Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: What Can The Board Do To Start Winning Fans Over? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Can The Board Do To Start Winning Fans Over?

#41 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:13 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 24 July 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:

There may be a way for Allen to save face with Turner. From what I understand he is quite good at the football side of things, player contracts etc. The business side is his downfall. Maybe he could become director of football and just concentrate on the football side and bring in a fully qualified CEO to manage the business side.

Well if I was to judge him by the antics of his other busness he may well be good at contracts.
God I hate this league.

#42 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:18 PM

View Postmoondog, on 24 July 2016 - 12:23 PM, said:

If the club don't realise they have to act the embarrassing turn out at today's open day should tell them all they need to know

And don't forget this is our 150th anniversary year.
God I hate this league.

#43 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:45 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 24 July 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:

There may be a way for Allen to save face with Turner. From what I understand he is quite good at the football side of things, player contracts etc. The business side is his downfall. Maybe he could become director of football and just concentrate on the football side and bring in a fully qualified CEO to manage the business side.

I wouldn't let Turner anywhere near player contract negotiations. The man is simply a walking disaster as CEO. Maybe one day everything will become clear, but I doubt it!
East stand second class citizen.

#44 User is offline   spireitewolf 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:48 PM

Mrhappy said:

1469358306[/url]' post='1228509']
Is telling the truth too much to ask??

That's a good one !!!

#45 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:52 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 24 July 2016 - 02:45 PM, said:

I wouldn't let Turner anywhere near player contract negotiations. The man is simply a walking disaster as CEO. Maybe one day everything will become clear, but I doubt it!

The only thing he appears to do successfully is negotiate his own bonus

This post has been edited by Benno Spire: 24 July 2016 - 02:53 PM

Have passport will travel

#46 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:24 PM

Turner in charge of player contracts is akin to putting a ravenous polar bear in charge of a kids petting zoo. The man is a walking disaster as CEO. Thankfully I think the club are beginning to realise this. Sadly it's too late.

#47 User is offline   Price 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:31 PM

View Postlongeatonspireite, on 24 July 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

Just someone from the Board/CFC and come out on to media and give the "Speech"

Personally it's gone beyond words. For me to return I need to see actions - and lots of them.

#48 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:46 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 24 July 2016 - 10:28 AM, said:

In the hope that AC reads this board, I have started this thread for fans to suggest ideas on what the board can do to try and get the fans back on side

I will start with

1/ only charge £3 to get into the Leicester game and give out a voucher for a free drink at the first home game
2/ Announce that CT has left the club to take up a different challenge in his career
3/ Allow Danny a few more signings
4/ Announce that there will be a pre season trip abroad very early and confirm that fans will be invited to be part of a sensibly priced club organised trip with maximum numbers on a first come first served basis

Please add your thoughts and ideas, try your best to keep them clean and sensible

Just be honest to the loyal fans, that's all I ask.
lindave

#49 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:00 PM

I'd not let him within a hundred miles of the club full stop. In any other profession, banking exempted, even half the ineptitude he has shown would see you drop kicked out the door.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#50 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:38 PM

Dave Allen whether he likes it or not he is the chairman of out Chesterfield FC he should start by acting like it and get this club into the the Championship, he could start making some real money bu doing that....

#51 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:40 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 24 July 2016 - 10:28 AM, said:

In the hope that AC reads this board, I have started this thread for fans to suggest ideas on what the board can do to try and get the fans back on side

I will start with

1/ only charge £3 to get into the Leicester game and give out a voucher for a free drink at the first home game
2/ Announce that CT has left the club to take up a different challenge in his career
3/ Allow Danny a few more signings
4/ Announce that there will be a pre season trip abroad very early and confirm that fans will be invited to be part of a sensibly priced club organised trip with maximum numbers on a first come first served basis

Please add your thoughts and ideas, try your best to keep them clean and sensible

Remove the extra on-the-day charge plus the daft charge to print your own ticket. Which will probably be named already when I read the thread.

#52 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:42 PM

What you forget Merc is his added bonus incentive when selling players - so no wonder he's good with contracts.
God I hate this league.

#53 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:56 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 24 July 2016 - 08:42 PM, said:

What you forget Merc is his added bonus incentive when selling players - so no wonder he's good with contracts.

I'm more than aware of that supposed "extra" mate. I just think even those at the club are now starting to realise what poison his name is with genuine fans. He has got no credibility at all. He simply has to go soon or disaster will follow disaster.

#54 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2016 - 09:26 PM

CT tried it on with the Founder members by attempting to remove the free home friendlies and JPT matches- until was challenged it was in the small print/large print and to do so would be unlawful....

#55 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:14 PM

The four raffle entrants, treat them to something special
JRID

#56 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:58 AM

I've said it a 'million' times, but it's worth repeating.

DA is the owner of the club, AND the bloke who lends the club money. So he receives the interest on the debt. So I don't see any reason for him to break a leg to reduce it.

CT is DA's man. He's doing what he's employed to do; and if it hasn't hit home yet that this is sanctioned by his boss then it ought to have.

To improve relations the club really need some sort of conduit to relate to the fans. But frankly, if they keep pulling strokes like they have been then theres no point. As the conduit would just be someone to spin and attempt to hoodwink said fans.

Times have changed though, and it ought to be apparent to the board that just as in politics, people aren't prepared to have the wool pulled over their eyes anymore. We have the internet. Different times, different approach needed.

Treating your customers with respect would be a good start.

#57 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:40 AM

Apply it's own customer charter, see below, designed to ensure complete transparency and accountability.

Is Stephen Kerry, still at the club, do we have a Customer services manager ? This 2013 article does appear to have been updated given the reference to 2016 ADR

Customer Charter
Posted: Sun 12 May 2013
Author: Chesterfield FC
image: http://www.chesterfi...60546-46079.jpg

Image by:
CHESTERFIELD FOOTBALL CLUB CUSTOMER CHARTER

Chesterfield FC is the fourth oldest football club in the country and moved to its new 10,000 all seater Stadium at the start of the 2010-11 season. Outlined below are our principal policies and commitments to ensure complete transparency and accountability.

CLUB OWNERSHIP

Chesterfield Football Club is the trading name of CFC (2001) ltd, which is a Limited Company owned by its shareholders and run by a Board of Directors.

CLUB OBJECTIVES

Chesterfield Football Club aims to be a source of civic pride in the town of Chesterfield by:

- Playing professional football at the highest level possible.
- Managing the club professionally so as to ensure a sustainable future for top class sport in the town.
- Participating in the football league campaign “Enjoy the match” by eradicating anti-social behaviour specifically in the family areas of the ground making the match day experience more appealing to all supporters especially families.
- Providing a facility which will attract visitors to the town and create education, training and employment opportunities.
- Provide excellent customer service in all departments of the club.

Read more at http://www.chesterfi...HTsRwTIhPQHd.99

#58 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:44 AM

Corection, the club have updated the staff directory and we do have a Supporters Liasion Officer and it's Stephen Kerry

http://www.chesterfi...al/contact.aspx

#59 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:01 AM

View Postmoondog, on 25 July 2016 - 07:44 AM, said:

Corection, the club have updated the staff directory and we do have a Supporters Liasion Officer and it's Stephen Kerry

http://www.chesterfi...al/contact.aspx

It appears to have been very recently updated (Fitzgerald gone, Events updated, disabled liason updaTed etc) it seems Jamie Hewitt is still at the club...

#60 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:09 AM

View Postvalemadness, on 25 July 2016 - 08:01 AM, said:

It appears to have been very recently updated (Fitzgerald gone, Events updated, disabled liason updaTed etc) it seems Jamie Hewitt is still at the club...

I expect updated as a result of this thread.

I have it on good authority Jamie has left, not good that there isn't an announcement

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users