Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise.

#2761 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 24 September 2016 - 09:20 AM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 24 September 2016 - 07:50 AM, said:

Les, not a good idea to slag customers off.

Exactly, remember the Ratners CEO some years ago making an own goal like this a few years ago and the company then went into rapid decline
Have passport will travel

#2762 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:29 AM

View Postvalemadness, on 24 September 2016 - 09:03 AM, said:

Youth team is nothing to do with the development school or international academy .

Your banging your head against concrete M
God I hate this league.

#2763 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:41 AM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 24 September 2016 - 07:50 AM, said:

Les, not a good idea to slag customers off.

He doesn't give a flying monkey's, seeing as it's not his company any more! However the people who have taken it over might just be disappointed that due to his still perceived association with the company that they are losing customers due to his inane and ill informed ramblings!
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#2764 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:44 AM

View PostJohnnyspireite7, on 24 September 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

He doesn't give a flying monkey's, seeing as it's not his company any more! However the people who have taken it over might just be disappointed that due to his still perceived association with the company that they are losing customers due to his inane and ill informed ramblings!

He'll not lose any sleep.
God I hate this league.

#2765 User is offline   Brimington Barry 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2016 - 05:12 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 24 September 2016 - 09:20 AM, said:

Exactly, remember the Ratners CEO some years ago making an own goal like this a few years ago and the company then went into rapid decline

April 1991; the 'crap' reference.

Never forget that one; heard it in the radio coming home.

Baz
God is not obliged to keep the promises of mankind

#2766 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:18 PM

View PostJohnnyspireite7, on 24 September 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

Les still had 25% share of the company, according to the last official accounts, and I'm sure the majorly share holder, les's youngest son Scott, wouldn't be happy if he knew his dad was slagging customers off on here.

#2767 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:23 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 24 September 2016 - 10:18 PM, said:

Les still had 25% share of the company, according to the last official accounts, and I'm sure the majorly share holder, les's youngest son Scott, wouldn't be happy if he knew his dad was slagging customers off on here.

Looking at the time of his posts it's quite obvious.....hic..hic..
East stand second class citizen.

#2768 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:25 PM

Let's be honest the guy's only coming on here to wind folks up.

Just ignore him and hopefully he'll just resort to sticking his back up the boards rectum.

#2769 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:38 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 24 September 2016 - 09:20 AM, said:

It's all rubbish

#2770 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2016 - 12:49 PM

See we have dissapearing posts again!

#2771 User is offline   shaun1866 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2016 - 05:48 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 25 September 2016 - 12:49 PM, said:

Yeah why ?

#2772 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 25 September 2016 - 06:15 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 25 September 2016 - 12:49 PM, said:

On this thread? can you give details as I can't see any that have been recently removed

#2773 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2016 - 06:54 PM

I've not posted for a bit apparently I'm a keyboard warrior! I'd meet any of the board and Turnipe if I felt it would be worthwhile! So Sir Rodney Walker takes over! One question. Does anybody believe a word that comes out of Allen Carson or Turnipes mouth???? I'm not calling them liars but who believes them anymore?? Remember James Higgins!
#notapennymore

#2774 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:09 PM

View Postmoondog, on 25 September 2016 - 06:15 PM, said:

On this thread? can you give details as I can't see any that have been recently removed

For the last couple of weeks the "go to first unread post" icon on this thread has done just that, but since yesterday it's taken me to the last post constantly. I assumed this was because the thread had shrunk due to deletions?

The function still works correctly on all other threads.

#2775 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:32 AM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 25 September 2016 - 11:09 PM, said:

For the last couple of weeks the "go to first unread post" icon on this thread has done just that, but since yesterday it's taken me to the last post constantly. I assumed this was because the thread had shrunk due to deletions?

The function still works correctly on all other threads.

I can't explain that. the only post recently deleted on this thread was one of mine on 21/9/16 @ 2230 where somebody had just beaten me in providing details of Biggs tweet

#2776 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:03 AM

View Postmoondog, on 26 September 2016 - 09:32 AM, said:

I can't explain that. the only post recently deleted on this thread was one of mine on 21/9/16 @ 2230 where somebody had just beaten me in providing details of Biggs tweet

no worries

I assumed someone had succumbed to the mounting pressure on them recently and verbally exploded!

:rolleyes:

#2777 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:35 PM

Blimey - a few days away and...this!

So where do we start. Well after months of silence on the scandals surrounding PPP and dubbing Town fans 'saddos' Biggs has finally admitted it's been 'controversial' and 'troubled'. Progress, I suppose, but a bit like describing the BHS saga as 'a little problematic'.

Next I see Ashley Carson has re-emerged appearing to confirm no charge will be levelled for the indirect subsidy that use of the Club's name, brand, badge and facilities must surely represent. In what might be termed an 'it's our story and we're sticking to it' kinda response he tells us, via our friend 'Zorro', that an enterprise running at a huge loss (to correct Turners' statement) waived tens of thousands of pounds to the point of Sutcliffe joining many other staff in going unpaid - though presumably by choice in his case. Infact the figure looks to've risen from forty to sixty grand since his last comment - has the Village suddenly become the Ritz? Oh, and someone reportedly 'propping up' PPP with personal loans had no idea of FBT's interest? As 'Moondog' quite rightly points out that's contradicted by not only common sense (a supposed major investor being kept in the dark about significant developments?), but Turners' own words. Again.

Then there's 'itsc' talking of 'moving on', 'finding something else to moan about' and suggesting this thread's about debt? I guess the fact his company's name featured on the PPP website should be taken into account, meanwhile there're countless pages on here and elsewhere - the national media, for example - proving it's a long, long way from being mere 'moaning' about a few losses. I wonder if he'd be so glib if his firm were owed cash.

Les Ashmore? Fast becoming our new pantomime villain. I dunno if there was genuine deception or plain and simple stupidity behind his claims surrounding Darwikwa; yet to deny making them even when reproduced verbatim? To continue twisting and turning regardless? To resort to schoolboy standard 'It's a wind-up/I'll post what I want when I want' style taunts? It's cringeworthy, it really is, and I can only wonder what the good people of North Derbyshire would make of his attitude towards Club Taxis' customers should they be publicised in the DT...

All of which is witless waffle revolving around a central issue, though: PPP being rescued by a Far Eastern sportswear manufacturer. That's pretty much what it boils down to in my eyes. Sure they boast a Knight of the Realm on their books; but has he personally overseen this deal or is his name quoted primarily for gravitas? Could this have more to do with promoting FBT's brand than offering young men the best possible prospects? Were the group of Far Eastern visitors greeted by Sutcliffe then hosted at the Proact some months ago his new associates - raising yet more concerns over the use of CFC facilities? Indeed will we still witness him strutting the stadium with what some might dub an 'access all areas' licence? Will the CFC logo continue to be bandied for others' benefit? Will any part of the old development school business be quietly wound up? Will we ever have any real confirmation no money crossed Sheffield Road?

As has so often been the case there're more questions than answers.

Maybe this will finally draw a line under a series of self-inflicted embarrassments that've seen CFC on the wrong pages of the Press when it should've been celebrating it's landmark one hundred and fiftieth birthday. However despite the CEO recently speaking of a 'zero tolerance' policy on Sheffield Road I see not one word of apology, not one hint of contrition, not one attempt at true transparency. Meanwhile those responsible continue to occupy key positions.

Once more long suffering supporters can't be blame for being suspicious.

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 26 September 2016 - 09:20 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#2778 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:42 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 26 September 2016 - 08:35 PM, said:

Think tthat is bad.

Just wait to you spot tomorrow nights squad
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#2779 User is offline   Somerset Spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:25 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 26 September 2016 - 08:35 PM, said:

So where do we start. Well after months of silence on the scandals surrounding PPP and dubbing Town fans 'saddos' Biggs has finally admitted it's been 'controversial' and 'troubled'. Progress, I suppose, but a bit like describing the BHS saga as 'a little problematic'.

Next I see Ashley Carson has re-emerged appearing to confirm no charge will be levelled for the indirect subsidy that use of the Club's name, brand, badge and facilities must surely represent. In what might be termed an 'it's our story and we're sticking to it' kinda response he tells us, via our friend 'Zorro', that an enterprise running at a huge loss (to correct Turners' statement) waived tens of thousands of pounds to the point of Sutcliffe joining many other staff in going unpaid - though presumably by choice in his case. Infact the figure looks to've risen from forty to sixty grand since his last comment - has the Village suddenly become the Ritz? Oh, and someone reportedly 'propping up' PPP with personal loans had no idea of FBT's interest? As 'Moondog' quite rightly points out that's contradicted by not only common sense (a supposed major investor being kept in the dark about significant developments?), but Turners' own words. Again.

Then there's 'itsc' talking of 'moving on', 'finding something else to moan about' and suggesting this thread's about debt? I guess the fact his company's name featured on the PPP website should be taken into account, meanwhile there're countless pages on here and elsewhere - the national media, for example - proving it's a long, long way from being mere 'moaning' about a few losses. I wonder if he'd be so glib if his firm were owed cash.

Les Ashmore? Fast becoming our new pantomime villain. I dunno if there was genuine deception or plain and simple stupidity behind his claims surrounding Darwikwa; yet to deny making them even when reproduced verbatim? To continue twisting and turning regardless? To resort to schoolboy standard 'It's a wind-up/I'll post what I want when I want' style taunts? It's cringeworthy, it really is, and I can only wonder what the good people of North Derbyshire would make of his attitude towards Club Taxis' customers should they be publicised in the DT...

All of which is witless waffle revolving around a central issue, though: PPP being rescued by a Far Eastern sportswear manufacturer. That's pretty much what it boils down to in my eyes. Sure they boast a Knight of the Realm on their books; but has he personally overseen this deal or is his name quoted primarily for gravitas? Could this have more to do with promoting FBT's brand than offering young men the best possible prospects? Were the group of Far Eastern visitors greeted by Sutcliffe then hosted at the Proact some months ago his new associates - raising yet more concerns over the use of CFC facilities? Indeed will we still witness him strutting the stadium with what some might dub an 'access all areas' licence? Will the CFC logo continue to be bandied for others' benefit? Will any part of the old development school business be quietly wound up? Will we ever have any real confirmation no money crossed Sheffield Road?

As has so often been the case there're more questions than answers.

Maybe this will finally draw a line under a series of self-inflicted embarrassments that've seen CFC on the wrong pages of the Press when it should've been celebrating it's landmark one hundred and fiftieth birthday. However despite the CEO recently speaking of a 'zero tolerance' policy on Sheffield Road I see not one word of apology, not one hint of contrition, not one attempt at true transparency. Meanwhile those responsible continue to occupy key positions.

Once more long suffering supporters can't be blame for being suspicious.

As Basil Fawlty might say: "Otherwise okay?"

This post has been edited by Somerset Spireite: 26 September 2016 - 09:26 PM

Riding the blue & white roller-coaster since 1989

#2780 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:48 AM

View Postazul, on 26 September 2016 - 08:42 PM, said:

Think tthat is bad.

Just wait to you spot tomorrow nights squad

That will be understandable in the circumstances.

The Forsythe Saga however is a far more serious topic which is viewed as a minor issue.
God I hate this league.

Share this topic:

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users