Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Glass Half Full Or Half Empty - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Glass Half Full Or Half Empty

#1 User is offline   KevoBMMD 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:09 PM

In July we were all giving our predictions or Hopes for the coming season and unless I'm wrong we all basically said we would be happy with Consolidation but a few were predicting disaster again.

Following an impressive start and an equally impressive show of quality football, when even defeats felt good and some even thought we could challange for promotion.

Sitting back and looking at the style of play contrasted with the smaller squad are we in for more surprises or is consolidation all we can hope for.

Will the Red Cards, Bookings and injuries take their toll or will we string a few games together and surprise even the die hards that CFC mean business.

For me I've always supported CFC with my heart and hoped we would always do well, only to be disapointed by reality far too often.

Going in to Christmas in the position we are in is only confirmation that we can hold our own against the favourites and the big boys and that we are not too far off the pace and maybe with a little bit of luck we could not only consolidate our position in League One.

Is this written following a good result and too much Christmas Spirit or maybe, just maybe there is a small possibility we can build our dreams.......

#2 User is offline   Nitrous Oxide 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:54 PM

A lot depends upon if we strengthen or weaken the side in the transfer window. Pocket the cash and do nothing with it in the hope we can survive would be a little bit too dangerous for my liking. PC knows what he's doing it all depends if he's allowed to do it or not. A crucial 5 months ahead of us in my opinion. Get it wrong again and we're in a mess, get it right and who knows where we could go.

#3 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:44 PM

View PostNitrous Oxide, on 20 December 2014 - 06:54 PM, said:

A lot depends upon if we strengthen or weaken the side in the transfer window. Pocket the cash and do nothing with it in the hope we can survive would be a little bit too dangerous for my liking. PC knows what he's doing it all depends if he's allowed to do it or not. A crucial 5 months ahead of us in my opinion. Get it wrong again and we're in a mess, get it right and who knows where we could go.

Sevens wins and a draw from 25 games should be doable even if we cash in on a few players

#4 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:45 PM

View PostNitrous Oxide, on 20 December 2014 - 06:54 PM, said:

Next few games might decide it. Six points from the next two and a win at MK would probably put us within a shout of the play-offs, and a possible cup run, which might tempt DA to loosen the purse strings.
No points and a loss at MK and we'd probably be looking at digging in for mid-table consolidation.
Either way, I don't see any future in selling our best players if we can avoid it.

#5 User is offline   Nitrous Oxide 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:14 PM

Pushing for the play-offs would mean him digging deeper than ever into his pockets, the question then would be could he afford it or would it be too soon. Consolidation has to be the target for this year after the so called losses we made last season etc. guess we'll find out soon enough what kind of second half to the season we're going to get.

#6 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:43 PM

View PostKevoBMMD, on 20 December 2014 - 06:09 PM, said:

In July we were all giving our predictions or Hopes for the coming season and unless I'm wrong we all basically said we would be happy with Consolidation but a few were predicting disaster again.

Following an impressive start and an equally impressive show of quality football, when even defeats felt good and some even thought we could challange for promotion.

Sitting back and looking at the style of play contrasted with the smaller squad are we in for more surprises or is consolidation all we can hope for.

Will the Red Cards, Bookings and injuries take their toll or will we string a few games together and surprise even the die hards that CFC mean business.

For me I've always supported CFC with my heart and hoped we would always do well, only to be disapointed by reality far too often.

Going in to Christmas in the position we are in is only confirmation that we can hold our own against the favourites and the big boys and that we are not too far off the pace and maybe with a little bit of luck we could not only consolidate our position in League One.

Is this written following a good result and too much Christmas Spirit or maybe, just maybe there is a small possibility we can build our dreams.......

This season the club said it was about consolidation. I expect at least one sale in January and then it will depend who else goes in the summer and how we use the money to strengthen. I think Morsy would be the hardest to replace as even when he isn't having his best game he's always involved and bringing something to the match. Rarely is he not influential in the match

#7 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:02 PM

View PostKevoBMMD, on 20 December 2014 - 06:09 PM, said:

neither - just a glass with some ale in it - were OK. Nothing special, but not rubbish either
A new hope.

#8 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:06 PM

View PostNitrous Oxide, on 20 December 2014 - 08:14 PM, said:

Pushing for the play-offs would mean him digging deeper than ever into his pockets, the question then would be could he afford it or would it be too soon. Consolidation has to be the target for this year after the so called losses we made last season etc. guess we'll find out soon enough what kind of second half to the season we're going to get.

'So called losses' ??? What do you mean? Do you mean the actual loss recorded at Companies House?
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#9 User is offline   Nitrous Oxide 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:47 PM

View Postjonnythespireite, on 20 December 2014 - 09:06 PM, said:

'So called losses' ??? What do you mean? Do you mean the actual loss recorded at Companies House?

I'll remember to be careful how I word things in future, would like to offend any resident pedants.

#10 User is offline   Nitrous Oxide 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:50 PM

View PostNitrous Oxide, on 21 December 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

I'll remember to be careful how I word things in future, wouldn't ike to offend any resident pedants.

Edited.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users