• You cannot reply to this topic

Yeovil Match

#1 User is offline   Pride of the North 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:55 PM

Same team?

Think Roberts is still out but Gardner or Gboly on the left?
JOHN SHERIDAN'S BARMY ARMY

#2 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:55 PM

Gardner has to start to try and build on his first twenty. A really exciting player
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#3 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:02 PM

View Postlindo-spireite, on 30 October 2014 - 09:55 PM, said:

Gardner has to start to try and build on his first twenty. A really exciting player

I'd love to see Gardner and Banks firing on all cylinders again.
lindave

#4 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:18 PM

True. But the worrying thing in that statement is that a game lasts about 98 minutes or more, so that's just another 78 to go. Frightening how he expired so early.

#5 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:25 AM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 30 October 2014 - 10:18 PM, said:

True. But the worrying thing in that statement is that a game lasts about 98 minutes or more, so that's just another 78 to go. Frightening how he expired so early.

He was out for a while, and hasn't played 90 minutes since returning, I'm gona say he'll be one of our key players sooner rather than later.

As for banks, I still doubt he'll make the step up.

#6 User is offline   BLUE SINCE 62 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:29 AM

For me it has to be Boco to start, lets keep it tight and not let any early goals in.
Gobern to CB maybe and put Ryan / Morsey back in the middle, Johnson in the hole.

#7 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:40 AM

View PostBLUE SINCE 62, on 31 October 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:

For me it has to be Boco to start, lets keep it tight and not let any early goals in.
Gobern to CB maybe and put Ryan / Morsey back in the middle, Johnson in the hole.

gobern to cb could be a good move, give evo a rest and get morsy and ryan back together to boss the midfield it also gives the option of johnson sitting in behind doyle, or if pc does'nt want to use him banks in there, now that could work?
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#8 User is offline   BodieUK 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:03 AM

Lee

Darikwa Raglan Margrietter Jones

Ryan Morsy

O'Shea Johnson Clucas

Doyle

Gardner has been making decent impact as a sub - lets make the most of his brilliant short bursts in performance. Regardless of it being Johnno's last game, he MUST start.

As for Banks, I feel he has it in him to make the step up. Was unstoppable last season up to his injury in the JPT - he'll need a run in the side when Johnno's gone to regain his goalscoring touch
Twitter: Bodie0402

#9 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:04 AM

View Postspireitetoo, on 31 October 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

gobern to cb could be a good move, give evo a rest and get morsy and ryan back together to boss the midfield it also gives the option of johnson sitting in behind doyle, or if pc does'nt want to use him banks in there, now that could work?

Morsy and Ryan together is a must, as for gobern I don't get why we are trying to find him a place in the side, he hasn't been very good in his preferred position. So I don't see why he will be any better at centre half. Unless of course he becomes a modern day Ian evatt and comes here as a midfielder, isn't mobile enough and comes good in defence.
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#10 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:14 AM

View Postfiredodger, on 31 October 2014 - 09:04 AM, said:

Morsy and Ryan together is a must, as for gobern I don't get why we are trying to find him a place in the side, he hasn't been very good in his preferred position. So I don't see why he will be any better at centre half. Unless of course he becomes a modern day Ian evatt and comes here as a midfielder, isn't mobile enough and comes good in defence.

Problem is evo seems to becoming a liability he drops off the back four trying to play the offside but is to slow to do so, he keeps rushing into challenges and gets turned easily and then has not got the pace to recover....I'm not saying he's finished but for me he's not a shoe in on the team sheet....gobern looked good at closing down and won most the challenges he went in for then just laid the ball off nice and easy without giving it away....plus has a little more height about him.
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#11 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:26 AM

View Postspireitetoo, on 31 October 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

gobern to cb could be a good move, [b]give evo a rest [/b]and get morsy and ryan back together to boss the midfield it also gives the option of johnson sitting in behind doyle, or if pc does'nt want to use him banks in there, now that could work?

Suspended anyway isnt he ?
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#12 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:30 AM

View Postspireitetoo, on 31 October 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

Problem is evo seems to becoming a liability he drops off the back four trying to play the offside but is to slow to do so, he keeps rushing into challenges and gets turned easily and then has not got the pace to recover....I'm not saying he's finished but for me he's not a shoe in on the team sheet....gobern looked good at closing down and won most the challenges he went in for then just laid the ball off nice and easy without giving it away....plus has a little more height about him.

Not sure I see any of that mate, to me gobern just looked too big and slow (and a touch lazy) to be effective in his position on tuesday, height wise is be surprised if gobern is taller than evatt, and amazed if he's better at heading.
Evatt hasn't been in good form but let's not forget defending starts much further up the field and a lot of the time our defence is trying to mop up crappy positions that our strikers and midfield have failed to prevent. Case in point on Tuesday night evatt dived in and gave away the free kick for their first goal, however he was trying to stop a bloke who had just waltzed straight down the middle of the pitch, straight through our midfield, gobern included.
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#13 User is online   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:50 AM

Clucas has to stay on the left. Boco on the right, no swapping positions for the sake of it. Johnson Central.if we need to make a change the Banks Gardner can come on either HT or 60 mins.
A new hope.

#14 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:57 AM

Centre half worries me Raglan and Pizza doesnt fill me with confidence Think Cook will sit Gobern in defensive midfield . So I cant see him playing Morsy and Ryan together.
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#15 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:12 AM

That centre half pairing is a worry but we should just accept that is it and get back to basics

Morsy and Ryan where they are best and Johnson in the free role. I would probably opt for Boco on the right before Gardner or O''Shea but I don't think PC will

Possession of the ball is our best form of defence
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#16 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:54 PM

View Postfiredodger, on 31 October 2014 - 09:30 AM, said:

Not sure I see any of that mate, to me gobern just looked too big and slow (and a touch lazy) to be effective in his position on tuesday, height wise is be surprised if gobern is taller than evatt, and amazed if he's better at heading.
Evatt hasn't been in good form but let's not forget defending starts much further up the field and a lot of the time our defence is trying to mop up crappy positions that our strikers and midfield have failed to prevent. Case in point on Tuesday night evatt dived in and gave away the free kick for their first goal, however he was trying to stop a bloke who had just waltzed straight down the middle of the pitch, straight through our midfield, gobern included.

Spot on with the point their lad had just had a 40 yard unchallenged run through our five man midfield before the challenge just outside the box. For me, the worrying thing was that the same player had done exactly the same thing only a couple of minutes earlier which also resulted in a free kick in as similar postion. Contrary to the popular opinion around where I was sat, I didn't think the ref got it wrong and was conned by dives, both were fouls and we got what we deserved.

#17 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:58 PM

Is it me or has Gardner bulked up quite a bit this season?

#18 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:12 PM

Given our lack of attack from midfield on Tuesday, and give some of PC's "head-scratchers" recently, wouldn't surprise me to see Ryan or Morsy dropped and Banks installed in that Johnson role behind Doyle. If you had to drop one of those two, on current form, it would be Ryan for me.

Gobern will be given the role or protecting Raglan.

Edit: Is Raglan right footed? Maybe Gobern to CB and Raglan to RB? pushing TD to RM?

Either way, I can't see how he can accommodate Ryan and Morsy.

This post has been edited by Sammy Spireite: 31 October 2014 - 01:14 PM

#19 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:14 PM

IMO morsy hasn't been his usual brilliant self, probably more down to the team not performing how they can though.

This post has been edited by lindo-spireite: 31 October 2014 - 01:15 PM

#20 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:14 PM

View Postdjs, on 31 October 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:

Is it me or has Gardner bulked up quite a bit this season?

Gardner hasn't, I can't speak for you though...

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users