Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Bury V Chesterfield - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bury V Chesterfield

#121 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:55 PM

View PostWaller is my hero, on 24 September 2016 - 03:59 PM, said:

Should never have let Nicholson go

Cringe

#122 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:39 AM

What is it with Wilko, he was hobbling last Sat in fact he admitted he was knackered. If I was Danny I'd put Dennis on 1st half on Tues with Ched if fit, and tell him if he didn't play well then Wilko will do 2nd half. As far as Gardner is concerned , leave him in dressing room, and give Gboly ' words of encouragement' .

#123 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:06 AM

Graham has been here 2 seasons now and my oppinion of him is that he is not good enough for first team football. McGuire should have been given his chance before him, at least he doesnt back off all the time,he tacklescwell and is a good reader of the game.It is about time Bolly and O,shay pulled their fingers out, both were shocing again.The away tactics from DW are poor, a lot of aimless hoofball and no tempo. Motm for me was Fulton he had a terrific game, followed by Wilko and Hird who worked their socks off. We are missing Ched,and the injury problems are worrying. Bolly wants a kick up the backside, he doesnt seem interested and his sloppy play on the wing when on the break cost us the game. Given ourcweak squad I"m worried about the next 2 games.Another big worry is the lack of noise from Town fans since rhe Oxford game, we seem anxiouscat every game and not many go to games confident of a win. A massive positive for me was the last 2 games with Fulton at last beginning to look as though he could be a good keeper in the future.
lindave

#124 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:14 AM

Mcgee says in lategoals thread we murdered em second half

This post has been edited by Spire-Power: 25 September 2016 - 08:16 AM

#125 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:31 AM

View PostSpire-Power, on 24 September 2016 - 06:40 PM, said:

I wouldn't start Mitchell ahead of ariyibi on Tuesday but it is frustrating when GA can be unplayable one game and poor the next

...That's why he's still here.

#126 User is offline   Tips M'Gee 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:football, arty stuff, music, holidays- lots of!

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:51 AM

Just having a cuppa SP and now fully sober having returned from supper and a few drinks in the Northern Quarter, and I stand by my comment that we were easily the best team second half and looked like scoring every time we went forward. We had them on the rack (despite G'Boly who didn't seem to want to upset them)and we let them off the hook. Very frustrating. O'Shea aint a wide player so I wont knock him because he's out of position, but we have a wide player on the bench?

I would never knock Danny so there must be a reason. Be we conspired to lose that one today, Bury played well for 40 minutes, but then collapsed after we equalised. I love Dennis by the way, proper honest pro.
Dancers are considered mad by those who cant hear music.

#127 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:52 AM

View PostSpire-Power, on 25 September 2016 - 08:14 AM, said:

Mcgee says in lategoals thread we murdered em second half

Arybi should have scored what could have been the winner. He ran at speed and found himself with a clear shot at goal midway between the penalty spot and six yard box with the only the 'keeper to beat. The ball was rolling and a powerful strike could have 'broken' the net.

Remarkably, he chose to pass to his left to a player with a defender in front of him. It was one of the worst decisions I have seen a player make for a long time. He knew it too, judging by his body language when the chance was wasted and the town fans, as one, let him know.

He needs to sort out his end game.

#128 User is offline   Tips M'Gee 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:football, arty stuff, music, holidays- lots of!

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:54 AM

View Postfrearsghost, on 25 September 2016 - 08:52 AM, said:

Arybi should have scored what could have been the winner. He ran at speed and found himself with a clear shot at goal midway between the penalty spot and six yard box with the only the 'keeper to beat. The ball was rolling and a powerful strike could have 'broken' the net.

Remarkably, he chose to pass to his left to a player with a defender in front of him. It was one of the worst decisions I have seen a player make for a long time. He knew it too, judging by his body language when the chance was wasted and the town fans, as one, let him know.

Agreed what on earth was he doing?????
Dancers are considered mad by those who cant hear music.

#129 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:11 AM

View PostTips M, on 25 September 2016 - 08:54 AM, said:

Agreed what on earth was he doing?????

Not seen owt yet, but surely a more apposite question is 'why have we let 2 goals in?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#130 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:20 AM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 25 September 2016 - 07:39 AM, said:

What is it with Wilko, he was hobbling last Sat in fact he admitted he was knackered. If I was Danny I'd put Dennis on 1st half on Tues with Ched if fit, and tell him if he didn't play well then Wilko will do 2nd half. As far as Gardner is concerned , leave him in dressing room, and give Gboly ' words of encouragement' .

He's been carrying an injury (Wilko) but we've got no other fit strikers so he's had to play

#131 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:55 AM

View Postfrearsghost, on 25 September 2016 - 08:52 AM, said:

Mind boggling wasn't it.
East stand second class citizen.

#132 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:59 AM

View PostSpire-Power, on 24 September 2016 - 10:28 PM, said:

Thats harsh considering he's scored 4 in 7 league games

He done ok but the point being it isn't the form of a million pound player which is the amount some people think he'll be worth at the transfer window. He certainly isn't going to add to his value sitting in the stands
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#133 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2016 - 10:04 AM

View Postvalemadness, on 25 September 2016 - 09:20 AM, said:

He's been carrying an injury (Wilko) but we've got no other fit strikers so he's had to play

Wilson said his injury turned out to be cramp

Wasn't happy with the mixed messages from the pitch. Wasn't clear if he was referring to the player or the physio
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#134 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2016 - 10:11 AM

Having overcome a very torrid 30 minutes were we could have gone 2or3 down mainly due to them targeting Graham. We them had to contend with a spell when the ref went into "homer" mode. There was 2 nailed on yellows for them (blatent foul on edge of box and a pull back) but nothing (dont have home players waking on egg shells) but then Anderson goes in for a challange ref contrives a free kick and to justify his decision he produces a yellow to detract from Andersons future game.
There was 2 occasions whereby play could/should have been halted in the build up to their first goal, Popes challange for the header and a handball, both missed.
The second half our domination grew by the minute and their peppering of Graham seemed to abate and one of the reasons for this (and here I disagree with earlier posters) I thought O'Shea was pivotal in this. We should have capitalised on our domination Ariybi having the best opportunity his awareness sadly lacking. He has the trait when on the ball of watching the ball (not knocking that) and not being aware of options. Did he get a call from Dennis?
We commented if we didn't know it was town you'd say we would go on to win it then the reality of being a town fan came home to smack us in the face when lady luck played her hand and took McGinn out of the game and resulting in the midfield being destroyed.

That's 2 trips to Greater Manchester with some good cheap ale against 2 sides no better than our depleted squad in front of very poor crowds. Crowds which if was ours people on here would be appalled with..
Daft question can we get Raglan back

This post has been edited by clarevoyant.: 25 September 2016 - 10:16 AM

Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#135 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2016 - 10:44 AM

If that's true it's the most amateurish thing I've ever heard

#136 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 25 September 2016 - 10:50 AM

Why would you want him back unless you enjoy watching ball getting smashed upfield constantly

#137 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:17 AM

View PostGoku, on 25 September 2016 - 10:50 AM, said:

Why would you want him back unless you enjoy watching ball getting smashed upfield constantly

If that's the extent of his capabilities then yes we'll not bother, however there is a theory that if you start a game with 11 fit players you give yourself more of a chance.

This post has been edited by clarevoyant.: 25 September 2016 - 11:18 AM

Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#138 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:23 AM

View Postlindave, on 25 September 2016 - 08:06 AM, said:

Bolly wants a kick up the backside, he doesnt seem interested and his sloppy play on the wing when on the break cost us the game. ....

Hmmmm. With all due respect, bollux I'm afraid. He did his defensive bit by winning possession, tried to get past the last defender at top pace, and failed because of a last ditch tackle. Great play by the full back.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#139 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:33 AM

View Postdim view, on 25 September 2016 - 11:23 AM, said:

Hmmmm. With all due respect, bollux I'm afraid. He did his defensive bit by winning possession, tried to get past the last defender at top pace, and failed because of a last ditch tackle. Great play by the full back.

Correct
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#140 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:42 AM

Well, we don't have to play 2 strikers.

Share this topic:

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users