Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: The Politics Of Handling Seb - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Politics Of Handling Seb

#1 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:28 PM

Will our DOF gently pressurise GC to pick and play SEB for at least 45 minutes on Saturday? I think he will. The outcome could be immensely rewarding.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#2 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:31 PM

No.
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#3 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:35 PM

View Postdim view, on 18 January 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

Will our DOF gently pressurise GC to pick and play SEB for at least 45 minutes on Saturday? I think he will. The outcome could be immensely rewarding.

The players will have been given a clean slate by the new manager so surely it is up to SEB to impress
him and be picked on merit?

#4 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:35 PM

I don't want CT making any type of football decisions tbh (though I know that's his 'new role'. I'd be happy for SEB to play though. I have some probably forlorn hope that him and Ched would work up top together.

#5 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:01 PM

If Caldwell was watching the same game as me at Matlock them SEB will at the very least be in the squad.

#6 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:05 PM

I'd have him cleaning boots.

At best a benchwarmer. Even Shrewsbury don't want him. Evans, Dennis and Simons all get the nod ahead of him in my opinion.

#7 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:17 PM

I think he'll be very badly advised to pressurise GC at all. Over anything.

#8 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:18 PM

View Postboot, on 18 January 2017 - 07:01 PM, said:

If Caldwell was watching the same game as me at Matlock them SEB will at the very least be in the squad.

Agreed, he scored a good goal and had a couple of decent chances, but seemed to be moaning at the youngsters around him when they made a mistake. For me unless he displays a true hunger to play in the Blue shirt, then the sooner he goes the better.
lindave

#9 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:23 PM

View Postlindave, on 18 January 2017 - 07:18 PM, said:

Agreed, he scored a good goal and had a couple of decent chances, but seemed to be moaning at the youngsters around him when they made a mistake. For me unless he displays a true hunger to play in the Blue shirt, then the sooner he goes the better.

here here dave utter garbage , is he still taking a week to get up when on floor , GET SHUT ,AS BED AS JASON LEE , GARBAGE UTTER GARBAGE

#10 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:29 PM

View PostGoku, on 18 January 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

I don't want CT making any type of football decisions tbh (though I know that's his 'new role'. I'd be happy for SEB to play though. I have some probably forlorn hope that him and Ched would work up top together.

If seb can up his work rate a partnership between him and ched, would surely have teams bricking it, the experience and movement in and around the box would be good to see, ....
But will we?? I doubt it tbh
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#11 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 18 January 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

I'd have him cleaning boots.

At best a benchwarmer. Even Shrewsbury don't want him. Evans, Dennis and Simons all get the nod ahead of him in my opinion.

Evans and Dennis will start with SEB and Simons on the bench I think. SEB ahead of Simons to come off the bench if Matlock anything to go by
- in my opinion. We will see what Caldwell thinks come Saturday. SEB has been a player and sometimes still shows why despite being a massive disappointment. Simons is a young player who has never improved - not a good sign. Can Caldwell get more out of either or both ?

#12 User is offline   newbold ken 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:32 PM

His 10 goals last season contributed to our staying up , if he's come back fitter give him a chance , we've hardly been prolific up front., can he do any worse ?

#13 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:33 PM

From listening to the interviews i think it's clear that the intention is to start the same 11 this Saturday (if possible) and take it from there.

This post has been edited by Spire-Heights: 18 January 2017 - 07:33 PM

Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#14 User is offline   Crack 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:35 PM

Rewarding ?
More likely to see people heading for the exit.
Doesn't deserve another chance.

#15 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:36 PM

Dennis deserve first dibs on any availability up front. He's actually been here, grafted hard in a bad team and earned his opportunity. Ebanks-Blake has shown nothing, not even struggling Shrewsbury deemed him worthy of a place in the first team, and sometimes not even the bench, that's shows a lot about his attitude to improve. To magically expect him to just become good again at the flick of a finger is naive.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#16 User is offline   renton laidlaw 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:38 PM

[quote name='boot' timestamp='1484766112' post='1272336']
[/quo

Not for me. Remember who we where playing. No disrespect to Matlock. He looked average in a team who where trying to impress the new manager. But for me all the ones who have played for the first team all bottled it last night. Simmons trying to dribble past everyone then no end product. Mitchell? nothing there where others too

Too sum up a workmate fancied coming last night and at half time he said "towns playing well and ebanks ain't fat like you said " however he later said he thought we where playing in blue. On another point Matlock have descent side.

#17 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:55 PM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 18 January 2017 - 07:23 PM, said:

here here dave utter garbage , is he still taking a week to get up when on floor , GET SHUT ,AS BED AS JASON LEE , GARBAGE UTTER GARBAGE

I don't think you are hot on forward planning Warfey.
Playing him maximises our chances of getting rid. I'm saying that's what CT might be thinking.

This post has been edited by dim view: 18 January 2017 - 07:56 PM

Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#18 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:59 PM

If Caldwell was watching the same game

Not for me. Remember who we where playing. No disrespect to Matlock. He looked average in a team who where trying to impress the new manager. But for me all the ones who have played for the first team all bottled it last night. Simmons trying to dribble past everyone then no end product. Mitchell? nothing there where others too

Too sum up a workmate fancied coming last night and at half time he said "towns playing well and ebanks ain't fat like you said " however he later said he thought we where playing in blue. On another point Matlock have descent side.
[/quote]
Going down?

This post has been edited by Spire-Power: 18 January 2017 - 07:58 PM

#19 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:01 PM

[quote name='renton laidlaw' timestamp='1484768313' post='1272356']
[quote name='boot' timestamp='1484766112' post='1272336']
[/quo

The cupboard is bare mate. SEB wasn't brilliant but he looked better and had more idea than the other attacking players. Mitchell, Beasley and Simons. We'll see what Caldwell thinks, but if he wasn't fully aware of the task he has then last night will have opened his eyes.

#20 User is offline   Tyrion 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:06 PM

SEB on the bench puts more effort in than Simons

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic