• You cannot reply to this topic

Ball Boys Disgrace Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:31 AM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 11 November 2018 - 09:32 AM, said:

I found his eulogy for Glenn Tamplin far funnier.

I wonder how Ashley and Glenn got on together? Ashley must have had doubts about allowing him into the Boardroom.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#42 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:33 AM

View Postdim view, on 11 November 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

I wonder how Ashley and Glenn got on together? Ashley must have had doubts about allowing him into the Boardroom.

I'd imagine Glen had misgivings about going to boardroom and mixing with the dubious characters in there

#43 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:41 AM

Why would an alleged assistant manager spend 90??? minutes posing in the technical area making no tactical contributions whatsoever, having disagreements with other (coaching) staff and clearly not having the respect of the subs?

Him and Droylsdens Pace would make a great team.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#44 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 11 November 2018 - 12:23 PM

Valley Blues said:

1541929996[/url]' post='1430008']The ball boy sat in his seat in silence thinking about what he's learnt at school about the War and the sacrifice and significance of November 11th

Valley Blues said:

1541931169[/url]' post='1430015']
I have no idea what the lad 'lounging' across two seats was thinking. I'm not sure your thought processes are determined by your posture, though.

Make your mind up?
A new hope.

#45 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:46 PM

View Postturrhall, on 10 November 2018 - 03:19 PM, said:

Why do you care?

Surely that doesn't need an answer.

View PostWestern Spire, on 10 November 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

Get your facts right before you vilify them all, I was in the northern section of the west stand and the lad in front of us stood through it all.

Get your facts right before you vilify them all, I was in the northern section of the west stand and the lad in front of us stood through it all.

Good on him, I was at the North end of the ground.
God I hate this league.

#46 User is offline   SuperJackyLester 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2018 - 04:03 PM

Did the lad observe the silence? Sounds like he did. So what's the problem. Why is it disrespectful he was "lounged" across 2 seats. I was sat down today with my feet up when I observed the silence. Should I have stood up?

#47 User is offline   turrhall 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2018 - 04:23 PM

[quote name='DIFH' timestamp='1541947560' post='1430075']
Surely that doesn't need an answer.

Humour me

#48 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 11 November 2018 - 04:23 PM

View PostSuperJackyLester, on 11 November 2018 - 04:03 PM, said:

Did the lad observe the silence? Sounds like he did. So what's the problem. Why is it disrespectful he was "lounged" across 2 seats. I was sat down today with my feet up when I observed the silence. Should I have stood up?

Yes. Even if you have no legs.

#49 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2018 - 05:41 PM

View PostDEATH, on 11 November 2018 - 12:23 PM, said:

Make your mind up?

Not sure what you're getting at.

You, like myself, have no idea what anyone is thinking during the silence. You appear to be making an assumption that if you're standing you are reflecting in the correct manner and if you're sitting, or 'lounging', you are not appropriately thinking of those that went before us.

I observed two minutes silence yesterday at my son's football fixture where I stood proudly and I observed the two minutes this morning whilst seated. My reflection was pretty much the same for both.

#50 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:54 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 11 November 2018 - 10:03 AM, said:

Let's not turn this into an exercise in virtue signalling.

'I spent a fiver on a poppy'. 'That's nowt - I spent a tenner!' 'You're disrespectful - it should've been at least fifty!'

'Oh, and let's all get that bloke over there 'cos he's not wearing one at all - traitor!'

Infact it's getting similar to the 'I'm a better fan than you' stuff on other threads.

Look; the subject started by bemoaning ball boys who, according to our friend Dave, didn't stand for the minute's silence. Okay, a little disrespectful perhaps, but does it really merit a thread on here? Compared to all other the issues at the Proact? Or would a quiet word with whoever looks after these lads be a better idea.

As for the wider topic, surely the whole point is that the Fallen died to give us choices. Choices to wear a red poppy, a white poppy, a purple poppy, a pink, blue, tartan poppy or no poppy at all. Like the many former service men and women left so scarred by their experiences they've become pacifists. Or those who recognise that it's politicians who create the conflicts others die to resolve.

I wear a poppy. I celebrate the freedoms won by the sacrifices we remember. Hey - I insisted the lads I used to coach observed the minute's silence too. But then I'm not gonna condemn anyone who makes a different choice and certainly won't join some angry mob vilifying them.

Sorry Chris but that's a really poor post. I expect better from you. You have just made something up that no one has said in this thread.
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#51 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:14 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 11 November 2018 - 10:03 AM, said:

Let's not turn this into an exercise in virtue signalling.

'I spent a fiver on a poppy'. 'That's nowt - I spent a tenner!' 'You're disrespectful - it should've been at least fifty!'

'Oh, and let's all get that bloke over there 'cos he's not wearing one at all - traitor!'

Infact it's getting similar to the 'I'm a better fan than you' stuff on other threads.

Look; the subject started by bemoaning ball boys who, according to our friend Dave, didn't stand for the minute's silence. Okay, a little disrespectful perhaps, but does it really merit a thread on here? Compared to all other the issues at the Proact? Or would a quiet word with whoever looks after these lads be a better idea.

As for the wider topic, surely the whole point is that the Fallen died to give us choices. Choices to wear a red poppy, a white poppy, a purple poppy, a pink, blue, tartan poppy or no poppy at all. Like the many former service men and women left so scarred by their experiences they've become pacifists. Or those who recognise that it's politicians who create the conflicts others die to resolve.

I wear a poppy. I celebrate the freedoms won by the sacrifices we remember. Hey - I insisted the lads I used to coach observed the minute's silence too. But then I'm not gonna condemn anyone who makes a different choice and certainly won't join some angry mob vilifying them.

They died to stop our country being over-run by an alien ideology. Saying they died to give us choices is simply trivialising those efforts - you might as well say they died to let us insult people: isn't that just another choice?
The fact that we enjoy our freedoms today is the result of their sacrifices. To refuse to acknowledge that by showing some respect is the mark of an imbecile.

This post has been edited by h again: 11 November 2018 - 07:17 PM

#52 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:23 PM

Disrespectfully poor behaviour, he only needed to show a bit of common decency and either sit or stand up straight.
Would it be considered disrespectful to go to a funeral and lounge across a couple of seats? Of course it would.
Do what you like in the comfort of your own home, in a public environment just show a bit of decency.
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#53 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:30 PM

View Posth again, on 11 November 2018 - 07:14 PM, said:

They died to stop our country being over-run by an alien ideology. Saying they died to give us choices is simply trivialising those efforts - you might as well say they died to let us insult people: isn't that just another choice?
The fact that we enjoy our freedoms today is the result of their sacrifices. To refuse to acknowledge that by showing some respect is the mark of an imbecile.

And to use this topic to get one over on a fellow message board contributor shows the levels to which you will stoop.
East stand second class citizen.

#54 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:36 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 11 November 2018 - 07:30 PM, said:

And to use this topic to get one over on a fellow message board contributor shows the levels to which you will stoop.

When it comes to levels and stooping you've just hit rock bottom. The subject is one I feel deeply about for reasons I wouldn't share with somebody of your obvious lack of respect.
I hope that one day you might be intelligent enough to rise above the rank of Message Board warrior.

#55 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:40 PM

View Posth again, on 11 November 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

When it comes to levels and stooping you've just hit rock bottom. The subject is one I feel deeply about for reasons I wouldn't share with somebody of your obvious lack of respect.
I hope that one day you might be intelligent enough to rise above the rank of Message Board warrior.

I never show lack of respect to the fallen, and never will, I don't know your personal circumstances so shan't comment but you obviously used the word imbecile as a direct dig. If I've offended I'm quite happy to offer my apologies face to face rather than from behind this keyboard, because as many will vouch, I'm quite happy to meet face to face. I'm not a message board warrior and am quite happy to prove the point, are you?

#56 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:51 PM

Surely the lads were representing the club on the day and in my humble opinion should have gone along with every other section of the club and followed the formalities of the couple of minutes on the day.

It really isn't a lot to expect, I was just very disappointed to see some of the lads not appreciating their actions being on show at such a respectful time.
God I hate this league.

#57 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:53 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 11 November 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

I never show lack of respect to the fallen, and never will, I don't know your personal circumstances so shan't comment but you obviously used the word imbecile as a direct dig. If I've offended I'm quite happy to offer my apologies face to face rather than from behind this keyboard, because as many will vouch, I'm quite happy to meet face to face. I'm not a message board warrior and am quite happy to prove the point, are you?

I said that not to show respect is the mark of an imbecile. Chris, according to him, shows respect and I'm sure he does. The word was used advisedly about the know-nothings who don't.
Next time you feel the red mist coming on, stop and try reading the posts.
I've no interest in meeting you face to face. Your attitude is beneath contempt.

#58 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:00 PM

View Posth again, on 11 November 2018 - 07:53 PM, said:

I said that not to show respect is the mark of an imbecile. Chris, according to him, shows respect and I'm sure he does. The word was used advisedly about the know-nothings who don't.
I've no interest in meeting you face to face. Your attitude is beneath contempt.

I'm sure it'll happen one day. Until then genuine apologies if I offended over this subject. But don't try to over play my view as away of not coming from behind your keyboard.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 11 November 2018 - 08:01 PM

#59 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:07 PM

View Postmartatcross, on 10 November 2018 - 11:49 PM, said:

To be honest I work with colleagues from the age of 18 they are no longer educated about the sacrifices of our ancestors. Blame Schools

We've driven through Dove holes this afternoon and every second lamp post had a child's dedication to the remembered. Thankfully some schools/groups are making the effort.
God I hate this league.

#60 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:22 PM

View Posth again, on 11 November 2018 - 07:53 PM, said:

What sort of person would you like to meet?

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users