Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Good News Re Fans Attending - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Good News Re Fans Attending in today's Times newspaper

#1 User is offline   howardb 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 July 2020 - 09:41 AM

Logically this all applies to National League downwards too and we are in a better position than most to socially distance as a result of being all-seater

Fans to return for new Premier League season
Martyn Ziegler, Martin Hardy
Friday July 10 2020, 12.01am, The Times

Premier League clubs are aiming to have fans back for the start of next season with grounds between 30 per cent and 50 per cent full.

All supporters would have to wear face masks to reduce the Covid-19 transmission risk and grounds would open three hours before kick-off, under plans being discussed with government officials and health experts.

The most likely date for next season to start is September 12 and the return of fans would be implemented for every Premier League and EFL club, and for other sports that attract crowds such as rugby union, rugby league and cricket.

Ministers are supportive of that timescale for the return of supporters and would like as many as possible to be allowed in to stadiums, as long as social distancing can be maintained. The RFU has said that the new one-metre social-distancing rule means that it could accommodate 40,000 people at Twickenham, which has 82,000 seats.

The ambition of having 50 per cent of seats occupied is seen at the top end of the scale but the government and the sports authorities are aware of the financial implications — the difference between 30 per cent and 50 per cent could be the difference between a club breaking even or making a loss.

One source involved in the discussions said: “It’s easy to get a decision if you are happy with a small crowd that incurs all the costs but attracts a small fraction of the revenue. It’s harder if you want to at least break even.”

The source added that concerns over the effect of mass sports events on virus infection rates — specifically the Liverpool v Atletico Madrid Champions League match and the Cheltenham Festival in March — means that those involved in the decision-making are being cautious.

A working group has been set up involving the main sports, Jonathan Van-Tam, the deputy chief medical officer for England, as well as the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport.

One issue that the venues will have to iron out involves season-ticket holders — for example, should there be a ballot to decide who attends the games, or should it be on a rota basis?

Under social-distancing rules, people from the same household can sit next to each other but venues would want to be sure that the seats were occupied by the ticket-holder rather than a friend to whom the ticket had been passed.

Some Premier League clubs have held talks with companies about providing a medical health passport for supporters but that has not been part of the government-led discussions about the return of crowds.

As revealed by The Times, the first step for the return of fans would be pilot events, possibly the Community Shield if it goes ahead and women’s sports events including England cricket and the Women’s Super League.

Premier League clubs met yesterday and, though no final decision has been made, are likely to choose September 12 for the start of next season rather than late August to give time for the pilot events to be held.

Horse racing

#2 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2020 - 12:11 PM

If this was the case, then it could easily be adopted at CFC by letting home supporters have access to the North Stand & spreading everyone out evenly across the stadium - Only allow home supporters, having away fans could bring the virus from various parts of the country.

What i do foresee though is that everyone would be surprised with a need for season tickets...i can see more than expected being sold to guarantee watching games - so would probably have to cap season tickets at 3,500/4,000

Be interesting to see how it is all managed & how people buy food/drinks etc!!

#3 User is online   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2020 - 12:45 PM

View PostWaller is my hero, on 10 July 2020 - 12:11 PM, said:

What i do foresee though is that everyone would be surprised with a need for season tickets...i can see more than expected being sold to guarantee watching games - so would probably have to cap season tickets at 3,500/4,000

I think you are getting carried away. Putting to one side the ownership issue and the state of the club both on and off the pitch, what impact will the coronavirus have on demand? Travel arrangements, matchday experience, usual seating arrangements are all at risk of change and cannot be overlooked when assessing how many people might be interested in purchasing a season ticket. Then there's the economic impact to consider...

This post has been edited by Blue5: 10 July 2020 - 12:46 PM

#4 User is offline   tomjoad 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bruce Springsteen Southside Counting Crows Abbot ale and LMS no 8s!

Posted 10 July 2020 - 01:37 PM

No pre match drink, lengthy waiting times to access what is not your chosen seat.Not sitting with your mates,restricted toilet facilities.Lengthy wait to get out.Mmm bet theres a huge demand for that. 😁

#5 User is offline   It's bolted 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2020 - 03:05 PM

View PostWaller is my hero, on 10 July 2020 - 12:11 PM, said:

If this was the case, then it could easily be adopted at CFC by letting home supporters have access to the North Stand & spreading everyone out evenly across the stadium - Only allow home supporters, having away fans could bring the virus from various parts of the country.

Be interesting to see how it is all managed & how people buy food/drinks etc!!

Cap season tickets at 3,500/4,000 😀😀😀

#6 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2020 - 03:11 PM

View PostIt, on 10 July 2020 - 03:05 PM, said:

Cap season tickets at 3,500/4,000 😀😀😀

I’m not saying this will happen but if it came to be that only season ticket holders were guaranteed entry to games next season if we are limited by capacity then we would sell a few more than normal I’m sure.

#7 User is offline   It's bolted 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2020 - 03:22 PM

View PostCFC91, on 10 July 2020 - 03:11 PM, said:

I’m not saying this will happen but if it came to be that only season ticket holders were guaranteed entry to games next season if we are limited by capacity then we would sell a few more than normal I’m sure.

You smoking some good stuff ?

#8 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2020 - 08:50 PM

View PostIt, on 10 July 2020 - 03:22 PM, said:

You smoking some good stuff ?

No I’m fairly grounded in the real world. I’ve not had a ST since 2010 but given the choice of ST or no games I’d buy one potentially. I’m sure there are others in the same place.

I’m keen for some normality and part of that normality for me is going to the pub on a Saturday afternoon with my mates and watching some football.

#9 User is offline   essexspireman 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 July 2020 - 01:50 PM

could matches be streamed live on the internet and charge say £10 per game to watch?

This post has been edited by essexspireman: 11 July 2020 - 01:50 PM

#10 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 July 2020 - 02:02 PM

View Postessexspireman, on 11 July 2020 - 01:50 PM, said:

could matches be streamed live on the internet and charge say £10 per game to watch?

Not for me. I struggle with the matches being televised for nowt now and have hardly been bothered to try and watch any. Those I've attempted to see I've lost interest in with the possible exception of Southampton v Man City.

#11 User is offline   It's bolted 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 July 2020 - 04:07 PM

View PostCFC91, on 10 July 2020 - 08:50 PM, said:

No I’m fairly grounded in the real world. I’ve not had a ST since 2010 but given the choice of ST or no games I’d buy one potentially. I’m sure there are others in the same place.

I’m keen for some normality and part of that normality for me is going to the pub on a Saturday afternoon with my mates and watching some football.

There won't be any normality till they find a vaccine for this pandemic , you can pretend to be living in normality whilst all you are doing is help spreading it .Enjoy your life grounded in the real world .Real world or selfish world ???

#12 User is offline   Spire_78 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:NOYFB

Posted 11 July 2020 - 06:32 PM

It's not a pandemic, it's a manageable epidemic which was only ever going to affect a minuscule proportion of the population.

#13 User is offline   It's bolted 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 July 2020 - 06:55 PM

View PostSpire_78, on 11 July 2020 - 06:32 PM, said:

It's not a pandemic, it's a manageable epidemic which was only ever going to affect a minuscule proportion of the population.

And here's me thinking this is a very serious pandemic , thanks for putting everyones mind at ease .Take it no one close to you has been affected by this miniscule virus .

#14 User is offline   Cheshunt Spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 July 2020 - 07:15 PM

View Postessexspireman, on 11 July 2020 - 01:50 PM, said:

I think this is a good idea. For minimal investment by the club you could potentially have 5,000 people watching from home. Even 1,500 paying online fans a game would be better than nothing.

#15 User is offline   1978blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield Fc , Football in general . Music-Oasis , Queen and Pink Floyd. My Family and gardening.

Posted 11 July 2020 - 07:19 PM

View PostSpire_78, on 11 July 2020 - 06:32 PM, said:

Try telling that to the relatives of loved ones who have been lost to Covid. This isn't something that is going to go away anytime soon.Lets see what the figures are on positive cases in the next couple of weeks when all the people who are back in the pubs and flying away on holidays are taken into account because from what I heard last weekend from different sources there wasn't much social distancing going on after a few pints in the pub.

#16 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 July 2020 - 07:35 PM

View PostIt, on 11 July 2020 - 06:55 PM, said:

And here's me thinking this is a very serious pandemic , thanks for putting everyones mind at ease .Take it no one close to you has been affected by this miniscule virus .

It’s no longer a pandemic- like was said above its now an epidemic

#17 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 11 July 2020 - 07:41 PM

More Brits have died of Covid in six months than civilians in six years of Nazi attacks.

It's killed the most humans since Spanish Flu a hundred years ago.

Virtually every country in the world has entered some sort of lockdown or other.

It's had more impact on the global economy than the bankers' crash.

The very term pandemic is used to describe a continent spanning infection. Which this virus clearly is.

It's still spiralling out of control for lack of a vaccine or treatment.

Despite many government claims there's still no reliable test, trace, track or app in the UK.

Our 'R' rate is going up.

Yet I read this and other threads casually talking of folk sitting in their usual seats amongst their usual companions as if nothing's really happened. As if it's the same choice as boycotting Carson and Co or not. Of a 'manageable' situation only effecting a 'miniscule proportion of the population'.

I cringe in the same way I cringed watching pig-ignorant morons breaking every protocol 'cos the sun was shining...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 11 July 2020 - 07:48 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#18 User is offline   1978blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield Fc , Football in general . Music-Oasis , Queen and Pink Floyd. My Family and gardening.

Posted 11 July 2020 - 07:44 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 11 July 2020 - 07:41 PM, said:

More Brits have died of Covid in six months than civilians in six years of Nazi attacks.

It's killed the most humans since Spanish Flu a hundred years ago. I

Virtually every country in the world has entered some sort of lockdown or other.

It's had more impact on the global economy than the bankers' crash.

The very term pandemic is used to describe a continent spanning infection. Which this virus clearly is.

It's still spiralling out of control for lack of a vaccine or reliable treatment.

Despite many government claims there's still no reliable test, trace, track or app in the UK.

Our 'R' rate is going up.

Yet I read this and other threads casually talking of folk sitting in their usual seats amongst their usual companions as if nothing's really happened. As if it's the same choice of boycotting Carson and Co or not. Of a 'manageable' situation only effecting a 'miniscule proportion of the population'.

I cringe in the same way I cringed watching pig-ignorant morons breaking every protocol 'cos the sun was shining...
I totally agree with everything you have said. Some people are just so ignorant to what is actually going off with Covid across the world.

This post has been edited by 1978blue: 11 July 2020 - 07:48 PM

#19 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:04 PM

View Post1978blue, on 11 July 2020 - 07:44 PM, said:

I totally agree with everything you have said. Some people are just so ignorant to what is actually going off with Covid across the world.

Because they haven't encountered this awful disease they seem oblivious to its effects. I had it early in the pandemic. In my case I thought I was going to die and am still not 100% plus it's left me with damage to my kidneys thankfully only slight. So let the deniers carry on until they get it. Only then will they realise how bad it can be and how wrong they were. For them ignorance seems bliss
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#20 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:28 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 11 July 2020 - 07:35 PM, said:

It’s no longer a pandemic- like was said above its now an epidemic

Yesterday:
Coronavirus pandemic is ‘still accelerating’, WHO director-general warns.
And your evidence is?

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users