• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Allen Out

#21 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 03 November 2018 - 05:59 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 03 November 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

I disagree, I thought we were controlling the game pretty much up until we scored, played pretty much to feet and looked relatively comfortable at the back, Burton had not been tested up till then, then we score he made that sub, and changed the game. Martin cost us that win, a manager that wants to play football the right way would get results with that squad.

I have to bow to your view on that point as you were obviously there and I definitely wasn't.

#22 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:07 PM

View PostSALTERGATE, on 03 November 2018 - 05:59 PM, said:

No, time to go was weeks ago

Have to try someone else - 'try' being the operative word. This is hideous.

#23 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:10 PM

View PostMacSpire, on 03 November 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

I would bring Pemberton into the first team set up as quick as tomorrow
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#24 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:10 PM

View Postsophocles, on 03 November 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

Yes, because the manager is not the problem, as anyone with an ounce of sense can see. Changing managers makes NO difference while we have the same owner. I'm not saying MA is a good manager, I'm saying we could have a combination of Pep, Fergie, and Shankly and we would still get absolutely nowhere under the same ownership.

Spot on.
To turn this round, we have to have somebody above MA who cares about CFC.
Carson only attends matches so that he can supervise the security of match takings. That's his job but he'd sooner be at Hillsbro.

MA is on his own. Seven games ago after 2 of our sh111tiest defeats ever he announced a plan to go back to basics, make us hard to beat, and then move on from there. It's a matter of opinion as to whether 7 games is a fair crack but I don't think it can be reasonably argued that his plan is failing.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#25 User is offline   SALTERGATE 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:11 PM

View PostMacSpire, on 03 November 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

No need to “try”....Get Nicky Law

Be nice to replace the hideous Sweet Caroline with The Boys are Back in Town also

This post has been edited by SALTERGATE: 03 November 2018 - 06:13 PM

#26 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:13 PM

View PostSALTERGATE, on 03 November 2018 - 06:11 PM, said:

I saw Nicky and Adam Smith in the gym the other morning. I will not say which former TV programme came to my mind!

#27 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:15 PM

Yes cos he's going to give up a well paid job at Burnley to come and work for a team heading nowhere fast

View Postdim view, on 03 November 2018 - 06:10 PM, said:

Spot on.
To turn this round, we have to have somebody above MA who cares about CFC.
Carson only attends matches so that he can supervise the security of match takings. That's his job but he'd sooner be at Hillsbro.

MA is on his own. Seven games ago after 2 of our sh111tiest defeats ever he announced a plan to go back to basics, make us hard to beat, and then move on from there. It's a matter of opinion as to whether 7 games is a fair crack but I don't think it can be reasonably argued that his plan is failing.

How many of them did they win ? His plan isn't failing though because he hasn't got one

#28 User is offline   Blue roan lily 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC.

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:19 PM

Be nice to replace the hideous Sweet Caroline with The Boys are Back in Town also

Now that's a good idea. Get rid of that underwhelming Caroline rammel and get a decent song back over the speakers.

#29 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:19 PM

View Postmartatcross, on 03 November 2018 - 06:15 PM, said:

How many of them did they win ? His plan isn't failing though because he hasn't got one

That's not true. He has got one, publicly stated. The argument is about how long the 'hard to beat' phase should reasonably be tolerated.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#30 User is offline   Hoare (400) 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:21 PM

View Postmartatcross, on 03 November 2018 - 05:54 PM, said:

Anyone still behind this halfwit of a manager we have?

Yes Dave Allen

And the happy clappers don't forget them lol.

Hoare (400)

#31 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:24 PM

View Postdim view, on 03 November 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

That's not true. He has got one, publicly stated. The argument is about how long the 'hard to beat' phase should reasonably be tolerated.

1981 was the year 3 points for a win was introduced. Since then managers should be aware that it’s far better to win every other game than draw all of them.

#32 User is offline   malcolmr13 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:26 PM

View Postsophocles, on 03 November 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

Yes, I am as a matter of fact. Firstly, chopping and changing managers demonstrably gets us absolutely nowhere, so it's a waste of time doing it. Secondly, he is slowly making progress IMO. We've stopped losing, and have been very unlucky not to win a couple of recent games. I listened to first half commentary today, and it sounded as if we were at least fighting hard. Then we only missed out on the win because the ref added SEVEN minutes and they scored in the 97th. Now that sounds quite unlucky to me, so I'm prepared to give MA and the players more time to get the wins we really need. Obviously, I stand to be corrected, regarding today's performance, by those who were there.

I agree, the players are battling and the equaliser was hard to take. The manager showed frayed nerves to change formation into a hoof-it attempt to see the game out. I find that understandable yet it might have worked.
What I am clear about is the waste of money and time involved in changing manager yet again.
We will get a win and stay in the division, I believe, but we need an icy resolve from all involved to do it.
Next year, we must show we have really learnt what it takes to get out of this league.

M

#33 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:31 PM

View Postmalcolmr13, on 03 November 2018 - 06:26 PM, said:

1 - What I am clear about is the waste of money and time involved in changing manager yet again.

We will get a win and stay in the division, I believe, but we need an icy resolve from all involved to do it.

Next year, we must show we have really learnt what it takes to get out of this league.

M

1 - in that case, why get rid of Jack; who was poor, and replace him with somebody worse?

2 - we need lots of wins, but our team does not have a list of players with "BnB" - backbone n balls.

3- At the current rate of progress, next year we won't be in this league to try and get out of it.

#34 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:33 PM

View PostPhil V 72, on 03 November 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

Did I read that Paul Hurst is out of a job? Now, he knows a bit about getting out of non league.

I suggested Paul Hurst when Danny Wilson's reign was coming to an end.

Bare in mind, though, depending on the terms of Hurst's pay-off packet from Ipswich, it might not be in his interests to take up a new position too quickly. However, if MA does eventually depart the scene, Hurst would still be top of my list.

#35 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:35 PM

At the current rate of progress, next year we won't be in this league to try and get out of it.
[/quote]
If we were midtable changing manager wouldn't be an issue at all. The problem for me is Allen doesn't know how to halt the slide

#36 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:36 PM

View PostEssex_Spireite, on 03 November 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

I’ll have a pint of what you’re having. Absolutely deluded. 16 games without a win against many part time sides and you think we are making progress.

19 games and we are out of the relegation zone on goal difference. But yeh give him a few more weeks, things will change I’m sure...

Which teams are the "many" part time ones out of interest as I don't know?

#37 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:40 PM

I think, if we score at home, we should play 'We are the Champions of the World'. In full.

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 03 November 2018 - 06:31 PM, said:

1 - in that case, why get rid of Jack; who was poor, and replace him with somebody worse?

2 - we need lots of wins, but our team does not have a list of players with "BnB" - backbone n balls.

3- At the current rate of progress, next year we won't be in this league to try and get out of it.

By that definition, we are not short of Air BnB.
These go to eleven.

#38 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:43 PM

malcolmr13 said:

1541269576[/url]' post='1428287']
I agree, the players are battling and the equaliser was hard to take. The manager showed frayed nerves to change formation into a hoof-it attempt to see the game out. I find that understandable yet it might have worked.
What I am clear about is the waste of money and time involved in changing manager yet again.

M

The way it’s going we will get out of this league this year
A new hope.

#39 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:51 PM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 03 November 2018 - 06:31 PM, said:

Sorry I disagree with point 2. They were battling like mad today, throwing themselves everywhere. Lack of quality yes but not effort.
East stand second class citizen.

#40 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:56 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 03 November 2018 - 06:51 PM, said:

Sorry I disagree with point 2. They were battling like mad today, throwing themselves everywhere. Lack of quality yes but not effort.

You were there and I wasn't, so I'm happy to defer to your judgement. But for all the "effort" we didn't defend a corner.

For all the talk of effort, running round like busy idiots can also be contrasted with sound positioning and reading a game.

Get things like that right and you can become more economical with movement as an individual or unit. Think back to Phil Robinson, or Morsy and Ryan in tandem.

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users