• You cannot reply to this topic

Hodgson

#21 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:01 AM

View Posthilly81, on 20 June 2016 - 09:25 PM, said:

Should have been sacked after the Brazil debacle.

What I ask myself is if not Hodgson, Who??

International Football is no longer the pinnacle of a manager's career, it tends to be an end of career gig. Far more attention is now concentrated on Premier League and Champions League, and these seem to be where all the top coaches want to be seen.

Roy is what we've got because we aren't going to get anything radically different if he leaves.

And for people to say he's dull and risk averse, it's the first time I can recall an England manager making 6 changes in a tournament since the 3/4th place play off in 1990.
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#22 User is offline   Crack 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:31 PM

View PostValley Blues, on 20 June 2016 - 10:24 PM, said:

......two other goals to date in the tournament making him top scorer. He was poor against us but is a different class to anything we can muster.

His goal against Slovakia should have been saved just as the one against us. A half decent save was needed for either of his free kick goals.
Big headed big mouth Bale, hope he choked on his own words after losing against England.

#23 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:34 PM

View PostCrack, on 21 June 2016 - 01:31 PM, said:

His goal against Slovakia should have been saved just as the one against us. A half decent save was needed for either of his free kick goals.
Big headed big mouth Bale, hope he choked on his own words after losing against England.

I bet Bale is positively gurgling on them today.

#24 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:20 PM

Personally I think the way he hits them makes them hard to read. The one against Slovakia looked as if it was angling to the right then sort of straightened in the air. The one vs England he hit very flat and it dipped very late. Not saying a goalie at the top of his game couldn't have saved them, but I understand why Hart and the Slovak keeper didn't.

#25 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:35 PM

View Postbrianclose, on 21 June 2016 - 02:20 PM, said:

Personally I think the way he hits them makes them hard to read. The one against Slovakia looked as if it was angling to the right then sort of straightened in the air. The one vs England he hit very flat and it dipped very late. Not saying a goalie at the top of his game couldn't have saved them, but I understand why Hart and the Slovak keeper didn't.

He does get some good dip on them, not many players are capable of doing that tbf and yes it does make them hard to read.
#notapennymore

#26 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:51 PM

it was a stroke of genius by woy, if results don't go as portugal would hope they could finish 3rd and wales will be playing them, there's less chance of playing portugal with us playing the 2nd placed team........roys a thinker!!!
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#27 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 21 June 2016 - 07:40 PM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 20 June 2016 - 09:21 PM, said:

You want sacking. Second in that Group. England absolutely no cutting edge. Well done Wales the best team in the group.

Only one team undefeated in group B.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#28 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 21 June 2016 - 07:44 PM

View PostPhil V 72, on 21 June 2016 - 11:01 AM, said:

What I ask myself is if not Hodgson, Who??

International Football is no longer the pinnacle of a manager's career, it tends to be an end of career gig. Far more attention is now concentrated on Premier League and Champions League, and these seem to be where all the top coaches want to be seen.

Roy is what we've got because we aren't going to get anything radically different if he leaves.

And for people to say he's dull and risk averse, it's the first time I can recall an England manager making 6 changes in a tournament since the 3/4th place play off in 1990.

After listening to him speak on the tele I would love to see Bilic take over next. He did a fantastic job with Croatia and is doing a good job with a small Premiership club ( ;) ) aswell. Plenty of spirit about him and his enthusiasm is infectious. He'd do well with this group of players.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#29 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:11 PM

They perhaps should have been saved but they weren't. They've topped our group and scored more goals than us. Loud mouth or not, Bale would waltz into our side.

The arrogance of Woy to drop six players and whinge about us facing defensive, negative sides. How about bemoaning the fact that his millionaire pre madonnas haven't got the ability to penetrate the likes of Wales and Slovakia.

#30 User is online   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:17 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 21 June 2016 - 07:44 PM, said:

After listening to him speak on the tele I would love to see Bilic take over next. He did a fantastic job with Croatia and is doing a good job with a small Premiership club ( ;) ) aswell. Plenty of spirit about him and his enthusiasm is infectious. He'd do well with this group of players.

I'm with you on this view.

#31 User is offline   Comeonyouirons 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:West Ham United <br />Lager

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:40 PM

No !!!!!!!!!!!!!!'
THEY FLY SO HIGH , NEARLY REACH THE SKY , AND LIKE MY DREAMS THEY FADE AND DIE

#32 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:42 PM

couple of decent seasons with whu at the Olympic stadium & bilic will be ib line for any of the top club jobs that come up.

#33 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:45 PM

He's certainly a character. Something Hodgson absolutely isn't.

England's half of the draw now contains France, Spain, Italy and Germany. Great work resting those player Roy.

This post has been edited by hilly81: 21 June 2016 - 08:58 PM

#34 User is offline   Comeonyouirons 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:West Ham United <br />Lager

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:36 AM

I fully believe he has it all to win some major trophies . I would love that to be with his current club but I am not counting Chickens

Getting an international manager job so early in his career was amazing and he wasn't spooked

I would not swap him with any other manager in Europe
THEY FLY SO HIGH , NEARLY REACH THE SKY , AND LIKE MY DREAMS THEY FADE AND DIE

#35 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:47 PM

View PostComeonyouirons, on 22 June 2016 - 09:36 AM, said:

I fully believe he has it all to win some major trophies . I would love that to be with his current club but I am not counting Chickens

Getting an international manager job so early in his career was amazing and he wasn't spooked

I would not swap him with any other manager in Europe

Agreed!
Exciting times for the Hammers!
I've got a ST for next season

#36 User is offline   longeatonspireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Photography, cooking, holidays

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:55 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 24 June 2016 - 04:47 PM, said:

Agreed!
Exciting times for the Hammers!
I've got a ST for next season

Not much time to watch CFC then but I look forward to your comments on players etc
FASTER....FITTER....STRONGER

#37 User is offline   Crack 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2016 - 09:42 AM

View Postspireitetoo, on 21 June 2016 - 06:51 PM, said:

it was a stroke of genius by woy, if results don't go as portugal would hope they could finish 3rd and wales will be playing them, there's less chance of playing portugal with us playing the 2nd placed team........roys a thinker!!!

Roys a thinker. If you replace thin with wan. That would be about right.

#38 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 25 June 2016 - 07:29 PM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 20 June 2016 - 09:21 PM, said:

You want sacking. Second in that Group. England absolutely no cutting edge. Well done Wales the best team in the group.

Thas a wart Tim, a short memoried wart an all.
Cast your mind back a few games to all the drab inept games we witnessed under Capella, McClaren and the rest.

Hodgson has dispensed with the ageing set who were stopping the progress of younger players. Players who are miles more skillful and pleasing to watch.
Gone are the days of the English style where our players fell foul of every foreign ref and the problems that manifested from it.

Hodgson may not be Mike Barrett but I'm with him all the way- another 2 yr deal hopefully.
Anyway who's ya replacement.lol
God I hate this league.

#39 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 25 June 2016 - 09:43 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 25 June 2016 - 07:29 PM, said:

Thas a wart Tim, a short memoried wart an all.
Cast your mind back a few games to all the drab inept games we witnessed under Capella, McClaren and the rest.

Hodgson has dispensed with the ageing set who were stopping the progress of younger players. Players who are miles more skillful and pleasing to watch.
Gone are the days of the English style where our players fell foul of every foreign ref and the problems that manifested from it.

Hodgson may not be Mike Barrett but I'm with him all the way- another 2 yr deal hopefully.
Anyway who's ya replacement.lol

You two similar age and looks, that's why, Dave.
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#40 User is offline   Zorro 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2016 - 09:03 AM

Interesting article in today's paper saying that Hodgson does not know much about Iceland because his wife shops at M & S but he has since asked the F.A. to arrange friendlies against Tescos, Lidil & Sainsbury's for after the Euro's are over.

Z :windup
"You've never had it so good!!!"

Share this topic:

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users