Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Chris Turner Statement - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chris Turner Statement

#1 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:54 PM

So we started the week out with Chris Turner saying everything is rosie.

Parents have been repaid in full and blaming the scheming former members of staff for everything that's gone wrong in the DC/PPP.

Within hours an aggrieved parent categorically states no payment received.

This is quickly followed by a former scholar at the CFC Village stating that him and his parents are still owed £1,400 following the removal of English scholars at said village to accommodate foreign students.

At this stage I must point out that in my meeting with Chris Turner and Liam Sutcliffe at which Nick Johnson was also present I asked whether scholars parents were owed money following their removal ?

The answer was a definite "No" as no payments were never taken from them.

So who is telling the truth ?

We now see a contract which clearly confirms education in conjunction with Loughborough College that never took place.

Now it seems there are possibly serious issues regarding fire regulations,health and safety and the safe guarding of minors.

What the hell is coming next ?

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE SOMEWHERE.

#2 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:07 PM

Ok. So what happens next?
It's painfully obvious that the media frenzy against Chris Turner & Liam Sutcliffe is rapidly gaining momentum and the pressure is starting to get to CT because he's making statements that are being refuted almost immediately. The problem is that it doesn't look like DA or AC are going to do anything about it whilst the clubs reputation goes down the pan along with them both. I'm getting a bit sick of seeing this take over the main headlines on here, website and Derbyshire times. Can we as supporters start leaning on the club? Can we influence the board at all?
Honestly. Where do we go from here?
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#3 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:09 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 24 May 2016 - 06:54 PM, said:

Parents have been repaid in full and blaming the scheming former members of staff for everything that's gone wrong in the DC/PPP.

This is quickly followed by a former scholar at the CFC Village stating that him and his parents are still owed £1,400 following the removal of English scholars at said village to accommodate foreign students.

At this stage I must point out that in my meeting with Chris Turner and Liam Sutcliffe at which Nick Johnson was also present I asked whether scholars parents were owed money following their removal ?

We now see a contract which clearly confirms education in conjunction with Loughborough College that never took place.

Now it seems there are possibly serious issues regarding fire regulations,health and safety and the safe guarding of minors.

The truth is there for all to see mate, the DT is doing a fantastic job, sooner or later people will have to go, simple as that.

View Postmetallilad, on 24 May 2016 - 07:07 PM, said:

Ok. So what happens next?
It's painfully obvious that the media frenzy against Chris Turner & Liam Sutcliffe is rapidly gaining momentum and the pressure is starting to get to CT because he's making statements that are being refuted almost immediately. The problem is that it doesn't look like DA or AC are going to do anything about it whilst the clubs reputation goes down the pan along with them both. I'm getting a bit sick of seeing this take over the main headlines on here, website and Derbyshire times. Can we as supporters start leaning on the club? Can we influence the board at all?

It's right that it is the main headlines on here IMHO.
East stand second class citizen.

#4 User is offline   Mac's Back 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:18 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 24 May 2016 - 07:07 PM, said:

Can we influence the board at all?

Vote with your feet? It really is the only language they'll understand.
We're on our way

#5 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:19 PM

Ofsted?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#6 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:22 PM

At this stage I must point out that in my meeting with Chris Turner and Liam Sutcliffe at which Nick Johnson was also present I asked whether scholars parents were owed money following their removal?

You forgot about the link to and visit from 'Oxford Academy', an outfit we're still attempting to legitimise.

Not to mention the admission PPP is somehow 'affiliated' to CFC, something that might be of special interest to Town shareholders. As could the use of CFC 2001 Ltd notepaper for PPP contracts.

But the main question I'd like an answer to is exactly where an enterprise upwards of seventy grand in debt according to it's last accounts is suddenly finding funds to repay parents and staff?

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 24 May 2016 - 07:25 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#7 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:26 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 24 May 2016 - 07:22 PM, said:

You forgot about the link to and visit from 'Oxford Academy', an outfit we're still attempting to legitimise.

Not to mention the admission PPP is somehow 'affiliated' to CFC. Something that might be of special interest to Town shareholders, as could the use of CFC 2001 Ltd notepaper for PPP contracts.

But the main question I'd like an answer to is exactly where an enterprise upwards of seventy grand in debt according to it's last accounts is suddenly finding funds to repay parents and staff?

Just one of so many unanswered questions I'm afraid.

No doubt some much more to be revealed.

#8 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:45 PM

View PostMac, on 24 May 2016 - 07:18 PM, said:

Vote with your feet? It really is the only language they'll understand.

My feet have already been paid for. I renewed.
I would never turn my back on the club because of Chris Turner's business dealings anyway.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#9 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:54 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 24 May 2016 - 07:26 PM, said:

Just one of so many unanswered questions I'm afraid.

No doubt some much more to be revealed.

I think the very least the DT could do is to give Turner & Sutcliffe the opportunity to detail the synergies that exist between both businesses and the savings that CFC have made as a result of working closely with the DC.

#10 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:56 PM

I think somebody should research the mechanism that permits shareholders to submit a proposal as an agenda item at the AGM.

#11 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:58 PM

View Postdim view, on 24 May 2016 - 07:56 PM, said:

I think somebody should research the mechanism that permits shareholders to submit a proposal as an agenda item at the AGM.

Turner needs fencing in at the AGM with direct questions that need yes or no answers. And we need to keep asking regardless of the response from the top table.

#12 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:19 PM

There's a simple solution to all this: shareholders vote to reveal the full, unabridged accounts.

At that point we could examine what kind of relationship exists between the Club and PPP in greater detail.

I've spoken to a number of shareholders prepared to support such a move and I'm convinced many more will join them.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#13 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:23 PM

Not to mention the admission PPP is somehow 'affiliated' to CFC, something that might be of special interest to Town shareholders. As could the use of CFC 2001 Ltd notepaper for PPP contracts.

This financial years income.?
God I hate this league.

#14 User is offline   Nitrous Oxide 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:51 PM

The Oxford Academy is on telly right now, the Hairy Bikers are there. It's a bog standard school, with a few kids being mentored by a few old folks.

#15 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:00 PM

I'm getting really confused now. First we are told the business across the road is nothing to do with CFC then it is associated then it's not, lots of evidence to show there are links. This needs clarifying and sorting asap
I'm hearing of all sorts of allegations and rumours now such as
Misuse of funds
Collected cash disappearing
Fraud
Houses paid for by one company and charged to another at an increased price

I hope none of these are true
Have passport will travel

#16 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:06 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 24 May 2016 - 08:19 PM, said:

There's a simple solution to all this: shareholders vote to reveal the full, unabridged accounts.

At that point we could examine what kind of relationship exists between the Club and PPP in greater detail.

I've spoken to a number of shareholders prepared to support such a move and I'm convinced many more will join them.

Isn't a motion of no confidence simpler? Assuming the Company Secretary allows it on the agenda, and even though the Chair will vote against it, a proposer and a seconder will still have had their say. Given current and previous evidence, I'm asking myself 'what is the probability of CFC being run properly, as it was under Barrie and Alan?'

Even if the Chair voted for the accounts to be released, not only would they not be available until the Autumn of 2017, but also previous years' accounts would have to be part of the deal so that trends can be assessed.

#17 User is offline   Freddie 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:32 PM

Isn't it the case that the Chairman is by far the majority shareholder so no matter how many individual shareholders vote for any motion, unless it is also supported by the Chairman then it will not be carried?

#18 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:36 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 24 May 2016 - 08:19 PM, said:

I'll support it as well...I'm looking forward to the AGM .

View PostBenno Spire, on 24 May 2016 - 09:00 PM, said:

I'm getting really confused now. First we are told the business across the road is nothing to do with CFC then it is associated then it's not, lots of evidence to show there are links. This needs clarifying and sorting asap
I'm hearing of all sorts of allegations and rumours now such as
Misuse of funds
Collected cash disappearing
Fraud
Houses paid for by one company and charged to another at an increased price

I hope none of these are true

I hope they are and that certain individuals face criminal investigations over it, if true of course!

#19 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:21 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 24 May 2016 - 09:36 PM, said:

I'll support it as well...I'm looking forward to the AGM .

I hope they are and that certain individuals face criminal investigations over it, if true of course!

Obviously meant to type "hope they arnt"

#20 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:46 AM

If an enterprise is 70k in debt according to accounts ( has this been seen or is it rumour ) and parents have been repaid, then clearly the funds will have come from somewhere.
Does this mean the director has access to some unknown fund. It is easy to assume that this has come from cfc, but it may not have. Until the financial implications are explained we are all left guessing, but the director may take the view
'it's nothing to do with you'.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users