• You cannot reply to this topic

Reg Brealey

#281 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:42 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 23 July 2018 - 11:39 AM, said:

Wonder how long Martin Allen would last if he had to work under a Director of Football, especially one with so little experience in the field.

one of dave allen's better moves has been the appointment of martin allen and I say this before a competitive game takes place under the new boss. a new board would do well to leave martin to get on with the job he is employed to do, he does not need a director of football, the football club does not need one, we have a good manager who can do the job, he needs another striker and by the looks of it we have one poised to sign, now if the new boards first act is to stall transfers and install an unnecessary director of football whilst upsetting a manager who has done nothing but impress since he arrived, I for one would want to know why.

MAD DOGS BARMY ARMY

#282 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:58 PM

View PostBlue5, on 24 July 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

Why would Brealey and Chester, two individuals in their winter years want to get involved in football nevermind with our club? May's and Mellish's backgrounds are limited in detail to say the least. Likewise can you think of a credible explanation why Kenworthy would be appointed DoF?

Who in your opinion has lined this lot up and more importantly, why?

1. I'm equally perplexed
2. None whatsoever
3. Dave Allen, don't know but it's as extremely puzzling as it is worrying

#283 User is offline   Toddhopper. 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:01 PM

View Postmoondog, on 24 July 2018 - 08:58 PM, said:

1. I'm equally perplexed
2. None whatsoever
3. Dave Allen, don't know but it's as extremely puzzling as it is worrying

I'm left thinking these people are a front for someone else. But who?

#284 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:03 PM

View PostToddhopper., on 24 July 2018 - 09:01 PM, said:

I'm left thinking these people are a front for someone else. But who?

I'm not so sure if you are going to have a front man/persons he/they would have an air of credibility

#285 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:07 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 24 July 2018 - 07:27 PM, said:

However, after what felt like weeks of silence 'Wrong Kit' has drip-fed...

..'the buyers were waiting until the outcome was known, fearing a points deduction, before deciding to proceed with the deal...it's believed he (Tony Kenworthy) will be Director of Football should the deal go through...the deal includes the ground but DA will have first charge on the stadium until he gets his money and the deal would leave the club debt free...they (this supposed consortium) have provided proof of funds...the sale of the club is far more than £3m...(proof of funds) achieved to the satisfaction of the club solicitors...(AC) may be staying on as Company Secretary until the year end accounts are produced in September with him looking at a November AGM...(appointment of associate directors) is on hold and will be up to the new regime if they want to progress it, same with if they want to appoint Steve Coe'.

Meanwhile that well known ally of the Irish folk duo Biggs said: 'Re #Chesterfieldfc takeover rumours, certainly something afoot. NOT involving Reg Brealey now, as I understand it. The central characters could well include ex #sufc player Tony Kenworthy & ex Blades (& Owls) secretary Dick Chester. All in the balance.'

So it seems any confidentiality agreement is being applied very selectively.

Then of course those 'BB' members you dubbed some sort of know-it-alls indulging in guesswork have quickly uncovered a great deal about Tram Sports Ltd, it's members and their records. Just as 'BB' members have proven pretty goddamn accurate over the last four or more years.

I get it, 'dtp'. Like everyone else you're hoping for the best, hoping this takeover might yet turn out to be what punters are looking for and hoping those stayaways you seemed to taunt (comments well below what I've come to expect from you, my friend) will have every reason to return.

Yet after everything you've been told, everything you've witnessed and everything now slowly emerging surely that light at the end of a long, dark tunnel could really be an oncoming train wreck.

With respect, Chris, AC may well have released certain snippets of information but none that I know of that breach any Confidentiality Agreement. I have previously stated one of AC's major faults is that he doesn't know how to answer a question with the words "no comment".

Bob's Board members have revealed names, yes. Biggs has mentioned names too. But DT's Graham has not - possibly because he doesn't know. Now, is it actually possible.that the names are not known?

I've been critical of goings on but I have not overdramatised them because, more often than not, I don't know enough about it other than what I get from rumour. I asked a question only today as to how did a certain person know something only to be told "someone had told him" - sorry, but that doesn't fill me with confidence and comments like these do this message board no good at all as they are often taken as fact and expanded upon without evidence. Some of these utterances can be as equally misleading as anything which AC is supposed to have said.

Regarding my comments regarding the NAPM brigade I have read repeatedly that they would only return when AC and DA are no longer involved at the Club. It seems, though, that if, as a result of this deal, they are no longer involved then new reasons are being put forward as to why they will remain NAPM. In this matter, Chris, I remain firm, at my age I am too old to wait for owners I can 100% approve off. I've been a fan through the likes of Shentall, Lee, Brown, Hubbard and Allen - can't say any of that lot were totally to my liking. You've been a fan for a number of years - which owner/owners did you approve or were not critical of?

#286 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:13 PM

View Postdtp, on 24 July 2018 - 09:07 PM, said:

I asked a question only today as to how did a certain person know something only to be told "someone had told him" - sorry, but that doesn't fill me with confidence and comments like these do this message board no good at all as they are often taken as fact and expanded upon without evidence. Some of these utterances can be as equally misleading as anything which AC is supposed to have said.

You do understand that a message board is going to have utterances which may or may not be true written upon it, right? And that some people may have information they've obtained from people and that they can't name that person because they have been told it in good faith? And putting a name to it might stop them receiving further information?

Let's be rate, you've not been critical of this regime whatsoever, in fact you've been far more critical of the 'not a penny more' brigade. From what I remember, you've made excuses for our owners somewhat frequently. Why? I've absolutely no idea.

This post has been edited by Goku: 24 July 2018 - 09:15 PM

#287 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:14 PM

With respect, Chris, AC may well have released certain snippets of information but none that I know of that breach any Confidentiality Agreement. I have previously stated one of AC's major faults is that he doesn't know how to answer a question with the words "no comment".

Bob's Board members have revealed names, yes. Biggs has mentioned names too. But DT's Graham has not - possibly because he doesn't know. Now, is it actually possible.that the names are not known?

I've been critical of goings on but I have not overdramatised them because, more often than not, I don't know enough about it other than what I get from rumour. I asked a question only today as to how did a certain person know something only to be told "someone had told him" - sorry, but that doesn't fill me with confidence and comments like these do this message board no good at all as they are often taken as fact and expanded upon without evidence. Some of these utterances can be as equally misleading as anything which AC is supposed to have said.

Regarding my comments regarding the NAPM brigade I have read repeatedly that they would only return when AC and DA are no longer involved at the Club. It seems, though, that if, as a result of this deal, they are no longer involved then new reasons are being put forward as to why they will remain NAPM. In this matter, Chris, I remain firm, at my age I am too old to wait for owners I can 100% approve off. I've been a fan through the likes of Shentall, Lee, Brown, Hubbard and Allen - can't say any of that lot were totally to my liking. You've been a fan for a number of years - which owner/owners did you approve or were not critical of?

I can assure you I would not make up that AC had told me something if he hadn't

#288 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:18 PM

View Postmoondog, on 24 July 2018 - 09:14 PM, said:

This guy is turning into H-Again.

#289 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:27 PM

View PostBlue5, on 24 July 2018 - 09:18 PM, said:

The way they think is very similar. Remain uncritical of the people in charge offering paltry virtue signalling only whilst remaining overly critical of the fan base and things which the fan base do, such as choosing not to go to matches.

#290 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:29 PM

I can understand him being sceptical as he thinks AC has initiated the leak of information, which is not the case on this occasion, not though me anyway, save for some comment on the FA Charge,

He's simpy responded to questions I've put to him after the rumours emerged over the weekend.

I've chosen to share them as I beleive the fans, who are the club, have a right to know what's going on.

#291 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:52 AM

For the record 'dtp' has remained friendly and reasonable throughout our exchanges, both on and off the forum. Nor has he unapologetically smeared fans, players, staff or anyone else.

There's a huge difference between his 'benefit of the doubt' approach and an intentionally offensive troll.

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 25 July 2018 - 06:00 AM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#292 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:56 AM

For the record Graham has named names. https://www.google.c...d-1-9265190/amp

#293 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:34 AM

View Postmoondog, on 24 July 2018 - 09:14 PM, said:

I have accepted everything you have reported at face value, Moondog, and, to my knowledge, never called into question anything you have said.

I want to be clear about that because I respect what you do.

#294 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:41 AM

View Postmoondog, on 24 July 2018 - 09:29 PM, said:

I can understand him being sceptical as he thinks AC has initiated the leak of information, which is not the case on this occasion, not though me anyway, save for some comment on the FA Charge,

He's simpy responded to questions I've put to him after the rumours emerged over the weekend.

I've chosen to share them as I beleive the fans, who are the club, have a right to know what's going on.

No, Moondog, AC is not at the top of my Christmas Card list but I haven't suspected that he has initiated any more leaks than what he has felt at liberty to tell you in answer to your questions and I think he's possibly told you as much as he dare without breaking any confidentiality agreement. I tend to think he might be telling you the truth as well.

#295 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 25 July 2018 - 07:08 AM

You, or any other poster for that matter, certainly doesn’t need to over dramatise anything. It’s panning out quite obviously like many concerned posters have pointed out for quite a while now how it would!
I’ve said for Sometime now that the ridiculous £15m was a keep away price for any genuine buyer. Yet now deals for much much less seem to be taking place with people, who on the face of it, have less money in the bank than me!
East stand second class citizen.

#296 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 25 July 2018 - 07:13 AM

Regarding Carson no longer being involved maybe you should read back up the thread a little!

#297 User is offline   BeastMode 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC, WWE, Tunes n Beer

Posted 25 July 2018 - 07:40 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 25 July 2018 - 07:13 AM, said:

Regarding Carson no longer being involved maybe you should read back up the thread a little!

This comment was made before there was any incline that wrong kit would still be here....!

And he makes a very good point, NAPM was initially established to stay away during Carson and Allen’s reign of glory, is he wrong in the sense that they’ve moved the goalposts?

This post has been edited by BeastMode: 25 July 2018 - 07:42 AM

"There is but a plank between a Sailor and eternity"

#298 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2018 - 07:45 AM

View PostBeastMode, on 25 July 2018 - 07:40 AM, said:

This comment was made before there was any incline that wrong kit would still be here....!

And he makes a very good point, NAPM was initially established to stay away during Carson and Allen’s reign of glory, is he wrong in the sense that they’ve moved the goalposts?

Apologies if I’ve misread the timeline but if Carson is still invoked in anyway then it’s not them that have move the goalposts

#299 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2018 - 07:54 AM

View Postdtp, on 25 July 2018 - 06:34 AM, said:

I have accepted everything you have reported at face value, Moondog, and, to my knowledge, never called into question anything you have said.

I want to be clear about that because I respect what you do.

Fair enough thanks

#300 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2018 - 08:32 AM

I was the one was was “told by someone” but clearly I cannot name names, and understand if you take my comments with a huge pinch of salt.

Like many on here, I know people both at the club and am directly linked to both players and staff too but to name names would not only jeopardise their position but also our friendship and working relationship.

Some stuff I share on here, some I don’t, and some I share, get threatened with legal action and have to remove/retract despite being 100% it’s the truth but without the hard evidence to publish.

Gossip, rumours and opinions are the fabric of this board and it would be a lonely place without it.

Share this topic:

• (27 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users