• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dear Danny.

#1 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:58 PM

I'm old enough to remember you earning the reputation of Town legend as a player.

I've seen you in Town often enough to understand what a friendly, approachable and dignified bloke you are.

Your reputation as a manager speaks for itself, only enhanced by rescuing us last season.

And now the time has come to perform one last service on behalf of our club and the town it represents.

Please resign.

Not because I doubt your ability, not because I blame you for our current plight and certainly not because I dislike you as a person.

Resign because it would focus attention upon the people really responsible for the shambles on Sheffield Road.

Those who've overseen bewildering losses, scandal after scandal, the club's name being dragged into the gutter and only a litany of >ahem< 'contradictions' to explain it.

You don't deserve them, mate, but more than that they don't deserve the quiet, decent professionalism you embody.

100% CFC; 100% DW; 0% Turner & Co.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#2 User is online   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:03 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 22 October 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

I'm old enough to remember you earning the reputation of Town legend as a player.

I've seen you in Town often enough to understand what a friendly, approachable and dignified bloke you are.

Your reputation as a manager speaks for itself, only enhanced by rescuing us last season.

And now the time has come to perform one last service on behalf of our club and the town it represents.

Please resign.

Not because I doubt your ability, not because I blame you for our current plight and certainly not because I dislike you as a person.

Resign because it would focus attention upon the people really responsible for the shambles on Sheffield Road.

Those who've overseen bewildering losses, scandal after scandal, the club's name being dragged into the gutter and only a litany of >ahem< 'contradictions' to explain it.

You don't deserve them, mate, but more than that they don't deserve the quiet, decent professionalism you embody.

Brilliant post Chris,agree 100%,please leave now Danny and let the people responsible for this car crash of a once proud football club take the blame,SHEFFIELD MAFIA OUT NOW

This post has been edited by Security66: 22 October 2016 - 07:04 PM

#3 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:06 PM

I'd +1 ya Chris if I haven't used up my allocation.
#notapennymore

#4 User is offline   Tyrion 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:08 PM

And who do we bring in?
Whoever comes in has the same players to work with, there isn't the loan window anymore.
We are losing games as the midfield and defence isn't good enough, Wilson signed both CMs and Anderson, plus decided on playing "2 players out of position" instead of an playing international right back and failure to sign a left back in the summer.

#5 User is offline   kopblue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:09 PM

View PostSecurity66, on 22 October 2016 - 07:03 PM, said:

Brilliant post Chris,agree 100%,please leave now Danny and let the people responsible for this car crash of a once proud football club take the blame,SHEFFIELD MAFIA OUT NOW. Who takes over ? Who would want to?

#6 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:13 PM

Please resign.

Danny isn't to blame for out off field problems BUT he has to take responsibility for what is happening on the pitch. OK we have injuries to key players, a squad that lacks depth and quality, BUT he has signed some of those players that aren't good enough. Maybe they aren't good enough because he only had peanuts to play with BUT we have no shape, no pattern to out play, no leadership on the pitch, what looks like a lack of fitness and most importantly we have no fight in the team, we keep rolling over. We have no strength, pace or power and are getting out muscled by average teams like Fleetwood. Even today Scunny weren't a good side, they certainly didn't look as good as Milwall, but we never looked likely to get anything from the game. It looks like we will be well adrift come the transfer window and even if funds are made available, who in their right mind is going to want to come to a side going down?

I've given Danny the benefit of the doubt, until now, but time is running out for him and the crowd will eventually turn on him if this continues much longer, we look clueless.

#7 User is online   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:14 PM

AFC Chesterfield anyone?

#8 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2016 - 08:27 PM

View PostTyrion, on 22 October 2016 - 07:08 PM, said:

And who do we bring in?
Whoever comes in has the same players to work with, there isn't the loan window anymore.
We are losing games as the midfield and defence isn't good enough, Wilson signed both CMs and Anderson, plus decided on playing "2 players out of position" instead of an playing international right back and failure to sign a left back in the summer.

I don't think the OP is putting any blame on Danny or saying that we need a new manager in to turn it around, I think the point he is making is that Danny should step down to preserve his reputation at town and at the same time turn attention for our plight on the board who have made a right old mess of our beloved club

#9 User is offline   Exharboroughspireite 

• ExHarboroughspireite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2016 - 08:45 PM

Poor manager. Poor squad. Poor board.

#10 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:21 PM

Please resign.

Couldn't put it any better....please danny retain you're dignity and get now.
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#11 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 22 October 2016 - 10:21 PM

Danny still has to take a portion of blame and I doubt he'd disagree with that. He's just not a very good manager.

#12 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 22 October 2016 - 10:28 PM

It's only a matter of time before the crowd turn on the management.
The body language of the players is poor. No spark/spring in their step. It all going down the pan.
If I was in Wilson's shoes, I'd just do one. It's all gonna end as a massive stain on his CV if he carries on.

* I hope for his sake that Danny isn't holding out for funds from the January sale of Ched and , ahem, Gbolly. I think he'll be sorely disappointed.

#13 User is offline   brimington spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield + Everton Football Clubs Partial to a beer + rock music the louder the better

Posted 22 October 2016 - 10:36 PM

for us that remember him as a player he gave everything
but as a manager its not your making
you will always will be a spireite legend
one danny wilson theres only one danny wilson
you were one of the greatest ever to wear the blue shirt
danny think pride think sense if only it had worked out better <_<
ALWAYS SAILING STORMY WATERS

#14 User is offline   RikShaw 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2016 - 10:43 PM

Dear Danny,
I agree with the opening post, I don't want to see you dragged down by the apparent inertia at CFC.

This club is only going in one direction, at that is relegation this season and then probably ultimate obvilion aka Darlington.

I mean what club would sell its 25 goal scoring machine for peanuts in January if it was serious about reaching the Championship? Unless the CEO was comprised by a conflict of interest, ie his 5% onward sale commission? Most of us realised then, that the dye had been cast and the downward spiral commenced.

Leave with honour & dignity Danny, the fans of Chesterfield hold you no way responsible for our current plight, that rests with the shortsightedness demonstrated by those upstairs. ie if Doyle was worth £800k halfway thru the season, what would he have been worth had we made the Championship?

#15 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:07 AM

Please resign.

After 47 years of Chesterfield I have never felt more detached from the club. The senior management are about to ruin the club they don't listen and don't care. I am a shareholder bought with money I couldn't afford when our team needed it's fans. Sadly I believe we are further back now than we were then.
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#16 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:01 AM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 22 October 2016 - 07:13 PM, said:

Danny isn't to blame for out off field problems BUT he has to take responsibility for what is happening on the pitch. OK we have injuries to key players, a squad that lacks depth and quality, BUT he has signed some of those players that aren't good enough. Maybe they aren't good enough because he only had peanuts to play with BUT we have no shape, no pattern to out play, no leadership on the pitch, what looks like a lack of fitness and most importantly we have no fight in the team, we keep rolling over. We have no strength, pace or power and are getting out muscled by average teams like Fleetwood. Even today Scunny weren't a good side, they certainly didn't look as good as Milwall, but we never looked likely to get anything from the game. It looks like we will be well adrift come the transfer window and even if funds are made available, who in their right mind is going to want to come to a side going down?

I've given Danny the benefit of the doubt, until now, but time is running out for him and the crowd will eventually turn on him if this continues much longer, we look clueless.

I think a lot of you fail to grasp that you are asking developement lads to just step in and do the business, it's a simple fact of life - we have experienced players long term injured; we have experienced players not able to do the business any more; we have young Boly with the issues since the transfer window; we have youngsters in vital positions who are trying their best. Confidence is rock bottom and the manager has limited options to change things.

With the senior players back from injury things might be better - who knows.

What we all know is that the route problem is finances whereby the club has a necklace of debt the direct result of our 'football experienced CEO who is very good on the football side of things' and who has for personal gain chosen to get into bed with a very questionable set up run by an equally questionable owner. The club have failed to address the limitations of our CEO by bringing in an experienced person. This situation will continue to the next window where there is an opportunity to help the manager, I have severe misgivings that things will remain with little or no action.

You can give Danny all the advice you want but will it change anything - another Dean Saunders type will parachute in no more financial assistance and the Sheffield 3 will continue presiding over a basket case blaming everything but themselves.

MY VIEW IS DON'T RESIGN DANNY THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER KNOW YOUR WORTH, IF A BUNCH OF REACTIONARIES DON'T KNOW ANY BETTER THATS THEIR PROBLEM. IF WE WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY THAT WILL EFFECT ANYTHING AND THAT IS STAY AWAY.

BUT WHAT WILL HAPPEN THEN.

God I hate this league.

#17 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:33 AM

Please resign.

For his own good as well as ours it would be the best thing to do.

No hard feelings and no real blame attached which could well change if this drags on for months which feels likely.

Leave 'em with it Danny.

This post has been edited by Westbars Spireite: 23 October 2016 - 11:33 AM

#18 User is offline   Tips M'Gee 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:football, arty stuff, music, holidays- lots of!

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:43 AM

to use a food analogy.

Hey Danny here's 25 quid go and prepare us a feast.

We sit down at said feast.

Hey Danny this feast is crap!

But you only gave me 25 quid lads.

I know Danny, but YOU picked the ingredients.

Give him a break comrades.

Oust the Dee-dah triumvirate!
Dancers are considered mad by those who cant hear music.

#19 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:47 AM

View PostSecurity66, on 22 October 2016 - 07:14 PM, said:

AFC Chesterfield anyone?
&nbsp;Yes to me that's the only way forward as it's quite clear that the current CFC &nbsp;is being run into the ground,asset stripped and used to finance other interests

This post has been edited by Rodney's Moustache: 23 October 2016 - 11:59 AM

#20 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:50 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 23 October 2016 - 11:01 AM, said:

I think a lot of you fail to grasp that you are asking developement lads to just step in and do the business, it's a simple fact of life - we have experienced players long term injured; we have experienced players not able to do the business any more; we have young Boly with the issues since the transfer window; we have youngsters in vital positions who are trying their best. Confidence is rock bottom and the manager has limited options to change things.

With the senior players back from injury things might be better - who knows.

What we all know is that the route problem is finances whereby the club has a necklace of debt the direct result of our 'football experienced CEO who is very good on the football side of things' and who has for personal gain chosen to get into bed with a very questionable set up run by an equally questionable owner. The club have failed to address the limitations of our CEO by bringing in an experienced person. This situation will continue to the next window where there is an opportunity to help the manager, I have severe misgivings that things will remain with little or no action.

You can give Danny all the advice you want but will it change anything - another Dean Saunders type will parachute in no more financial assistance and the Sheffield 3 will continue presiding over a basket case blaming everything but themselves.

MY VIEW IS DON'T RESIGN DANNY THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER KNOW YOUR WORTH, IF A BUNCH OF REACTIONARIES DON'T KNOW ANY BETTER THATS THEIR PROBLEM. IF WE WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY THAT WILL EFFECT ANYTHING AND THAT IS STAY AWAY.

BUT WHAT WILL HAPPEN THEN.

You can't absolve him from all blame Dave. We don't have a game plan, whatever we say about those out in the pitch. We had a multi million pound striker out on the pitch yesterday but we didn't set up to create any chances for him. He isn't going to be here much longer if we can't set up to get some goals whilst he's here we are well and truly twaddled.
P.s the ageing, no pace, fat Evvo needs to be back in the side to lead the team and win some headers

Share this topic:

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users