Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Tactics Completely Wrong... - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tactics Completely Wrong...

#41 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:49 PM

View Postbonnyman, on 29 October 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

Explain you have lost me?

Cooper in his prematch interview knew we had set up defensively at Walsall but he expected us to revert to our normal 442 system at home

Shows how well he did his research

I was quite optimistic when I heard this but I suppose the only thing he need to know was that we had carthorses in defence
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#42 User is offline   kh83 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:56 PM

View PostExharboroughspireite, on 28 October 2014 - 10:02 PM, said:

Thanks for putting this, I've just stuck something similar on the other thread. Awful tactics from cook in terms of leaving both full backs with no cover. I'm worried about his lack of plan b, his failure to get hold of a decent right back and leaving us with only one striker. We look like a side of league two players trying to hack it. As for whoever is supposedly training the back four they need to be sacked in the morning.

what worries me is his decision making. Why has he felt the need to go to plan b, when, although conceding goals, we were 6th in the league! If were 6th bottom, i could understand it
We 8 Mansfield oh we 8 Mansfield!!

#43 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:06 PM

View Postazul, on 29 October 2014 - 12:49 PM, said:

Cooper in his prematch interview knew we had set up defensively at Walsall but he expected us to revert to our normal 442 system at home

I was quite optimistic when I heard this but I suppose the only thing he need to know was that we had carthorses in defence

Unless he was kidding of course we would have been better off in hindsight it may have stopped their no 3 pitching his tent up in that great big gaping campsite that was between our left back and gardner/ Clucas.
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#44 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:15 PM

View Postbonnyman, on 29 October 2014 - 01:06 PM, said:

Unless he was kidding of course we would have been better off in hindsight it may have stopped their no 3 pitching his tent up in that great big gaping campsite that was between our left back and gardner/ Clucas.

Noticed on the extended highlights how easy number 3 drifted through Morsy/Gobern combo a few times before reaching the carthorses in CD. It wasn't just about the flanks, he had plenty of runs right through the heart of midfield

#45 User is offline   fatfrank 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:18 PM

View Postbucko, on 29 October 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

We can afford a loan midfielder when we've got plenty, so why not use that wage on a striker on loan

Because a decent striker would be three times the wage of an average midfielder.

#46 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:20 PM

View Postkh83, on 29 October 2014 - 12:56 PM, said:

what worries me is his decision making. Why has he felt the need to go to plan b, when, although conceding goals, we were 6th in the league! If were 6th bottom, i could understand it

I don't go away but against Oldham when we were in the ascendency he changed our shape yet last night when we were getting out thought he just changed the personal it's pretty hard to get 2 decisions so badly wrong football is unpredictable and j think Cooky needs to perhaps take a step back watch the match from a different angle and see it better perhaps his view standing infront of his technical area blurs his vision of the wider picture and he fails to see the shape of the opposition, you cannot fault his enthusiasm and passion but maybe he needs to think he has a capable no2 who can do that and he can watch from further up.I know in my line of work the best gaffers are the ones who stand back the closer they get the less they see.

#47 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:25 PM

View Postbonnyman, on 29 October 2014 - 01:20 PM, said:

I don't go away but against Oldham when we were in the ascendency he changed our shape yet last night when we were getting out thought he just changed the personal it's pretty hard to get 2 decisions so badly wrong football is unpredictable and j think Cooky needs to perhaps take a step back watch the match from a different angle and see it better perhaps his view standing infront of his technical area blurs his vision of the wider picture and he fails to see the shape of the opposition, you cannot fault his enthusiasm and passion but maybe he needs to think he has a capable no2 who can do that and he can watch from further up.I know in my line of work the best gaffers are the ones who stand back the closer they get the less they see.

That was mainly to bring on your mate Armand and he wasn't available last night

I daresay he thinks he can't change the shape given his available forward options

This post has been edited by azul: 29 October 2014 - 01:25 PM

#48 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:23 PM

View Postspireitecraig, on 28 October 2014 - 10:58 PM, said:

Gboly did well when he came on and he can put a ball in.

All we need is someone capable of getting on the end of them someone like Ernie at the far post would have had a chance of at least 3 goals in the second half

#49 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:32 PM

[quote name='bonnyman' timestamp='1414588835' post='1051255']

One of the first principles of management.

Duncan , like him or not, used to sit in the stand. Before anybody says it - yes, I know he was only checking if we 'd got 10 behind the ball.

#50 User is offline   Denny 

• First Team Player
  • Group: Admin

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:54 PM

View Postazul, on 29 October 2014 - 12:49 PM, said:

Defensively we have been using 4-4-1-1 for a while, it turns into 4-2-3-1 when we break, but we have been set up in banks of 4. close enough for 4-4-2 for me.

That said, we didn't last night, i was 4-2-3-1 going forwards and back.
I thought with Doyle and 2 Attacking midfielders pressing their defenders it could play into our hands, but as soon as the ball got past our front 4 to their midfield we were getting run over left right and centre.

I do remember us playing with a sweeper for a month or two many years ago with paul holland at sweeper. That worked well for a bit, until teams figured out to play 2 wingers and to push the full backs on and completely overload the full backs. we canned the idea fairly quickly after that. If we have shoved Gboly on earlier to occupy their number 3, we might have stood a chance.

#51 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:16 PM

View PostDenny, on 29 October 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

If we have shoved Gboly on earlier to occupy their number 3, we might have stood a chance.

The lad did enough in my opinion to have earned himself a permanent place in our 17 man squad. He gives us a summat different. All this theory about tactics is bollox in my opinion. At the end of the day, their goalie made a breathtaking save to keep it at nil nil. Our's didn't. Then we have to push on for an equaliser....then it opens up. Enough said.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#52 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:35 PM

View Postdim view, on 29 October 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

The lad did enough in my opinion to have earned himself a permanent place in our 17 man squad. He gives us a summat different. All this theory about tactics is bollox in my opinion. At the end of the day, their goalie made a breathtaking save to keep it at nil nil. Our's didn't. Then we have to push on for an equaliser....then it opens up. Enough said.

yeah them tactic thingies are for idiots innit who needs them it's not like people study them over the course of their lives to, y'know, try and win football matches. tactics, ha, what a ridiculous concept.

they tore us a new rectum. we actually have a new physical gaping wound. it's right down the middle of us where our three f****** centre mids and two centre halves were meant to be

#53 User is offline   newbold ken 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:42 PM

True , as they say goals change games . I don't think having 3 players on bookings quite early in the game thanks to that stupid ref did us any favours either .

#54 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:41 PM

someone mentioned Tuesday that the current run was very much De Ja Vu from last season, and he was right,

One win in 8 during late sept/oct/early nov (at mansield in JPT).

Is it simply PC tinkering too much once we have a bad result, and not trusting his tried and tested formation & tactics?

Certainly last season, once we reverted to type, the results started getting better again.

#55 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:59 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 30 October 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

someone mentioned Tuesday that the current run was very much De Ja Vu from last season, and he was right,

One win in 8 during late sept/oct/early nov (at mansield in JPT).

Is it simply PC tinkering too much once we have a bad result, and not trusting his tried and tested formation & tactics?

Certainly last season, once we reverted to type, the results started getting better again.

Not quite like last season. It's three years since we last lost three games in a row.

#56 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:46 AM

Just read this...lol..tactics are bollux , so you don't think strategy ever comes into sport?..does the team with the best players always win?

#57 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:48 AM

View Postbonnyman, on 31 October 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

Just read this...lol..tactics are bollux , so you don't think strategy ever comes into sport?..does the team with the best players always win?

Sounds like Paul Cook....

#58 User is offline   Exharboroughspireite 

• ExHarboroughspireite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:34 PM

Ah yes the bollox theory that is tactics! Go on boys, run around whenever and wherever you want! Rush goalies! Next goals the winner! Play until it gets dark!

#59 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:27 PM

View Postbonnyman, on 31 October 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

Not all tactics are bollux, but yours are.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#60 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 31 October 2014 - 02:22 PM

View Postdim view, on 31 October 2014 - 01:27 PM, said:

Not all tactics are bollux, but yours are.

No you said tactics were bollux
..like I thought a total inability to think outside the box...leave this board to the younger members old bean your my bitch now ..lol

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users