• You cannot reply to this topic

Online Tickets

#21 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 July 2019 - 10:11 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 15 July 2019 - 04:37 PM, said:

Contrast all this with getting tickets for the game I'm going to Sat'di - Derbyshire v Yorkshire.

DCCC send me regular updates and offers (as do other counties I've bought tickets from) - do Town do that? They used to 'cos a mate who held an event at the stadium received them, but that stopped when Gary Cook left. Surely it's just what any modern business should do.

Anyway, when tickets became available I simply went to their site, bought 'em, then got 'em through the post a couple of days later.

Pretty straightforward stuff so why can't CFC do the same?

It could be interesting Saturday so hold your horses

Members get in free for the 20/20 but have to pay a £10 deposit which they claim back, so prepare for chaos if today is any indication. Took the old duffer 5 attempts to scan my membership card with his shaky hands. I payed my deposit by cash hoping that a cash transaction might be simpler. If you payed by card they have to credit your card - should be interesting.

Even worse news, The Brampton Beer tent was shut Sunday because thugs (flog them) had emptied the barrels and it was raided again last night causing more problems - the guy behind the bar was livid at Derbyshire CCC inaction

This post has been edited by azul: 15 July 2019 - 10:25 PM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#22 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:18 AM

View Posth again, on 15 July 2019 - 06:18 PM, said:

Congratulations on your promotion to the Churl of Esterfield.

I have to say I've never had a moments bother either buying online and printing, or ringing up and getting them sent. Easiest thing in the world.

That's for Derbyshire games - right?

'Cos why would the bloke who braggs how his season ticket makes him superior to others need to print off Town tickets?
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#23 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:25 AM

View Postazul, on 15 July 2019 - 10:11 PM, said:

Even worse news, The Brampton Beer tent was shut Sunday because thugs (flog them) had emptied the barrels and it was raided again last night causing more problems - the guy behind the bar was livid at Derbyshire CCC inaction

Wow - this puts all the scandals at CFC into some kinda perspective!

#24 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:51 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 16 July 2019 - 05:25 AM, said:

Wow - this puts all the scandals at CFC into some kinda perspective!

Indeed it does - but I’d also call out the younger generations (anyone below 70) - flogging is too good for them

#25 User is offline   charleyfarley11 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:09 AM

steve coe emailed me back within in 10 minutes emailed the ticket over so all sorted. impressed with quick reply

#26 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:18 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 15 July 2019 - 04:37 PM, said:

Contrast all this with getting tickets for the game I'm going to Sat'di - Derbyshire v Yorkshire.

DCCC send me regular updates and offers (as do other counties I've bought tickets from) - do Town do that? They used to 'cos a mate who held an event at the stadium received them, but that stopped when Gary Cook left. Surely it's just what any modern business should do.

Anyway, when tickets became available I simply went to their site, bought 'em, then got 'em through the post a couple of days later.

Pretty straightforward stuff so why can't CFC do the same?

I'm probably the main sort of target they should be pushing to get back to be honest...had season tickets in the past, been a regular ticket buyer including online in the past but i've just stopped going in the last few seasons for a variety of reasons. Not once have the club done something to try and get me back in terms of emails pushing ticket availability, news on ticket offers for games that we've had and things like that. You'd think that there would be some way of identifying folk who are registered but not using the system or even just all registered online ticketing accounts and email campaigns being sent out to them.

#27 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2019 - 12:25 PM

View PostJonB, on 16 July 2019 - 11:18 AM, said:

I'm probably the main sort of target they should be pushing to get back to be honest...had season tickets in the past, been a regular ticket buyer including online in the past but i've just stopped going in the last few seasons for a variety of reasons. Not once have the club done something to try and get me back in terms of emails pushing ticket availability, news on ticket offers for games that we've had and things like that. You'd think that there would be some way of identifying folk who are registered but not using the system or even just all registered online ticketing accounts and email campaigns being sent out to them.

I don't think we have a marketing or CRM team, if we do they aren;t very good to be honest.

Within the data base they should have a reckon of active, inactive and registered not transacted customers as well as a comms flow for new customers etc. All it would take it weekly / fortnightly emails tailored to those different groups with slightly different messages pushing all things from fixtures, to the shop. Even survey's to customers who haven't transacted are fairly easy to run - find out why they've stopped, what it would take for them to come back etc.

It's simple stuff in my eyes. Don't even have to offer them anything, just a simple reminder / BAU email / text would be suffice to get some fan back in.

That's assuming the back end data for the site is in a workable format that can segment the customer base in a simple form..

#28 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 16 July 2019 - 01:14 PM

View Postcharleyfarley11, on 16 July 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

steve coe emailed me back within in 10 minutes emailed the ticket over so all sorted. impressed with quick reply

Any indication of what went wrong or is it just accepted that our online ticket system is manumatic?

#29 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2019 - 01:36 PM

View PostCFC91, on 16 July 2019 - 12:25 PM, said:

I don't think we have a marketing or CRM team, if we do they aren;t very good to be honest.

Within the data base they should have a reckon of active, inactive and registered not transacted customers as well as a comms flow for new customers etc. All it would take it weekly / fortnightly emails tailored to those different groups with slightly different messages pushing all things from fixtures, to the shop. Even survey's to customers who haven't transacted are fairly easy to run - find out why they've stopped, what it would take for them to come back etc.

It's simple stuff in my eyes. Don't even have to offer them anything, just a simple reminder / BAU email / text would be suffice to get some fan back in.

That's assuming the back end data for the site is in a workable format that can segment the customer base in a simple form..

You do need templates for those emails - which someone has to write or you pay someone to write them. Then of course we would need to make sure that we had the appropriate approval to electronically commute with customers under GDPR and the electronic comms legislation - which has to be managed and understood. We may take advantage of the previous customer so its ok to write rule - but that is likely to disappear soon....

I spent £200 plus on corporate tickets when we played Luton in year we were relegated from the football league... I havent had a comms inviting me to do likewise since. Mind I also got take to the lounges for a fathers day lunch 5 years ago and pretty sure we havent heard from that function since either!
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#30 User is offline   charleyfarley11 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2019 - 02:51 PM

View Postazul, on 16 July 2019 - 01:14 PM, said:

Any indication of what went wrong or is it just accepted that our online ticket system is manumatic?

not sure just didnt get the email with the ticket on originally for some reason!

#31 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2019 - 04:06 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 16 July 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

You do need templates for those emails - which someone has to write or you pay someone to write them. Then of course we would need to make sure that we had the appropriate approval to electronically commute with customers under GDPR and the electronic comms legislation - which has to be managed and understood. We may take advantage of the previous customer so its ok to write rule - but that is likely to disappear soon....

I spent £200 plus on corporate tickets when we played Luton in year we were relegated from the football league... I havent had a comms inviting me to do likewise since. Mind I also got take to the lounges for a fathers day lunch 5 years ago and pretty sure we havent heard from that function since either!

Ideally you'd have all of this within the database - flags on whether a customer has / hasn't opted in or out of marketing communications and / or profiling under GDPR. You'd obviously have to exclude as and where necessary but a simple data base containing basic information on the type of customer / frequency of recency or purchase / purchase type etc would work.

I bought tickets from Solilhull Moors and Maidenhead for away games last season and get all sorts of fairly well put together emails. I don't think it's really that hard to implement, if you cared as much and the commercial benefits of a functional CRM system outweight any outlay in setting up.

This post has been edited by CFC91: 16 July 2019 - 04:07 PM

#32 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:38 PM

View PostCFC91, on 16 July 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

Ideally you'd have all of this within the database - flags on whether a customer has / hasn't opted in or out of marketing communications and / or profiling under GDPR. You'd obviously have to exclude as and where necessary but a simple data base containing basic information on the type of customer / frequency of recency or purchase / purchase type etc would work.

I bought tickets from Solilhull Moors and Maidenhead for away games last season and get all sorts of fairly well put together emails. I don't think it's really that hard to implement, if you cared as much and the commercial benefits of a functional CRM system outweight any outlay in setting up.

They have an Ass' D' who boasted he'd deliver better for less when Carson handed him the IT gig.

They have another who boasted 'superior knowledge' of GDPR on these very pages.

Yet CFC can't manage what Derbyshire, Solihull and Maidenhead can...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 16 July 2019 - 05:47 PM

#33 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:27 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 16 July 2019 - 05:38 PM, said:

They have an Ass' D' who boasted he'd deliver better for less when Carson handed him the IT gig.

They have another who boasted 'superior knowledge' of GDPR on these very pages.

Yet CFC can't manage what Derbyshire, Solihull and Maidenhead can...

I have considered that most of the associate directors were successful applicants based on their levels of stupidity and ability to bottom creep and to date I consider my assessment to be an accurate one.

#34 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 21 July 2019 - 01:38 PM

To follow up on the DCCC ticketing stuff, they've today sent two more e-mails supplying interviews, match reports and video then enquiring how my day in the park went? All alongside an offer of more discounted tickets.

Now this is pretty simple stuff. Okay, it might not convince me to attend more games but, well, it helps.

So given the appeals for 'positive' posts on here why can't CFC do summat similar? I seem to remember them insisting fans supply other details when buying tickets - so why not an e-mail address to seek feed-back? To push possible deals? To at least give the impression we're not just mug punters? Surely they do that to customers taking out lounge packages...don't they?

And hey, the most positive thing of all was seeing an attractive, well maintained and sold out arena full of folk watching their team beat a Yorkshire outfit in what's becoming a traditional manner.

Y'know, in the same way we used to do that to some other Yorkshire outfit...

#35 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 21 July 2019 - 01:42 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 21 July 2019 - 01:38 PM, said:

To follow up on the DCCC ticketing stuff, they've today sent two more e-mails supplying interviews, match reports and video then enquiring how my day in the park went? All alongside an offer of more discounted tickets.

Now this is pretty simple stuff. Okay, it might not convince me to attend more games but, well, it helps.

So given the appeals for 'positive' posts on here why can't CFC do summat similar? I seem to remember them insisting fans supply other details when buying tickets - so why not an e-mail address to seek feed-back? To push possible deals? To at least give the impression we're not just mug punters? Surely they do that to customers taking out lounge packages...don't they?

And hey, the most positive thing of all was seeing an attractive, well maintained and sold out arena full of folk watching their team beat a Yorkshire outfit in what's becoming a traditional manner.

Y'know, in the same way we used to do that to some other Yorkshire outfit...

Maybe the simple answer is they don't have the staff now and/or don't value this proactive approach.
God I hate this league.

#36 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 21 July 2019 - 08:02 PM

View PostDIFH, on 21 July 2019 - 01:42 PM, said:

Maybe the simple answer is they don't have the staff now and/or don't value this proactive approach.

Do DCCC have more or less staff than Town?

Do they have a bloke paid to sort out their IT?

Because if I were Graham Bean I'd be telling Coe to take a humility pill - a damn big one - then phone Derbyshire to discover how they do stuff Town don't.

Assuming the second part of your reply - they don't give a flying fornication - isn't simply the case, of course...

#37 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 21 July 2019 - 08:55 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 16 July 2019 - 05:18 AM, said:

That's for Derbyshire games - right?

'Cos why would the bloke who braggs how his season ticket makes him superior to others need to print off Town tickets?

I've bought tickets for cup games, friendlies etc. over the phone or via the website for years. Never any problem. Try to keep up.
As for bragging about having a season ticket, you're on planet Zog again. Never entered my head it might be anything to brag about, but find the relevant post and let's see if the the Churl of Esterfield can back up his fantasies.

#38 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2019 - 07:55 AM

View Posth again, on 21 July 2019 - 08:55 PM, said:

I've bought tickets for cup games, friendlies etc. over the phone or via the website for years. Never any problem. Try to keep up.
As for bragging about having a season ticket, you're on planet Zog again. Never entered my head it might be anything to brag about, but find the relevant post and let's see if the the Churl of Esterfield can back up his fantasies.

Edit, attachment thingy not working

This post has been edited by clarevoyant.: 22 July 2019 - 08:03 AM

Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#39 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2019 - 07:49 PM

View Posth again, on 21 July 2019 - 08:55 PM, said:

'Who? (Managers Available)': 11/9/17

'Season ticket? Of course I've got one. The people who've bought them are doing a lot more for the Club than you.'

'Worst Time Ever': 4/11/18

'...3000 people showed a bit of faith by buying season tickets - those are the good people of Chesterfield who you're so keen to bring into the frame whenever it suits your agenda. The fans have been incredible - a standing rebuke to you and your half dozen NAPM warriors.'

Well as requested here're two easily found examples of you doing summat that supposedly never enters your head.

Including a particularly twisted taunt you can't possibly know's true or not (by the way, even if there are only half a dozen of the 'NAPM' persuasion it's still six more than your recent 'no one's staying away 'cos of off field stuff' assertion}.

Now, as this is the latest of countless occasions you've accused myself and others of making false claims (yeah, I know, the irony), and messageboard members are clearly sick of your trolling, I'm gonna request a simple apology from you.

Don't worry, I'm not gonna report you to the mod's then lie to deny it or owt - you have to be lower than a snakes' knackers to pull stunts like that - but I will PM you this post so you can't pretend to've missed it.

Again.

PS: don't you think silly re-arrangements of my username are a little childish?

#40 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:10 PM

Well he's not likely to stop now at 80!

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic