• You cannot reply to this topic

Allen Out

#181 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:54 AM

View PostSpire-Power, on 10 November 2018 - 11:20 PM, said:

Get a grip lad. The high priest of hoof has failed abysmally at this club with a decent budget. He has recruited a poor group of players; a team of so called winners who he has had to try and replace half way through the season cos he has cocked up big time. If he had done his job properly we should have dispatched Billericay at a canter.

Can't argue with that Soph. MA is having to start from scratch mid season and we simply do not score goals. We created enough yesterday but goals get you the result. Me I forecast a loss in the replay.
God I hate this league.

#182 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:57 AM

View PostDIFH, on 12 November 2018 - 08:54 AM, said:

Can't argue with that Soph. MA is having to start from scratch mid season and we simply do not score goals. We created enough yesterday but goals get you the result. Me I forecast a loss in the replay.

He’s only having to start from scratch mid season because he signed the biggest load of **** I’ve ever seen in the summer. It’s hardly like it’s not his fault. He’s clueless

#183 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:05 AM

View PostSpire-Power, on 11 November 2018 - 11:29 PM, said:

He is lucky the fans aren't calling for his head, which is probably down to apathy. I reckon just about everyone has given up on things getting much better.

How insulting. They are far from apathetic. They realise that DA will leave quicker if we don't change manager.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#184 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:19 AM

View PostCFC91, on 12 November 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

He’s only having to start from scratch mid season because he signed the biggest load of **** I’ve ever seen in the summer. It’s hardly like it’s not his fault. He’s clueless
That's my point too.
God I hate this league.

#185 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:01 AM

View PostSpire-Power, on 11 November 2018 - 11:29 PM, said:

He is lucky the fans aren't calling for his head, which is probably down to apathy. I reckon just about everyone has given up on things getting much better.

Rather than apathy, it may be down to the common sense realisation that every time we have changed manager since Cooky left, the end result has been further decline. What's the point in repeating the same futile action?

#186 User is offline   Albert Holmes Slides In 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:47 AM

I'd find a lot of the criticism of Saturday's result easier to take if we had been playing Billericay the FA Vase winners of a few years ago, because that's the level of onfield respect many of our fans are affording them. They are way better than that:-

They've got Callum Kennedy coming off a long, successful EFL career, who we'd certainly sign given the chance.
Then Sam Deering, another experienced player with good EFL experience, a comment which also applies to Howells in midfield.
Up front they've got Jake Robinson perhaps towards the end of a long career, but scoring more goals than ever and then there's Jamie O'Hara as sub and Jay-Emmanuel Thomas in reserve and an ancient keeper in Julian who still seemed to want to know.
(In addition they've a number of players with good non-league credentials.)

If our inability to beat Billericay were to be the final nail in Martin Allen's noisy coffin, which of the players I've named wouldn't be in the running for a game with us if we could afford them? And come to that if you go through the playing strengths of the rest of our division how many could put up seven players against that Billericay seven and think to themselves we're way better, we can handle them?

And that's not even taking into the extraordinarily old-looking Scott Doe, or Moses Emmanuel who scored that cracker, or Ricki Modeste who played a big part in the Dover team when it was doing well. If Billericay were in our division they'd be expecting to be well above us. That's just the truth ...... so if we were going to sack yet another manager why do it after a game in which we were better than a pretty decent team?

(And hey I think Neal Ardley would be a great choice as manager, but whilst sacking an incompetent like Gary Caldwell isn't going to reflect on us, we'll have recently sacked Danny Wilson, who has proved several times he can do the job, Martin Allen to whom the same applies, and Jack Lester, a man we apparently adored ...... We'll look like our owner, a man nobody likes or admires.)

#187 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2018 - 04:54 PM

Bump.

#188 User is online   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 17 November 2018 - 04:55 PM

Presumably we can expect to be told H & W also had eleven players on the pitch and some of them have played football before,

#189 User is offline   Hoare (400) 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2018 - 05:01 PM

The Difference is Martin, all the other sides have good honest hard working men in their sides, who also know how to play a bit of football.

Hoare (400)

#190 User is offline   gordon_brittas 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2018 - 05:04 PM

View PostHoare (400), on 17 November 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

The Difference is Martin, all the other sides have good honest hard working men in their sides, who also know how to play a bit of football.

Hoare (400)

Its a close tie between him and Caldwell at the minute for the most clueless and embarrassing manager of CFC ever...
Management Accepts New Ideas And Criticism...When Im Managaging think MANIAC!!

#191 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 17 November 2018 - 05:38 PM

A gate of 4k might be a more telling factor.
God I hate this league.

#192 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2018 - 05:39 PM

View Postgordon_brittas, on 17 November 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

Its a close tie between him and Caldwell at the minute for the most clueless and embarrassing manager of CFC ever...

He’s far worse than Caldwell

#193 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 17 November 2018 - 05:41 PM

View PostDIFH, on 17 November 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

A gate of 4k might be a more telling factor.

4K crowds are great ‘considering’ everything - The home crowds over the Christmas period will be interesting (especially, if we carry on not winning).
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#194 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 17 November 2018 - 05:42 PM

View PostAlbert Holmes Slides In, on 12 November 2018 - 11:47 AM, said:

I'd find a lot of the criticism of Saturday's result easier to take if we had been playing Billericay the FA Vase winners of a few years ago, because that's the level of onfield respect many of our fans are affording them. They are way better than that:-

They've got Callum Kennedy coming off a long, successful EFL career, who we'd certainly sign given the chance.
Then Sam Deering, another experienced player with good EFL experience, a comment which also applies to Howells in midfield.
Up front they've got Jake Robinson perhaps towards the end of a long career, but scoring more goals than ever and then there's Jamie O'Hara as sub and Jay-Emmanuel Thomas in reserve and an ancient keeper in Julian who still seemed to want to know.

If our inability to beat Billericay were to be the final nail in Martin Allen's noisy coffin, which of the players I've named wouldn't be in the running for a game with us if we could afford them? And come to that if you go through the playing strengths of the rest of our division how many could put up seven players against that Billericay seven and think to themselves we're way better, we can handle them?

And that's not even taking into the extraordinarily old-looking Scott Doe, or Moses Emmanuel who scored that cracker, or Ricki Modeste who played a big part in the Dover team when it was doing well. If Billericay were in our division they'd be expecting to be well above us. That's just the truth ...... so if we were going to sack yet another manager why do it after a game in which we were better than a pretty decent team?

(And hey I think Neal Ardley would be a great choice as manager, but whilst sacking an incompetent like Gary Caldwell isn't going to reflect on us, we'll have recently sacked Danny Wilson, who has proved several times he can do the job, Martin Allen to whom the same applies, and Jack Lester, a man we apparently adored ...... We'll look like our owner, a man nobody likes or admires.)

They've never had Jay Emmanuel-Thomas (JET) Albert

#195 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 17 November 2018 - 06:23 PM

How much longer can we read his drivel and how long are the fans who are still going been subjected to dinosaur tactics. I wouldn't trust him to be able to improve the squad in January clearly it needs someone to realise the quality he bought in was the worst in our history.
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#196 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 17 November 2018 - 06:29 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 17 November 2018 - 05:41 PM, said:

4K crowds are great ‘considering’ everything - The home crowds over the Christmas period will be interesting (especially, if we carry on not winning).

Well the snows due b4 then so it might be a good Xmas.
God I hate this league.

#197 User is offline   Essex_Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2018 - 06:57 PM

View Postmartatcross, on 17 November 2018 - 06:23 PM, said:

How much longer can we read his drivel and how long are the fans who are still going been subjected to dinosaur tactics. I wouldn't trust him to be able to improve the squad in January clearly it needs someone to realise the quality he bought in was the worst in our history.

No transfer windows for our league. We can sign anyone at anytime. But I understand what you mean. Wouldn’t give him another penny to spend.
Essex Spireite

#198 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2018 - 07:16 PM

View PostAlbert Holmes Slides In, on 12 November 2018 - 11:47 AM, said:

WOW!!

#199 User is offline   SALTERGATE 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2018 - 07:20 PM

View Postgordon_brittas, on 17 November 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

Never....Saunders is in pole position.....Dave Allen’s wonderful appointment started the absolute rot

#200 User is offline   Essex_Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2018 - 07:22 PM

Not winning is bad enough but to have a manager come out after each game of not winning and say we are making progress and playing well makes it worse.

I’d rather him come out and say what it is, abysmal. Level on points with the relegation zone. 25 points behind the top team. 12 and a half hours and 1 goal from open play in the league. No league wins since August.
Essex Spireite

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users