Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Derbyshire Times Latest - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (835 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Derbyshire Times Latest

#8881 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 July 2020 - 08:55 AM

View PostGreenie78, on 08 July 2020 - 05:21 PM, said:

"I am under no illusion of the task in hand" - Former Chesterfield boss John Sheridan back in management
https://www.derbyshi...agement-2908106

Waterford’s chairman is Lee Power, also chairman of Swindon. They are quite ambitious for their league, I think. Nice part of the world.
I’m sure old Irish John will fit right in with the locals.
These go to eleven.

#8882 User is offline   Greenie78 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2020 - 01:27 PM

Chesterfield will find out when they can start training again in upcoming days
https://www.derbyshi...ng-days-2910244

#8883 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 10 July 2020 - 10:40 PM

Strange article that one?
Teams are able to train at the moment if they chose to.

I did hear an awful but sadly true story of a League 2 team who had told their team to do individual fitness sessions by following Joe Wick’s daily YouTube videos 😂😂😂

#8884 User is offline   Greenie78 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:24 AM

'Eoin is a player I know very well' - Ian Evatt makes former Chesterfield striker his first signing at Bolton Wanderers
https://www.derbyshi...nderers-2910859

#8885 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 July 2020 - 12:25 PM

View PostGreenie78, on 11 July 2020 - 08:24 AM, said:

'Eoin is a player I know very well' - Ian Evatt makes former Chesterfield striker his first signing at Bolton Wanderers
https://www.derbyshi...nderers-2910859

At least he isn't going to Mansfield

#8886 User is offline   Greenie78 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 July 2020 - 01:01 PM

'The first club shirt he wore was a Chesterfield one' - tributes paid to World Cup winner Jack Charlton after he dies, aged 85
https://www.derbyshi...aged-85-2910963

#8887 User is offline   Greenie78 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2020 - 11:35 AM

National League clubs could be allowed to fill a third of their stadiums next season - but it would mean no away fans
https://www.derbyshi...-season-2911828

#8888 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:17 PM

View PostGreenie78, on 13 July 2020 - 11:35 AM, said:

National League clubs could be allowed to fill a third of their stadiums next season - but it would mean no away fans
https://www.derbyshi...-season-2911828

How would we do it do you think?

STs + first come first served? (assume we didnt sell 3300 STs?)

#8889 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:44 PM

View PostCFC91, on 13 July 2020 - 01:17 PM, said:

How would we do it do you think?

STs + first come first served? (assume we didnt sell 3300 STs?)

I thought this had been debated sufficiently on the other thread except nobody knows enough to do the maths on seating arrangements to cover STs from the same household being able to sit together, seat spacing to be "one in nine" for single people or "two in fifteen", the natural spacing provided by existing stairways etc. All to fit in with social distancing measures currently in place.

If all STs can be sat in three stands then "first come first served" can sit in the remaining one or remaining left over seats.

The Club will have to do the maths based on the demographics in respect of ST uptake first but targeting 3300 would be a decent number if it can be achieved and, hopefully, within the Trust's financial planning if they are succesful this week.

#8890 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 July 2020 - 05:52 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 10 July 2020 - 10:40 PM, said:

Strange article that one?
Teams are able to train at the moment if they chose to.

I did hear an awful but sadly true story of a League 2 team who had told their team to do individual fitness sessions by following Joe Wick’s daily YouTube videos 😂😂😂

They can only train collectively if they come off furlough. And if they do, who's going to pay them?

#8891 User is online   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 14 July 2020 - 07:13 AM

View Postdtp, on 13 July 2020 - 01:44 PM, said:

I thought this had been debated sufficiently on the other thread except nobody knows enough to do the maths on seating arrangements to cover STs from the same household being able to sit together, seat spacing to be "one in nine" for single people or "two in fifteen", the natural spacing provided by existing stairways etc. All to fit in with social distancing measures currently in place.

If all STs can be sat in three stands then "first come first served" can sit in the remaining one or remaining left over seats.

The Club will have to do the maths based on the demographics in respect of ST uptake first but targeting 3300 would be a decent number if it can be achieved and, hopefully, within the Trust's financial planning if they are succesful this week.

The third of capacity would certainly cover season ticket sales for the last few years whilst also accommodating recent walk-up numbers.

And I'd have no problem with punters prepared to put money in up-front being rewarded for doing so. As long as there IS sufficient overflow for fans who can't do that for whatever reason, though. I also stand by the belief there should be a lottery for available places. Maybe I'm too suspicious but I sense a degree of exceptionalism, the idea that certain folk think their loyalty or relationship with the Club should mean business as usual. All in this together, and all that.

But it all comes back to social distancing. If the all too confused government dictats allow enough individual seats. The extra staff needed to police it. The lack of money making facilities. Longer queues in and out. Alongside what happens to the testing station blocking the entire south stand and several gates elsewhere.

We've been debating this for several weeks yet workable solutions seem as absent as ever.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#8892 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 14 July 2020 - 07:57 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 14 July 2020 - 07:13 AM, said:

The third of capacity would certainly cover season ticket sales for the last few years whilst also accommodating recent walk-up numbers.

And I'd have no problem with punters prepared to put money in up-front being rewarded for doing so. As long as there IS sufficient overflow for fans who can't do that for whatever reason, though. I also stand by the belief there should be a lottery for available places. Maybe I'm too suspicious but I sense a degree of exceptionalism, the idea that certain folk think their loyalty or relationship with the Club should mean business as usual. All in this together, and all that.

But it all comes back to social distancing. If the all too confused government dictats allow enough individual seats. The extra staff needed to police it. The lack of money making facilities. Longer queues in and out. Alongside what happens to the testing station blocking the entire south stand and several gates elsewhere.

We've been debating this for several weeks yet workable solutions seem as absent as ever.

Yep. The views in the article are the ones of one NL team owner - a mate of Carson's. There's no reference by him of who might be driving the groundwork or presenting official recommendations.

Let's get this show on the road on the back of global scientific advice, government backing, proper costings, and pilots.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#8893 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 14 July 2020 - 10:12 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 14 July 2020 - 07:13 AM, said:

And I’ve yet to see anyone on here offer a solution for the many clubs in our league with far more standing room than seating. We will need someone to play against. Unless it’s Fylde every week.

#8894 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2020 - 01:17 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 14 July 2020 - 10:12 AM, said:

And I've yet to see anyone on here offer a solution for the many clubs in our league with far more standing room than seating. We will need someone to play against. Unless it's Fylde every week.

It's simple. They will have to budget on the basis of the numbers they can allow in. If club X says we can only get 200 in they will definitely have to be fully semi pro, or decide not to compete at all. The gravy will be thinner at every club.

#8895 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 14 July 2020 - 01:42 PM

View Postboot, on 14 July 2020 - 01:17 PM, said:

It's simple. They will have to budget on the basis of the numbers they can allow in. If club X says we can only get 200 in they will definitely have to be fully semi pro, or decide not to compete at all. The gravy will be thinner at every club.

Realistically such clubs will ensure the league doesn't restart without them. In any event, the NL will be led by the EFL, its pointless the NL starting out of sync with the lower leagues. I see the only ones commenting on the speculation are local journos (also same press owner) of the 'bigger' clubs. I would think its all in the head of the Fylde owner.

#8896 User is offline   Greenie78 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2020 - 04:52 PM

New era beckons at Chesterfield FC as two councils agree to provide loans for takeover deal
https://www.derbyshi...er-deal-2913563

#8897 User is offline   Greenie78 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2020 - 11:10 AM

'Cautious elation' - Chesterfield fans react as takeover edges closer after councils agree to provide loans
https://www.derbyshi...e-loans-2914090

#8898 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 16 July 2020 - 07:14 AM

View PostGreenie78, on 15 July 2020 - 11:10 AM, said:

'Cautious elation' - Chesterfield fans react as takeover edges closer after councils agree to provide loans
https://www.derbyshi...e-loans-2914090

Hi Greenie

Could you tell us exactly when the 5 days expires please?
Presumably the DCC decision was made some time ago so their 5 days has long gone?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#8899 User is offline   Greenie78 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2020 - 04:57 PM

Hi Dim View, it is five calendar days. The decision was made Tuesday so the call-in would need to be triggered by Sunday. I'm told the decision was unanimous so a call-in is not expected. You are correct about DCC. Cheers.

#8900 User is offline   Greenie78 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2020 - 04:59 PM

'You never know, it could be quite fun' - Chesterfield FC takeover will bring new hope but there will be challenges along the way
https://www.derbyshi...ong-way-2915334

Share this topic:

• (835 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users