Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Message From Antony Haywood - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Message From Antony Haywood

#1 User is offline   marlons curtains 

• Key Player
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:33 PM

I don't know how many of you know Ant but if you do, you'll know he doesn't do internet or social media.
He's asked me to pass on his thanks and gratitude for the support and kinds words many have said on here. He's truly humbled.
Obviously he's still pretty devastated as one of the club's longest serving employees to have lost the job he's loved for so long. However the support has been great and he's had many messages from other grounds man around the country, notably today from Manchester City.

So thanks everyone, it's genuinely meant a lot.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:42 PM

View Postmarlons curtains, on 23 July 2016 - 08:33 PM, said:

I don't know how many of you know Ant but if you do, you'll know he doesn't do internet or social media.
He's asked me to pass on his thanks and gratitude for the support and kinds words many have said on here. He's truly humbled.
Obviously he's still pretty devastated as one of the club's longest serving employees to have lost the job he's loved for so long. However the support has been great and he's had many messages from other grounds man around the country, notably today from Manchester City.

Good luck to him in the future...he's better off out of what our club is turning into.
East stand second class citizen.

#3 User is online   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:44 PM

Hopefully he gets a new job, on better money elsewhere and can be glad to be away from it.

#4 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:46 PM

I feel for Ant and all of you in his family it sickens me how this club is operating......i just feel more anger the longer they are here....

#5 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:16 PM

Fingers crossed he finds a job where he's appreciated.

#6 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:44 PM

View PostGoku, on 23 July 2016 - 09:16 PM, said:

Fingers crossed he finds a job where he's appreciated.

Initially the bills take priority. Then he can look around

#7 User is offline   S43_Spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Footy, Computers and Holidays in Florida

Posted 23 July 2016 - 10:25 PM

One word sums this up.........."Disgusting"

and this statement is Diabolical

"On behalf of the club, I would like to thank Antony for his service and offer him very best wishes for the future," said director & company secretary Ashley Carson.
#StopGoing

#8 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 July 2016 - 10:27 PM

I know one of the lads that worked with him i guess he has been finished as well....

#9 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 24 July 2016 - 11:07 AM

:closedeyes: Yes matey for over 33 years of loyal service both at Saltergate and the new ground which will change name as and when.Sterling job managing with bare essentials of equipment.Been difficult a times and I know it's been a fight to maintain the high standards you set.Like:
Educating managers that if they want a perfect pitch,don't train on it,Use the training facilities available
Educating managers that training on a frost covered pitch does the grass no good at all.
Putting up with stressed out managers who insist on the pitch being cut on the morning of the game.
Obliging managers who ok the pitch at 10am on the morning of the game after it's cut only to say at 12noon it wants cutting again and you get on with it.
Educating managers that cutting the pitch too short in the autumn months tends to make it suffer during the winter months when growth slows right down.
Having to plead to get feed and weed control for the pitch.Even the dimmest must realise that is of paramount importance.
Having to work under clowns who cannot add machine depreciation into accounts such that money would be available to renew when required.
Having to raise money for machinery and don't lets us forget the frost covers which you also run raffles to obtain.
Will the new pitch maintenance team take on any of the above,doubt it.
Good luck for the future,whoever employs you will get their moneys worth.
Thanks from all.
Many a good tune

#10 User is offline   marlons curtains 

• Key Player
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 24 July 2016 - 11:24 AM

Sheridan was a nightmare for training on the pitch when couldn't be bothered to go up training ground.
Cookie a nightmare for wanting a tenth of an inch off at 12:30 on match day!
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2016 - 11:35 AM

View Postmarlons curtains, on 23 July 2016 - 08:33 PM, said:

A decision like this and out of the blue will come very hard when you plan your life around what you view as a relatively secure post. Alas todays alledgedly business execs make these cold decisions after royaly being the achitect of the route cause of the reasons for such actions.

As listed above nothing is planned in the running of cfc by the powers that be. They can plan oversees 'training/bonding' trip where it is vital that they attend - for what purpose who knows when there are really serious isues to address back at the club where your second company is ripping off the good people who put their trust in you and your business partner and then have the brass neck to post blatant damn lies and promises.

We have our chairman who has basically taken any democratic running of the board away from the club by his dictatorship style of business. He may he invested initially to save our bacon but by heck he's certainly taking his pound of flesh as we see him tightening his grip on every avenue.

I have always accepted that DA is entitled to how he runs the club but decisions like Anthony and his colleagues losing their jobs for an apparent cost saving exercise just doesn't sit well in any way with me. My best wishes go to Anthony AND MAYBE THERE IS SOME ON HERE WHO CAN OFFER A JOB OR AT LEAST TELL ANTHONY WHEN A JOB VACANY ARISES WHERE EVER THAT JOB MAY BE.

Obviously we need a phone number to get in touch.

Good luck to you all....

Dave.

God I hate this league.

#12 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2016 - 12:08 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 24 July 2016 - 11:35 AM, said:

A decision like this and out of the blue will come very hard when you plan your life around what you view as a relatively secure post. Alas todays alledgedly business execs make these cold decisions after royaly being the achitect of the route cause of the reasons for such actions.

As listed above nothing is planned in the running of cfc by the powers that be. They can plan oversees 'training/bonding' trip where it is vital that they attend - for what purpose who knows when there are really serious isues to address back at the club where your second company is ripping off the good people who put their trust in you and your business partner and then have the brass neck to post blatant damn lies and promises.

We have our chairman who has basically taken any democratic running of the board away from the club by his dictatorship style of business. He may he invested initially to save our bacon but by heck he's certainly taking his pound of flesh as we see him tightening his grip on every avenue.

I have always accepted that DA is entitled to how he runs the club but decisions like Anthony and his colleagues losing their jobs for an apparent cost saving exercise just doesn't sit well in any way with me. My best wishes go to Anthony AND MAYBE THERE IS SOME ON HERE WHO CAN OFFER A JOB OR AT LEAST TELL ANTHONY WHEN A JOB VACANY ARISES WHERE EVER THAT JOB MAY BE.

Obviously we need a phone number to get in touch.

Good luck to you all....

Dave.

Good post Dave,can I add my best wishes to Ant and his colleague,when I win the Euro millions my second job will be to reinstate these two with a hefty pay rise,my first job will be to make myself chairman and surround myself with people I know and trust who have the club and fans at heart.

#13 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2016 - 12:30 PM

View Postmusclelove, on 24 July 2016 - 12:08 PM, said:

Good post Dave,can I add my best wishes to Ant and his colleague,when I win the Euro millions my second job will be to reinstate these two with a hefty pay rise,my first job will be to make myself chairman and surround myself with people I know and trust who have the club and fans at heart.

We share the same dream my friend. :sunglasses

#14 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2016 - 12:45 PM

One things for sure i wont be helping the club shovel snow off the pitch after this debacle.
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#15 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:00 PM

View PostBonnyman, on 24 July 2016 - 12:45 PM, said:

One things for sure i wont be helping the club shovel snow off the pitch after this debacle.

If things carry on I'll be buying another 6 wheel barrows to help with club finances - no comments please about sheite..........
God I hate this league.

#16 User is offline   spireitewolf 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:52 PM

S43_Spireite said:

1469312724[/url]' post='1228447']

"On behalf of the club, I would like to thank Antony for his service and offer him very best wishes for the future," said director & company secretary Ashley Carson.

Don't know how AC has got the nerve !!!!!! Best wishes Antony you best away form the Sheffield Mafia I been supporting my team fir over 60 yr and I am totally disgusted

#17 User is offline   spireitewolf 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:55 PM

spireitenag said:

1469363421[/url]' post='1228557']
We share the same dream my friend. :sunglasses

Yep dreaming again and I don't do the euro lottery lol but I know someone who does it and will buy the club

#18 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:30 PM

Are groundsman jobs transferable? Ie could a football groundsman slot into the position of cricket or golf (probably more jobs in golf than anything)

#19 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:40 PM

View PostS43_Spireite, on 23 July 2016 - 10:25 PM, said:

The amount of whatsit that comes out of Carson's mouth should mean that the Club shouldn't have to pay out for too much manure for the pitch.
I'm still very angry with what's happening behind the scenes. it's about time that gutless Carson and Turner came clean and let the fans know why we are in such a masssive mess. They could address the fans Forum and let Nigel and Co. relay the message back to the worried fans. How is Danny going to bring us success on the pitch our future is so uncertain.I'm gutted that we seem to heading by to the drk days of DB.
lindave

#20 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:33 PM

As much as I disagree with how Anthony has been treated and I am in no way condoning the behavior of the club towards a very professional and loyal employee, but how many people just like Anthony and maybe some members of this message board has this happened to at sometime in their working lives? In the grand scheme of things he is really no different to any other employee and the club is no different to any other unscrupulous employer
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users