Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Tactics Completely Wrong... - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tactics Completely Wrong...

#1 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:59 PM

After their first goal cook must have realised that our system was never going to get anything out of possesion Swindon went compact and formed a square so we just went wide this ended up with Swindon saying thank you very much you keep going out there and we will let our 3 centre halves soak it up.On the attack their no 3 must have been singing bring me sunshine he slotted into the biggest gap ever between Gardner and jones and clicked his heels he could not be marked as our system does not cover that area of the pitch.Jimmy ryan was like a fish out of water he hasn't got the explosive pace to get upto the front man .Cook simply had to change the system to get us back into the game and all he did was change the personal, poor poor tactical analysis from the management but fair play to Swindon who were a superb better side than us .

This post has been edited by bonnyman: 28 October 2014 - 09:59 PM

ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#2 User is offline   Exharboroughspireite 

• ExHarboroughspireite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:02 PM

Thanks for putting this, I've just stuck something similar on the other thread. Awful tactics from cook in terms of leaving both full backs with no cover. I'm worried about his lack of plan b, his failure to get hold of a decent right back and leaving us with only one striker. We look like a side of league two players trying to hack it. As for whoever is supposedly training the back four they need to be sacked in the morning.

#3 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:06 PM

View PostExharboroughspireite, on 28 October 2014 - 10:02 PM, said:

Thanks for putting this, I've just stuck something similar on the other thread. Awful tactics from cook in terms of leaving both full backs with no cover. I'm worried about his lack of plan b, his failure to get hold of a decent right back and leaving us with only one striker. We look like a side of league two players trying to hack it. As for whoever is supposedly training the back four they need to be sacked in the morning.

Good point who exactly us the defensive coach. After all we have enough back room staff.

#4 User is offline   Oscar Tone 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Gin and tonic. Patron of the arts and movies where things blow up.

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:06 PM

Got to agree. Swindon must have thought that Christmas had come early when the same team that did so poorly on Saturday rolled out. Looked like the two wide men were under orders to stay up & Swindon just said thanks very much and took advantage.

I know Cook talks about Johnson won't be here soon, but in O'Shea, Banks & Roberts we have capable personnel to slot into that spot & still plenty of options in the wider spots.

So why change it. It was very poor today, but when you saw what tactics we were playing in the 1st half, it was all very predictable.

#5 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:07 PM

The biggest tactical error PC has made is breaking the Morsy Ryan partnership. What is he thinking!?

#6 User is offline   Exharboroughspireite 

• ExHarboroughspireite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:09 PM

View Posthilly81, on 28 October 2014 - 10:07 PM, said:

The biggest tactical error PC has made is breaking the Morsy Ryan partnership. What is he thinking!?

They wouldn't have been able to cover both fullbacks as Cook was expecting someone to do.....or just hoping their management team didn't notice the acres of green space in front of our full backs.

#7 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:10 PM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 28 October 2014 - 10:06 PM, said:

Good point who exactly us the defensive coach. After all we have enough back room staff.

It's not a defensive coach that's needed it's a realisation that if you are getting no joy you need to change cooks idea of change was just reaching for a bigger hammer.

#8 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:10 PM

View PostOscar Tone, on 28 October 2014 - 10:06 PM, said:

Got to agree. Swindon must have thought that Christmas had come early when the same team that did so poorly on Saturday rolled out. Looked like the two wide men were under orders to stay up & Swindon just said thanks very much and took advantage.

I know Cook talks about Johnson won't be here soon, but in O'Shea, Banks & Roberts we have capable personnel to slot into that spot & still plenty of options in the wider spots.

So why change it. It was very poor today, but when you saw what tactics we were playing in the 1st half, it was all very predictable.

It is strange. You can't have Morsy and Gobern on the pitch at the same time. Playing them 2 and Ryan gives us no attacking flair behind Doyle, and its not like we 're short of it with Banks and O'Shea sitting on the bench. Gotta give Jay O a shot against Yeovil and drop Gobern and put our cm back how it was.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#9 User is offline   Spireite82 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:17 PM

Ridiculous decision to leave Johnson out fro. The beginning. I'd have almost understood it if we'd won last Saturday without him. Bringing him on early in second half confirms that leaving him out is a very poor tactical decision.

Morsey and Ryan are so much better when playing next to each other. I don't think Govern is a bad player but the formation doesn't work.

I feel for the defence as they had absolutely no support from midfield...

#10 User is offline   bucko 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:18 PM

Apart from a bright opening ten minutes , we were beaten by a far better team.
Worry is we have used another wage on yet another midfielder when it's crying out for another option up front.

Why can't you mr Cook sign a striker.

They made use of the pace throughout there team and number 3 Byrne had a field day. He had so much space to run at our defence and we couldn't defend it.
They forced us out wide to put crosses in knowing that we didn't have anyone to get on the end of it.
Oh for an Ernie Moss to be on the end of some of them crosses.

#11 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:24 PM

View PostExharboroughspireite, on 28 October 2014 - 10:09 PM, said:

They wouldn't have been able to cover both fullbacks as Cook was expecting someone to do.....or just hoping their management team didn't notice the acres of green space in front of our full backs.

Darwikwa plays better with Bocco in front of him.

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 28 October 2014 - 10:10 PM, said:

It is strange. You can't have Morsy and Gobern on the pitch at the same time. Playing them 2 and Ryan gives us no attacking flair behind Doyle, and its not like we 're short of it with Banks and O'Shea sitting on the bench. Gotta give Jay O a shot against Yeovil and drop Gobern and put our cm back how it was.

Send Gobern back, he's no better than what we already have at the club.
lindave

#12 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:26 PM

View Postbucko, on 28 October 2014 - 10:18 PM, said:

Apart from a bright opening ten minutes , we were beaten by a far better team.
Worry is we have used another wage on yet another midfielder when it's crying out for another option up front.

Why can't you mr Cook sign a striker.

They made use of the pace throughout there team and number 3 Byrne had a field day. He had so much space to run at our defence and we couldn't defend it.
They forced us out wide to put crosses in knowing that we didn't have anyone to get on the end of it.
Oh for an Ernie Moss to be on the end of some of them crosses.

Or even Ivan Hollett, we are so weak in the air.
lindave

#13 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:28 PM

View Postlindave, on 28 October 2014 - 10:24 PM, said:

Gardner started the game like an express train but he can't run at full pelt all the way back to jones if we lose the ball he isn't mo far ah it's asking far too much

#14 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:32 PM

Let's not play down what was a very very good Swindon team performance. They were superior to us in every department tonight and for me were the best side I've seen up here this season.
But the tactics we played seemed to leave a big big gap between the midfield and the attack which meant whenever we ventured forward by the time we eventually made it into the final third of the pitch it was either mopped up or they got plenty of bodies back to help the defenders.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#15 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:40 PM

View Postlindave, on 28 October 2014 - 10:24 PM, said:

Can't

For me, bring on a basically untried, young unproven winger rather than either one of two quality, proven attacking midfielders was a major headscratcher!!!

This post has been edited by Sammy Spireite: 28 October 2014 - 10:40 PM

#16 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:56 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 28 October 2014 - 10:40 PM, said:

Can't

For me, bring on a basically untried, young unproven winger rather than either one of two quality, proven attacking midfielders was a major headscratcher!!!

Can't

Can't

The game was lost at 3-0 mate. An exercise in giving him pitch time that's all and he did OK.

This post has been edited by boot: 28 October 2014 - 10:58 PM

#17 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:57 PM

View PostExharboroughspireite, on 28 October 2014 - 10:02 PM, said:

Yet our Right Back was our MOM by a country mile.

Our Left Back was poor though and we are still waiting for the two Centre Backs to look like a unit.

Then, if tactically, the manager decides to break up our best Central Midfield pairing and play a loanee that doesn't look like he will get match fit before his loan is up there is a problem.

On Saturday, he preferred to play one of our injury prone players, instead of another loanee who has impressed, resulting in that player, Roberts, being unavailable for two to three weeks at a very critical time of the year. Points are more important than giving minutes to some of our own so called flair players.

It seems that since holding the runaway leaders, Bristol, until the last minute PC has lost confidence and the team are beginning to follow suit as certain players do not appear to know what their job is in the set-up.

#18 User is offline   spireitecraig 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:58 PM

Gboly did well when he came on and he can put a ball in.

#19 User is offline   Tylerdurdencfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:00 PM

Can't

It's not the first time I've said this but cook hasn't got the ability tactically to change things during a match, he makes weird substitutions, unnecessary switches in formation and baffles the fans so imagine the players. I've said this last season and I'll say it again, his tactical ability isn't up to scratch, put him against a manager with some tactical prowess and see him get his bottom wiped.

There wasn't any reason to change it during the Oldham game, then he goes on record about big changes and has messed up the last three games completely. Play your strongest team end of.

The problem now is the players haven't got a settled side or settled positions and it shows in the lack of confidence.

A few questions to ask....

Why leave Johnson out of the starting line up for the last three games ?
Why sign a defensive midfielder and break up morsy and Ryan partnership?
What has boco done wrong? He won balls in the air as an outlet, contributed a few goals and provided cover defensively on the right.
Why only have one striker?
Why sign numerous midfielders in the same position then moan they all can't play or both can't play together?
Why play a player that isn't 100percent fit and leave Johnson out?
Why spit the dummy out on the radio and rant on about changes when not required?
Why haven't we got an adaptable plan b?
What has happened to tommy?
Where is all the B****Y money going?

My team for Saturday

Tommy
Dave
Evo
Pizza
Jones
Boco
Ryan
Morsy
Clucas
Johnson
Doyle

Players to bring on O'shea, banks, Gardner

Serious serious questions have to be asked about all this tinkering and why?

#20 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:02 PM

Can't

Don't see why, ariyibi did nothing wrong really, put a few decent balls into the box he did what wingers do.
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users