Ball Boys Disgrace Rate Topic: -----

#101 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:35 PM

KevinArnottsGoldenBoot said:

1542126574[/url]' post='1430513']
I know of a place where you were forced to stand and respect the whim of the state or suffer the consequences.

Nazi Germany.

What differentiates us from those despotic nutjob rergimes is our (supposed) tolerance of other peoples opinions. These kids didn't grow up with grndparents who served in WW2 like many of us. It doesn't resonate the same way. Give 'em a break FFS. Grown men castigating children. Embarassing.

I donate my money to the B.Legion. But I don't wear the poppy any more, as I feel it has been weaponised by government to engender support for the lunatic wars in Iraq and Afghanistan ( and the rest). I don't blame soldiers for that, I blame the people who send them. Thus my 'stance'. You don't like it? Tough. My forebears fought and died for my right to express my opinion in what, once was, a free country.

Rant over.

Are you really comparing standing and paying respects for a minute once a year with nazi Germany, one of the evil regimes these men died fighting against?

Really?

Fook me, that’s incredible.

You need to sit in a dark room for a while and have a word with yourself.
A new hope.

#102 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:50 PM

View PostDEATH, on 13 November 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

Are you really comparing standing and paying respects for a minute once a year with nazi Germany, one of the evil regimes these men died fighting against?

Really?

Fook me, that’s incredible.

You need to sit in a dark room for a while and have a word with yourself.

I'm clearly not. I'm making a more nuanced point than that.

Which is clearly passing you by.

#103 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:51 PM

KevinArnottsGoldenBoot said:

1542131412[/url]' post='1430527']
I'm clearly not. I'm making a more nuanced point than that

Or just talking sh....it
A new hope.

#104 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:56 PM

View PostDEATH, on 13 November 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

Or just talking sh....it

One mans shoite is another mans fertiliser.

Put your handbag down love. You'll do yourself an injury.

#105 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 13 November 2018 - 06:28 PM

I hope I'm not a Nazi. I've just downed a Spitfire 🍺

#106 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 13 November 2018 - 06:36 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 13 November 2018 - 06:28 PM, said:

I hope I'm not a Nazi. I've just downed a Spitfire 🍺

Quality
A new hope.

#107 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 13 November 2018 - 06:54 PM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 13 November 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

One mans shoite is another mans fertiliser

Or one mans poppy seller is another mans Nazi?

Look it’s very simple. Allow me to offer a football comparison.

Let’s say a player that was before our time watching football dies, and he’s 80 so on 80 minutes the club hold a minutes applause. We applaud on 80 minutes not because we saw the player, or because we knew him etc, we do it because simply because it’s the right thing to do, the respectful and decent thing to do.

We stand for 2 minutes because it’s the right thing to do, the respectful thing to do! Because these men didn’t fight and die for ideology, they didn’t fight and die for the cause of future generations having the choice of being disrespectful if the wanted too, they fought and died because they wanted to stop tyranny there and then, and certainly with the Great War and it’s aftermath - this really would be the war to end all wars. Or so they hoped.

Folk who say I don’t wear a poppy or stand well hey, that’s your choice, but remember, your the equivalent of the bloke in the kop on his phone loudly chatting and laughing while we hold a minutes silence for Ernie moss, or some other similar legend. Unthinkable that would happen on the kopnisnt it? So why on the 11th of the 11th do some see this as it is ok?

Some here have even gone so far as to try to take the urine to prove it’s ok? Would they do it for a dead fan/player of the club for a minutes silence?

They say respect has to be earnt- Has anyone earned respect more than those who fought and died in the mud of Flanders fields?

It’s not a lot to ask, a few pence for a poppy to a worth while charity and a couple of minutes to stand in silence. 120 seconds.
A new hope.

#108 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:05 PM

View PostDEATH, on 13 November 2018 - 06:54 PM, said:

Let’s say a player that was before our time watching football dies, and he’s 80 so on 80 minutes the club hold a minutes applause. We applaud on 80 minutes not because we saw the player, or because we knew him etc, we do it because simply because it’s the right thing to do, the respectful and decent thing to do.

We stand for 2 minutes because it’s the right thing to do, the respectful thing to do! Because these men didn’t fight and die for ideology, they didn’t fight and die for the cause of future generations having the choice of being disrespectful if the wanted too, they fought and died because they wanted to stop tyranny there and then, and certainly with the Great War and it’s aftermath - this really would be the war to end all wars. Or so they hoped.

Folk who say I don’t wear a poppy or stand well hey, that’s your choice, but remember, your the equivalent of the bloke in the kop on his phone loudly chatting and laughing while we hold a minutes silence for Ernie moss, or some other similar legend. Unthinkable that would happen on the kopnisnt it? So why on the 11th of the 11th do some see this as it is ok?

Some here have even gone so far as to try to take the urine to prove it’s ok? Would they do it for a dead fan/player of the club for a minutes silence?

They say respect has to be earnt- Has anyone earned respect more than those who fought and died in the mud of Flanders fields?

It’s not a lot to ask, a few pence for a poppy to a worth while charity and a couple of minutes to stand in silence. 120 seconds.

'Or one mans poppy seller is another mans Nazi?'

No point reading after that. I never claimed anything of the sort. My forefathers died in those fields. If you think the sum total of your debt to those men is a poppy and two minutes silence you're deluded. If they fought for our freedom, then it is what it says on the tin. Freedom. No if's, no but's. I observe their sacrifice in my own way.

Trying to virtue signal by having a pop at children isn't one of them. Nor is cheerleading war. Read a bit of Wilfred Owen. I recommend 'Dulce et Decorum est' if you haven't read it already. Apologies if you have.

I'll leave it at that.

#109 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:34 PM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 13 November 2018 - 07:05 PM, said:

No point reading after that. I never claimed anything of the sort. My forefathers died in those fields. If you think the sum total of your debt to those men is a poppy and two minutes silence you're deluded. If they fought for our freedom, then it is what it says on the tin. Freedom. No if's, no but's. I observe their sacrifice in my own way.

Trying to virtue signal by having a pop at children isn't one of them. Nor is cheerleading war. Read a bit of Wilfred Owen. I recommend 'Dulce et Decorum est' if you haven't read it already. Apologies if you have.

I'll leave it at that.

I have. And Sassoon. And buried comrades who died on foreign fields. And been at the scenes of some utterly dreadful scenes where soldiers were killed and injured.

But that’s not the point. That’s irrelevant and would Semarang the memories

It’s about paying respect to the fallen in a very simple easy way that costs pennies.

It could, literally cost you one pence and just 2 minutes a year.

Is that REALLY so much to ask? Are those asking you to observe this worthy of being compared to nazis? (Which you did)

This post has been edited by DEATH: 13 November 2018 - 07:38 PM

A new hope.

#110 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:39 PM

Thank You , you’ve took the trouble to explain in extremely simple terms that even the most ignorant can surely understand

Impossible to argue against that (although the idiot is still trying)

This post has been edited by Search and Destroy: 13 November 2018 - 07:40 PM

JRID

#111 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:41 PM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 13 November 2018 - 07:05 PM, said:

I'll leave it at that.

Change your username mate

Re register and try again
JRID

#112 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:42 PM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 13 November 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

Thank You , you’ve took the trouble to explain in extremely simple terms that even the most ignorant can surely understand

Impossible to argue against that (although the idiot is still trying)

Well you would like to think that, but humanity always fails and some super stars come to the fore when they shouldn’t
A new hope.

#113 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:12 PM

DEATH said:

1542137662[/url]' post='1430555']
I have. And Sassoon. And buried comrades who died on foreign fields. And been at the scenes of some utterly dreadful scenes where soldiers were killed and injured.

But that's not the point. That's irrelevant and would Semarang the memories

It's about paying respect to the fallen in a very simple easy way that costs pennies.

It could, literally cost you one pence and just 2 minutes a year.

Is that REALLY so much to ask? Are those asking you to observe this worthy of being compared to nazis? (Which you did)

Apologies to all, I have no idea what samerange is in the I phone world of predictive text

A new hope.

#114 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2018 - 09:08 PM

Probably the best non football related thing ever posted on this message board

#115 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 13 November 2018 - 09:19 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 13 November 2018 - 10:56 AM, said:

People still wearing them until Christmas (like the cars with red noses on the radiator)

Wearing a Poppy is in my opinion acceptable at any time. You don't have to remember and honour the fallen just one day of the year.
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#116 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:06 AM

View Postfishini, on 13 November 2018 - 09:19 PM, said:

Wearing a Poppy is in my opinion acceptable at any time. You don't have to remember and honour the fallen just one day of the year.

That just silly

#117 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:27 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 14 November 2018 - 12:06 AM, said:

That just silly

Why?
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#118 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 14 November 2018 - 05:55 AM

I'm informed the wages figure in the report is wrong, this stated £1,040,000 when it was £2,040,000 & £3m.

The club did not appeal or correct the figures with the FA.

#119 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 14 November 2018 - 07:58 AM

View Postfiredodger, on 14 November 2018 - 12:27 AM, said:

Why?

Devalues the impact of the poppy at Remembrahce time.
Makes anyone wearing it out of the time appear lazy or forgetful.
Nothing wrong with remembrance at any time but he British Legion campaign is for the Armistace period.

#120 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 14 November 2018 - 08:02 AM

View Postmoondog, on 14 November 2018 - 05:55 AM, said:

I'm informed the wages figure in the report is wrong, this stated £1,040,000 when it was £2,040,000 & £3m.

The club did not appeal or correct the figures with the FA.

I'm guessing this is on tbe wrong thread, 'M'.

But it implies CFC will tell the fans one figure but won't challenge an FA with access to the real one.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users