Agm

#41 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:27 PM

View Postmoondog, on 22 October 2016 - 06:25 PM, said:

Chris Turner's programme notes today.

"Next week the accounts will be distributed and they will show a profit for the second year running.

I have been taking notes of the accounts of other clubs in our division and you can see why some are making good huge losses.

There are a lot of clubs of our size who are spending fortune trying to be successful. We have made it clear that we are trying to reduce the debt whole keeping the highest possible standards of football on the pitch.

We need to develop players that enable us to consolidate financially in this division in what are very tough economic times in football.

We have invested heavily in the first team squad which will be shown in the accounts. It is a fine balance between what you can and can't afford.

There will be a breakdown in the accounts providing shareholders with an in depth analysis on how much it costs to run a professional football club. I think people will be surprised and alarmed but also find it interesting reading"

Debt up? Less profit than last year, but around £2 million in transfers... Very alarmed.

#42 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:32 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 22 October 2016 - 06:27 PM, said:

Debt up? Less profit than last year, but around £2 million in transfers... Very alarmed.

Extremely, when it was stated at the time that 70% of sale proceeds would go on reducing the debt

#43 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:35 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 22 October 2016 - 06:27 PM, said:

We will probably be alarmed at how much is paid out in commission payments

Indeed

#44 User is online   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:37 PM

"Next week the accounts will be distributed and they will show a profit for the second year running.

I have been taking notes of the accounts of other clubs in our division and you can see why some are making good huge losses.

There are a lot of clubs of our size who are spending fortune trying to be successful. We have made it clear that we are trying to reduce the debt whole keeping the highest possible standards of football on the pitch.

We need to develop players that enable us to consolidate financially in this division in what are very tough economic times in football.

We have invested heavily in the first team squad which will be shown in the accounts. It is a fine balance between what you can and can't afford.

There will be a breakdown in the accounts providing shareholders with an in depth analysis on how much it costs to run a professional football club. I think people will be surprised and alarmed but also find it interesting reading"

Dear Chris.

We're second bottom of the league.

We've lost millions on your watch.

Our name has been dragged into the gutter thanks to your and the behaviour of those you've embraced.

Yet you've allegedly received hundreds of thousands in bonuses from player sales.

PS: I don't believe a word you or your mates Ashley and Liam say 'cos it's usually contradicted by reality.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#45 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:47 PM

Surely a commission should only be paid on profits not just all gross amounts? How do you score a gig like this?

#46 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:47 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 22 October 2016 - 06:27 PM, said:

Is this actually fact or have you just made it a statement?

I've not seen the Accounts by the way but assume you must have.

#47 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:54 PM

2 years ago

Chesterfield chief executive Chris Turner said: “The debt is far too high for this club. I think the only way we can reduce the debt is by getting into the Championship.”

“I’m immensely proud of this football club. We have a talented manager here,” added Turner.

Read more at: http://www.derbyshir...ld-fc-1-6914442

#48 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:05 PM

View Postmoondog, on 22 October 2016 - 06:32 PM, said:

Extremely, when it was stated at the time that 70% of sale proceeds would go on reducing the debt

Which was a repeat of a strategy first outlined by Dave Allen in January 2013

http://mobile.cheste...ebt-626246.aspx

#49 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:27 PM

I have been taking notes of the accounts of other clubs in our division and you can see why some are making huge losses.

There are a lot of clubs of our size who are spending a fortune trying to be successful. We have made it clear that we are trying to reduce the debt whole keeping the highest possible standards of football on the pitch.

"In 2012 we decided to embark on an unprecedented level of spending, backing a manager who recruited excellent players on very good wages.

In the meantime, we set up an extensive backroom team and created a structure to bring through young players, who'd provide the next generation of players.

Anyway, turns out we couldn't afford any of this, not even close. Despite having two of the best seasons seen in a while, we lost money faster than a stockbroker in a strip club.

But we thought - be reyt, we can always sell these players for a profit. So we did. But lo and behold, turns out the players we had left either weren't good enough or weren't yet ready to be the next generation we hoped.

With hindsight, we should have cut our cloth in a much more realistic fashion in 2012 and 2013 and we would probably have a few bob put aside now to afford luxuries like, oh I dunno, a decent midfielder.

So in summary, we screwed up. But here's our new plan. Having won the L2 championship twice in the last 6 years, we've decided that we were all much happier winning titles and as you all packed the ground in 2010 and 2013 we'll soon be enjoying full houses and wining football once again.

A foolproof plan. What could go wrong?

Love and Kisses

Chris"
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#50 User is online   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 22 October 2016 - 08:20 PM

'Chris Turner has succeeded in making some dramatic reductions'?

What? So explain the million-plus loss that followed!

And if CBC charging four percent on their loan was such a problem, exactly how are we better off with A&S Leisure taking it over at five percent?!

#51 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 22 October 2016 - 10:48 PM

I have been taking notes of the accounts of other clubs in our division and you can see why some are making huge losses.

There are a lot of clubs of our size who are spending a fortune trying to be successful. We have made it clear that we are trying to reduce the debt whole keeping the highest possible standards of football on the pitch.

Ha ha.
So, first question at the AGM. 'Chris, after you made it clear you are trying to reduce the debt, what have you actually done?'
Second question. 'Chris, who are the first team squad players who are 'investments''?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#52 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 22 October 2016 - 11:57 PM

View Postdtp, on 22 October 2016 - 06:47 PM, said:

Is this actually fact or have you just made it a statement?

I've not seen the Accounts by the way but assume you must have.

Not seen them, I've heard that we've made a profit, but it's less than last year. Since that was £86k, I'm suggesting £50K maximum.
I'm hoping that the debt has not gone up, with around £2m player sales. However we've also had a lot of people to pay off, Saunders and his lot, Ant and from what I've heard Jamie Hewitt is no longer at the club and has received redundancy.
So last year the debt was around £8.2 million, if it has been reduced to say £7 million and we've still paid all these people off and made a profit then great. If however the debt has stayed the same or increased and we've made less than £50K profit, then we really are up the creek without a paddle.

#53 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 23 October 2016 - 06:35 AM

View Postvalemadness, on 22 October 2016 - 11:57 PM, said:

Not seen them, I've heard that we've made a profit, but it's less than last year. Since that was £86k, I'm suggesting £50K maximum.
I'm hoping that the debt has not gone up, with around £2m player sales. However we've also had a lot of people to pay off, Saunders and his lot, Ant and from what I've heard Jamie Hewitt is no longer at the club and has received redundancy.
So last year the debt was around £8.2 million, if it has been reduced to say £7 million and we've still paid all these people off and made a profit then great. If however the debt has stayed the same or increased and we've made less than £50K profit, then we really are up the creek without a paddle.

To repay debt, you need to generate profit.

If our net profit figure is say £30K, the value of the balance sheet can only increase by the same amount.

Forget the actual debt figure that will be recorded in the accounts, what we're looking for is significant growth in the net worth (assets less liabilities). If there isn't a significant increase, it's about time this lot cleared off because they are not fit for purpose.

#54 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2016 - 07:06 AM

View Postvalemadness, on 22 October 2016 - 11:57 PM, said:

Not seen them, I've heard that we've made a profit, but it's less than last year. Since that was £86k, I'm suggesting £50K maximum

Jesus Christ! Please please tell me that's not true

#55 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 23 October 2016 - 07:15 AM

Publish your notes then Chris. Let's see the analysis.

'Chris'
Chris a-ah
Saviour of the Universe
Chris a-ah
He'll save every one of us

(Seemingly there is no reason for these extraordinary intergalactical upsets)
(Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha)
(What's happening Chris?)
(Only Doctor Hans Zarkhov, formerly at NASA, has provided any explanation)

Chris a-ah
He's a miracle

(This morning's unprecedented solar eclipse is no cause for alarm)

Chris a-ah
King of the impossible

He's for every one of us
Stand for every one of us
He save with a mighty hand
Every man, every woman
Every child, with a mighty
Flash

#56 User is offline   Heart of a Niven 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2016 - 07:42 AM

And like Zarkhov (Topol), someone's on the fiddle.

#57 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 23 October 2016 - 07:46 AM

View PostHeart of a Niven, on 23 October 2016 - 07:42 AM, said:

And like Zarkhov (Topol), someone's on the fiddle.

I'm just reading from Phil T's Facebook page that our Chairman didn't attend last night's Chatsworth do. Pathetic.

#58 User is online   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 23 October 2016 - 07:51 AM

We're making light of this, but upon reflection Turner's whole approach is a huge insult to Town fans' intelligence.

Does he honestly expect folk to swallow the same glib platitudes? Does he seriously think they'll accept such brushed-under-the-carpet style spin?

No doubt backed-up by an appearance on Biggs' chatty thing in the not too distant future, them both declaring what a wonderful job the Chairman and CEO are doing amidst terms such as 'had some difficult decisions to make' and 'restructuring the Club'.

#59 User is offline   Heart of a Niven 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:06 AM

View Postdim view, on 23 October 2016 - 07:46 AM, said:

I'm just reading from Phil T's Facebook page that our Chairman didn't attend last night's Chatsworth do. Pathetic.

If this is true it says a hell of a lot about where we are and where we're going.
For all those on here that still believe Dave Allen is a 'successful business man', as opposed to a spiv got lucky, then this should put those beliefs to bed.
An event that was planned many months ago and was likely to attract both club sponsors and high-end spenders would have been a nailed-on event for a chairman to attend, knowing that this iwould be an opportunity to keep a key section of the fans onside.
By failing to make an appearance, Allen has shown the absolute comtempt he has for every one of his paying customers.
This sorry saga is not going to end well.

#60 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:08 AM

View Postdim view, on 23 October 2016 - 07:46 AM, said:

Do we know the reason why?
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

Share this topic:

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users