning up hoping for something eventually to change at the very top. So, to answer your original question - of course we're caught in a trap, and have been for ages.

This post has been edited by sophocles: 24 October 2016 - 12:14 PM

#9 User is offline   meowdmucker 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:28 PM

View Postsophocles, on 24 October 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

No offence intended, but where have you been for the past 18 months+ ? Our owner sent out a signal that was crystal clear when he sold Cooper, then Doyle, then ....etc etc. The message clearly signalled the fact that he was investing no more money, and that he would from then onwards sell anybody that any other club would pay for. He has absolutely no interest in the team, the way we play, or even which League we play in, and is only interested in recovering whatever money he can from the situation. This will go on for as long as we have the same owner and senior executives, and it will continue irrespective of who the manager is. People arguing about the manager, team tactics, selection, substitutes etc etc are getting themselves worked up about minor details that make very little difference to the situation we are in. all any supporter can do is either give up completely on the club, or keep turning up hoping for something eventually to change at the very top. So, to answer your original question - of course we're caught in a trap, and have been for ages.

I'm afraid to say it but you are spot on with that summing up of our predicament. Most folk I speak to have more or less loss interest knowing there will be no light at the end of the tunnel with the present owner pulling the strings.

#10 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:32 PM

Can see us stopping at Heartbreak Hotel for some time to come.

#11 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:36 PM

It is the hardest thing to do but purposely not going is a hard decision one I didn't take lightly I have seen Town in very hard times and watched the club almost fold in the dark times of the past. In 47 seasons I have never questioned the board room even in the Brown era it was difficult to know what was happening until investigation took place,however I can only see a dark tunnel with no light at the end of it. Chesterfield FC is dying on its feet
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#12 User is offline   Stents 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:45 PM

Yes CT does take 5% (know this for a fact)

I'm not sure though if it is a conflict of interests? Surely it would make him try and get as much as possible for the player so his 5% equates to more?

Presumably there are other permutations in place so that just selling everyone to get his 5% isn't his best option!

#13 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:51 PM

Edit: didn't mean to post wtf

This post has been edited by Goku: 24 October 2016 - 12:51 PM

#14 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:23 PM

Its clear we now see ourselves as the next Peterborough or Crewe. Developing young players and selling them on for a decent profit. This clearly conflicts with building a solid, coherent and loyal team with a long term vision.

Our young players with potential are probably sold the line when they join 'do well for a few months and we'll have you out of here for a good fee and then everybody's happy'. This is no way to build passion for a club, and eventually when transfers don't happen results in the sulking performances that Gboly and Jayo (probably soon to be Evans) are putting in.

There are very few players at my club now that I would consider loyal and wanting to really fight for the shirt and for Chesterfield as a team and town to do well. Sam Hird is one. Tommy when fit would be another. Cant think of many more.

#15 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:26 PM

View Postbrianclose, on 24 October 2016 - 01:23 PM, said:

Its clear we now see ourselves as the next Peterborough or Crewe. Developing young players and selling them on for a decent profit. This clearly conflicts with building a solid, coherent and loyal team with a long term vision.

Our young players with potential are probably sold the line when they join 'do well for a few months and we'll have you out of here for a good fee and then everybody's happy'. This is no way to build passion for a club, and eventually when transfers don't happen results in the sulking performances that Gboly and Jayo (probably soon to be Evans) are putting in.

There are very few players at my club now that I would consider loyal and wanting to really fight for the shirt and for Chesterfield as a team and town to do well. Sam Hird is one. Tommy when fit would be another. Cant think of many more.

You have to include Evo, though I'm not sure we'll see much of him on the pitch now.

#16 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:35 PM

View PostStents, on 24 October 2016 - 12:45 PM, said:

I'm not sure though if it is a conflict of interests? Surely it would make him try and get as much as possible for the player so his 5% equates to more?

Presumably there are other permutations in place so that just selling everyone to get his 5% isn't his best option!

Whoosh

#17 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:38 PM

View PostStents, on 24 October 2016 - 12:45 PM, said:

What about this for an idea,keep our best players,move up the league,CT on a league position based bonus.

#18 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:47 PM

View PostSecurity66, on 24 October 2016 - 01:38 PM, said:

What about this for an idea,keep our best players,move up the league,CT on a league position based bonus.

Or a percentage of day to day trading profit. You know the thing he should be overseeing.
East stand second class citizen.

#19 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:51 PM

View PostSecurity66, on 24 October 2016 - 01:38 PM, said:

Cos i dont think that wouldn't make him enough cash. The risk being the team having a poor season and his bonus going up in smoke

#20 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:52 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 24 October 2016 - 01:47 PM, said:

Or a percentage of day to day trading profit. You know the thing he should be overseeing.

Or even better still sack the to hat.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users