Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Hammers V Accrington - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hammers V Accrington

#1 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:02 PM

Thoroughly enjoyed that in front of just under 40,000. Good view by the penalty area but there's a semi-circle on the east side that means the fans are some way from the touchline. You could buy tickets from £10 and Newham was flooded with flyers advertising the game arriving in letter boxes. It worked and I wonder if similar leafleting would work in the Town area.

Have to say, it could be argued that Stanley, despite playing against superior, talented players, were the best side for the first 75 minutes. After that they came under the cosh and I'm still trying to discover whether it was Boco who gave away the free-kick on the edge of the area from where a quality strike sealed a victory for the Hammers in the 97 minute.

Make no mistake, Accrington had their chances and could have won the game which is great given the idea that teams like Stanley should be playing in a league against West Ham's academy. Are you listening Football League and the FA?

Having redone West Ham's ground I'm now back up to 79 league grounds of the current crop.

This post has been edited by frearsghost: 22 September 2016 - 03:06 PM

#2 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:23 PM

Thought atmosphere was very flat last night (understandly given the terrible previous games)

Good little day out for the Accy fans though.
They deserved to win it really

#3 User is offline   Scooby Doo 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2016 - 07:07 PM

View Postfrearsghost, on 22 September 2016 - 03:02 PM, said:

Thoroughly enjoyed that in front of just under 40,000. Good view by the penalty area but there's a semi-circle on the east side that means the fans are some way from the touchline. You could buy tickets from £10 and Newham was flooded with flyers advertising the game arriving in letter boxes. It worked and I wonder if similar leafleting would work in the Town area.

Have to say, it could be argued that Stanley, despite playing against superior, talented players, were the best side for the first 75 minutes. After that they came under the cosh and I'm still trying to discover whether it was Boco who gave away the free-kick on the edge of the area from where a quality strike sealed a victory for the Hammers in the 97 minute.

Make no mistake, Accrington had their chances and could have won the game which is great given the idea that teams like Stanley should be playing in a league against West Ham's academy. Are you listening Football League and the FA?

Having redone West Ham's ground I'm now back up to 79 league grounds of the current crop.

I also went last night and totally echo what you say. I thought The Accrington players did the club and its supporters proud, and the fans were also a credit to lower league clubs.
Onwards & Upwards!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users