• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Allen Out

#41 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:57 PM

Well at least MA has got the players trying. Last season they didn't even do that.

Also having his 2 star players out on long term injury is bound to have a detrimental effect.

I am not particularly defending MA but can see the problem he faces. He needs to be told at the QA not to hoofball and make unecessary changes.

#42 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 07:04 PM

View Postmartatcross, on 03 November 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

At the current rate of progress, next year we won't be in this league to try and get out of it.

If we were midtable changing manager wouldn't be an issue at all. The problem for me is Allen doesn't know how to halt the slide

Well, he's halted the run of losses but only managed a sequence of draws and it could be argued a draw is better than a loss.

Against table topping Wrexham we were the better team for long spells and we did play some decent football. We have, also, held our own against other sides nearer the top than the bottom.

Basically, in my opinion, the team is sadly lacking a couple of goal scorers. For all his trickery Hines isn't putting the ball in the net, Denton is never going to be prolific, I'm waiting to see Shaw have a shot, I believe Fortune is leading scorer with four but two are from penalties and he can't get a game, neither Kiwomya nor Reid have looked like bothering the oppositions keeper, whilst Amantchi has a lot to learn.

Tactically, the long throw has done us no favours. Very little is created from it and it makes us look more direct than we often are when the ball is in play.

#43 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 07:05 PM

View PostBlue5, on 03 November 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

I saw Nicky and Adam Smith in the gym the other morning. I will not say which former TV programme came to my mind!

Supermarket sweep?

#44 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 07:18 PM

View Postdtp, on 03 November 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

Well, he's halted the run of losses but only managed a sequence of draws and it could be argued a draw is better than a loss.

Against table topping Wrexham we were the better team for long spells and we did play some decent football. We have, also, held our own against other sides nearer the top than the bottom.

Basically, in my opinion, the team is sadly lacking a couple of goal scorers. For all his trickery Hines isn't putting the ball in the net, Denton is never going to be prolific, I'm waiting to see Shaw have a shot, I believe Fortune is leading scorer with four but two are from penalties and he can't get a game, neither Kiwomya nor Reid have looked like bothering the oppositions keeper, whilst Amantchi has a lot to learn.

Tactically, the long throw has done us no favours. Very little is created from it and it makes us look more direct than we often are when the ball is in play.

that's a good assessment, we certainly put effort in today but sadly we just do not have quality in our play, zero composure on the ball. their goal had been coming for about half an hour we did well to hang in that long, I found it difficult to watch today but not because of lack of effort just purely through lack of anything that resembled football.

#45 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 07:25 PM

Well I think Shaw is well out of his depth, no direct shots at goal is pretty abysmal for a striker, and MA should change him for a better player.

IF that means spending then tell DA to do it. If we get a decent striker then we should do well.

#46 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 03 November 2018 - 07:29 PM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 03 November 2018 - 07:25 PM, said:

Well I think Shaw is well out of his depth, no direct shots at goal is pretty abysmal for a striker, and MA should change him for a better player.

IF that means spending then tell DA to do it. If we get a decent striker then we should do well.

I agree re Shaw..sadly lacking at this level.
East stand second class citizen.

#47 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 03 November 2018 - 07:31 PM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 03 November 2018 - 06:56 PM, said:

You were there and I wasn't, so I'm happy to defer to your judgement. But for all the "effort" we didn't defend a corner.

For all the talk of effort, running round like busy idiots can also be contrasted with sound positioning and reading a game.

Get things like that right and you can become more economical with movement as an individual or unit. Think back to Phil Robinson, or Morsy and Ryan in tandem.

I wasn't there today either but I have not seen the lack of effort or passion as being the issue in any game I have seen

Mr 'M' was right they lack quality (even at this level) and no analysis of the requisite attributes of a professional footballer will change that fact
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#48 User is offline   Bobby Darling 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 07:32 PM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 03 November 2018 - 06:56 PM, said:

You were there and I wasn't, so I'm happy to defer to your judgement. But for all the "effort" we didn't defend a corner.

For all the talk of effort, running round like busy idiots can also be contrasted with sound positioning and reading a game.

Get things like that right and you can become more economical with movement as an individual or unit. Think back to Phil Robinson, or Morsy and Ryan in tandem.

Have you any idea what players we have? What are you on about re Robinson Morsy Ryan? We can’t afford them. The effort from the players today was first class and they were gutted at the end. Hence why they received an ovation. We defended several corners and I assume that even a team coached by you may just once have conceded a goal from a corner?
Straight question: do you think that you could manage a Conference team better that Martin Allen?

#49 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 03 November 2018 - 07:33 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 03 November 2018 - 07:29 PM, said:

I agree re Shaw..sadly lacking at this level.

He runs around a lot and is quick when he doesn't have the ball

And yet MA sees something in him :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by azul: 03 November 2018 - 07:34 PM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#50 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 07:39 PM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 03 November 2018 - 07:25 PM, said:

Shaw has been a disaster, as has Muggleton, as has Nelson, Reid, ad nauseum. Allen out.

#51 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 03 November 2018 - 07:51 PM

View PostMacSpire, on 03 November 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

Shaw has been a disaster, as has Muggleton, as has Nelson, Reid, ad nauseum. Allen out.

Muggleton has been steady, the others I agree with.
East stand second class citizen.

#52 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 07:53 PM

Was always an accident waiting to happen. Dreadful manager who has signed dreadful players. Get rid.

#53 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:00 PM

View PostBobby Darling, on 03 November 2018 - 07:32 PM, said:

Have you any idea what players we have? What are you on about re Robinson Morsy Ryan? We can’t afford them. The effort from the players today was first class and they were gutted at the end. Hence why they received an ovation. We defended several corners and I assume that even a team coached by you may just once have conceded a goal from a corner?
Straight question: do you think that you could manage a Conference team better that Martin Allen?

Calm yourself, and give up the hissy fit.

I never said go out and buy players like Robinson, Morsy or Ryan. I was referring to their intelligence (obviously lost on you) and their positioning on the field.

Geez, perhaps you should go for the fitness coaching job. All your jumping to conclusions, climbing the walls and flying off the handle should be enough for you to get the gig.

#54 User is online   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:03 PM

We hsve had teams that have been to the Proact this season who have deliberatly wasted time from the first minute

Now we have OUR fans coming on here complaining about us apparantly trying to defend a lead in the latter stages of the match

I wonder if the fans of the teams who have wasted time at the Proact have complained on their fans forums after their teams performances

Dont make me laugh :windup

#55 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:04 PM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 03 November 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

I never said go out and buy players like Robinson, Morsy or Ryan. I was referring to their intelligence (obviously lost on you) and their positioning on the field.

Geez, perhaps you should go for the fitness coaching job. All your jumping to conclusions, climbing the walls and flying off the handle should be enough for you to get the gig.

For the record, I think you would do a better job than Martin Allen, SS.

#56 User is offline   Bobby Darling 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:06 PM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 03 November 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

You’re trying to deflect and are being evasive. What’s the point of talking about players who are above this standard. Answer my question: do you think you would make a successful manager at this level? That’s all I’m asking.

#57 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:14 PM

View Postwhittman, on 03 November 2018 - 08:03 PM, said:

We hsve had teams that have been to the Proact this season who have deliberatly wasted time from the first minute

Now we have OUR fans coming on here complaining about us apparantly trying to defend a lead in the latter stages of the match

I wonder if the fans of the teams who have wasted time at the Proact have complained on their fans forums after their teams performances

Dont make me laugh :windup

16 dog and duck games and no wins. We deliberately slow the game down from minute one and make it a scrap due to a complete lack of ability. Everyone is rightly complaining, it’s pathetic to watch.

#58 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:19 PM

View Posthilly81, on 03 November 2018 - 08:04 PM, said:

For the record, I think you would do a better job than Martin Allen, SS.

Your dog would.
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#59 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:20 PM

View PostStoptalkingbol, on 03 November 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

16 dog and duck games and no wins. We deliberately slow the game down from minute one and make it a scrap due to a complete lack of ability. Everyone is rightly complaining, it’s pathetic to watch.

If only. Try to slow it down in this league and you're flat on your back. The entire league revolves round closing down players as quickly and mob-handed as possible.

#60 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:20 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 03 November 2018 - 08:19 PM, said:

Your dog would.

Don’t have a dog mate. Got fish though.

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »