• Group: Members

Posted 25 June 2020 - 07:02 PM

Dont cancel the quizzes, its something to look forward to during the week

#122 User is offline   Spireite93 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2020 - 07:37 PM

I too very much enjoy the quizzes despite being about as bad as a Gary Caldwell team at them!

Completely understand though it is based on numbers and the footy on TV as well as trips to the pubs may see them dwindle

#123 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 25 June 2020 - 07:52 PM

I went Chiedozie and got that wrong. Knew he started the game...

I got the other 2 right. The slow reveal ones are still problematic with the time lag because the time can run out before the clues have ended.

#124 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 June 2020 - 09:47 PM

Might be a way to utilise the lounges when lockdown is over, maybe set up some quiz nights.

#125 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 25 June 2020 - 09:54 PM

View Postphiltooleycfss, on 25 June 2020 - 08:18 AM, said:

I think for 17/20 questions, the correct answer was the most popular. The three I remember not being so was the last Q when people jumped in with Zavon Hines, but clue two was 'his first 17 appearances brought no wins' - Zavon scored on the opening day to beat Ebbsfleet, so I assumed that would be the vital clue! Sam Morsy missing the pen at Walsall was another, with villain Liam O'Neil assumed as the misser, whilst the other I predicted a mass of wrong answers, assuming people would think Chiedozie was the newest boy in the 90 POF, Lee Francis seemed to slip in almost unnoticed!

Obviously the weather and the football made a big difference to numbers last night and next week's Qui2 #14 Jack Lester Special will be the last before the pubs open, so I see a review coming on!

Phil

I did the quiz via my tablet for the first time instead of watching via the telly, not sure if it was unique to me but on the Walsall penalty question Morsy was covered up when the question was asked by the You Tube comments (which haven't appeared on the TV) so I went for O'Neil as I like to go for speed and instinct, only when Morsy was revealed to instantly remember the miss, not that it made much difference to a woeful personal performance.

Keep up the good work

#126 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 25 June 2020 - 10:08 PM

I missed the 1st 5 questions has my connection went down, but still enjoyed it. It a good way of keeping the fans in touch with the Club and each other. Well done Nick and Phil, its not about the winning but taking part, its better than watching the crap repeats on tv. Even my wife encourages me to take part and she hates football big style.
lindave

#127 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 June 2020 - 10:49 PM

View Postlindave, on 25 June 2020 - 10:08 PM, said:

I missed the 1st 5 questions has my connection went down, but still enjoyed it. It a good way of keeping the fans in touch with the Club and each other. Well done Nick and Phil, its not about the winning but taking part, its better than watching the crap repeats on tv. Even my wife encourages me to take part and she hates football big style.

It's about the winning too 😉

#128 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:16 AM

Can't believe you got the anagram question wrong?!

Cost you victory, again.

#129 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 02 July 2020 - 01:13 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 02 July 2020 - 07:16 AM, said:

Can't believe you got the anagram question wrong?!

Cost you victory, again.

I was watching football at the same time so rather than read them I just hit a random one.

It was deliberate self-sabotage as I didn't want to win again and make people grumpy.

#130 User is offline   philtooleycfss 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2020 - 08:35 AM

Just an appeal for any of you that is able to, please join in with the Quiz on Wednesday at 8pm; with football on the telly, pubs & restaurants open and the ability to holiday all now present, times are very different to when we had 200 people a week entering back in May. There were 80-odd last week, which is great, and we need to maintain that as a minimum to make the ongoing weekly effort worthwhile. I'm also sure when we can, we'll have a physical quiz at the ground, same format, maybe even a Champion of Champions event, though I'm sure Westbars will claim that title already with three wins!

If you've entered before, thanks, and if you can, go again on Wednesday; if you've not joined us, give it a go, it's all about fun and maintaining a Spireite community.

Cheers

Phil

#131 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 14 July 2020 - 05:00 PM

You can do it with the football on silent for a bit. You don't miss much these days!

#132 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 14 July 2020 - 07:53 PM

I have really enjoyed doing the Quizzes and a big thank you and well done to Phil and Nick. I have not been able to take part for the last few weeks due to an increased workload but will join in when I can.
Have passport will travel

#133 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2020 - 09:05 AM

Had a busy few weeks also but will jump on tonight. Thanks again, Phil!

#134 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 17 July 2020 - 01:31 PM

Last one this coming Wednesday and despite missing the last couple, I wanted to say thanks to Phil and Nick in running these and hopefully they can set up similar 'real-life' ones, once were allowed back in the ground (and the takeover is complete, obviously!) if the appetite is there?

#135 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 17 July 2020 - 03:52 PM

I think numbers could be maintained by making it a monthly thing. Perhaps on a Sunday evening. Once the season commences, perhaps offering tickets as prizes would see 150ish take part everytime.

#136 User is offline   philtooleycfss 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2020 - 05:43 PM

It’s Quiz #17 on Wednesday at 8pm, the last in the very enjoyable series of weekly Spireites interactive multiple choice quizzes. Over 2500 participants and 13 different winners, so let’s go out on a high! There’s a very loosely interpreted theme with the 20 multiple choice interactive questions based on the sentence ‘The last Wednesday at 8 Chesterfield FC Quiz from Nick Johnson and Phil Tooley’ - make of that what you will!! Do your best to join us and see if you can join the Roll of Honour! Zeus, Westbars Spireite (record 3 wins), JWheeler, Bellatrix LeSpireite, Owen, Boca Seniors, Franchise Pilsley (2 wins as CSKA & Eintracht Pilsleys), Carlos, Kevin Wagg (reigning Champion), Christchurch Spireite, Robot Archie, Moondog & KurtCFC. Plenty of podium placed people as well, Leigh, Beachy, LS_Ian, Munday’s Child, M&G, Mr T, Charleyfarley, Traff32, Summerfield Blues, Samba skills, I’m guessing the answers, Southnormo Spireite, PK, Powers Blues, Tfree92, TB CFC 91, Sammy, No Clue & MOSSCFC. Sorry if you were on the podium in the infamous abandoned quiz, after the internet went down, I only had note of the winner!! It’s been a real pleasure - help us go out on a high of you can!! Cheers, Phil & Nick

#137 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2020 - 11:00 AM

Retro shirt up for grabs this evening...
https://www.chesterf...spireites-quiz/

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users