Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: An Audience With Ashley Carson. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

An Audience With Ashley Carson.

#21 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:20 PM

View Posts43spire, on 23 March 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

Genuine question to you, why would Dave Allen let you or anyone look at his company books and why should he .

To restore trust and to show nothing untoward was going on, which is not the impression formed by "general increases"

#22 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:24 PM

View Posts43spire, on 23 March 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

Genuine question to you, why would Dave Allen let you or anyone look at his company books and why should he .

It is my understanding that AC originally made that offer to Moondog.

#23 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:44 PM

View PostLightning Striker, on 23 March 2017 - 06:26 PM, said:

Well you DIDN'T read my posting because I put on HERE that BB members were invited if they were on FB and if not just contact David Lilley

But they wouldn't know that the members of Facebook would be BB members. If he wants BB members to be a part of it why not ask for people on BB?
It's like advertising a job in the for sale ads.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#24 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:49 PM

It's a completely pointless exercise. Carson wants the meeting to discuss match day experience and the like. Wants ideas on how to improve things and get more folk through the gates. He has said it won't be for questions about any issues or scandal.

#25 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:02 PM

View Posthilly81, on 23 March 2017 - 07:49 PM, said:

It's a completely pointless exercise. Carson wants the meeting to discuss match day experience and the like. Wants ideas on how to improve things and get more folk through the gates. He has said it won't be for questions about any issues or scandal.

Well in that case it's easy... Tell him that more folk will come through the gates if him and Allen both **** ***!
#notapennymore

#26 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:05 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 23 March 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

Well in that case it's easy... Tell him that more folk will come through the gates if him and Allen both **** ***!

Both are desperate to get out the club.

To quote the X Files - "The truth is out there"
If only....

#27 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:16 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 23 March 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

Correct, but he was referring to current books, meaning the management accounts produced by Shorts, he backed away when I asked to compare them alongside those of the previous regime with the assistance of a qualified accountant.

#28 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:47 PM

View Postmoondog, on 23 March 2017 - 08:16 PM, said:

Correct, but he was referring to current books, meaning the management accounts produced by Shorts, he backed away when I asked to compare them alongside those of the previous regime with the assistance of a qualified accountant.

It makes you wander what they are trying to hide
Have passport will travel

#29 User is offline   s43spire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:01 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 23 March 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

ok thanks mmm

View PostBenno Spire, on 23 March 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

It makes you wander what they are trying to hide

certainly looks that way

View Postmoondog, on 23 March 2017 - 07:20 PM, said:

To restore trust and to show nothing untoward was going on, which is not the impression formed by "general increases"

thanks

#30 User is offline   Wooly 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:35 PM

It sounds like it may as well be "An Audience with Frank Carson"

it's the way I tell em
Choo Choo

#31 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:47 PM

There already was a reasonably regular arrangement in place, attended by fair minded fans, yet it was pretty much cancelled when questions became too awkward.

Nowt stopping AC reviving that format if he now desires, though.

Then let's remember he received a raft of questions before the 'clear the air' get-together Les Ashmore arranged in November, questions which to my knowledge still haven't been adequately addressed, whilst some of that evening's responses failed to tally with subsequent revelations.

And as 'Moondog' has said, there's also been an open invitation to either discuss issues on here or through the trusted and respected moderator that he is. Yet Carson has chosen to terminate all communication with both.

Meanwhile even the AGM saw shareholders and proxy representatives fail to be told the whole truth.

Bottom line is that Ashley Carson has had numerous opportunities to engage honestly with supporters.

I'm convinced this latest exercise is merely a PR stunt on his own terms, with a cynically vetted attendee list, and any questions that venture beyond the petty stifled by sycophants.

Prove me wrong AC and 'Lilley Land'.

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 23 March 2017 - 10:48 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#32 User is offline   Mrhappy 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:59 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 23 March 2017 - 10:47 PM, said:

There already was a reasonably regular arrangement in place, attended by fair minded fans, yet it was pretty much cancelled when questions became too awkward.

Then let's remember he received a raft of questions before the 'clear the air' get-together Les Ashmore arranged in November, questions which to my knowledge still haven't been adequately addressed, whilst some of that evening's responses failed to tally with subsequent revelations.

And as 'Moondog' has said, there's also been an open invitation to either discuss issues on here or through the trusted and respected moderator that he is. Yet Carson has chosen to terminate all communication with both.

Meanwhile even the AGM saw shareholders and proxy representatives fail to be told the whole truth.

Bottom line is that Ashley Carson has had numerous opportunities to engage honestly with supporters.

I'm convinced this latest exercise is merely a PR stunt on his own terms, with a cynically vetted attendee list, and any questions that venture beyond the petty stifled by sycophants.

They won't!!

#33 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:23 PM

Is it just me or does the circle of attendees become more and more selective as the net closes.
1. A fans forum involving a wide cross section of fans to meet on a regular basis at the Proact with minutes to be posted as routine.
When it starts to become clear all is not well, and answers start to be questioned, the group meet less and less frequently until the meetings virtually stop without any announcement.
2. Relations with fans start to reach new lows with select fans probing deeper with genuine concerns about many issues that, to say the least, raise eyebrows. Communications with supporters asking these questions take place both privately and face to face. It's then decided that a new fans forum with invited folk from BB, the Bridge Inn and the Supporters club take place. At this forum BB members ask questions that the other groups couldn't, or wouldn't ask, and the answers are vague to,say the least, maybe even untruthful. This is then followed by DA leaving the AGM, behind the scenes boardroom upheaval and nationwide coverage of the financial mess CFC has become.
3. The reconvened AGM is nothing short of a farce, the ex CEO, and very briefly, new DoF is, so I was personally told by the chair, working away and unable to attend, when AC himself later admits he told CT to stay away. The chair seems to treat the event as some sort of stand up routine and nothing st all is cleared up.
4. AC seemingly cuts all communications with BB and people he previously communicated with, the only explanation to this is quite simply that he cannot legitimately answer the genuine and real concerns that are not only posed, but backed up, to him on an almost daily basis.
5. With his list of allies dwindling he makes another attempt to "build bridges" with a face book page that has the apparent joining criteria of North Korea, i.e..suck up or ship out, and with all due respect to that group they either cannot or will not ask the questions that desperately need answers, and we are told this is transparency.
Finally it seems AC has asked Lord Dave to say a few words to us mortals in this weekends programme, that means a couple of hundred might read it eh?, to reassure us all is well.....
Well Ashley, it doesn't wash anymore, like I said on Peak a few weeks ago, a house of cards always falls and this house of cards is swaying violently and I for one can't wait to see it fall, as long as it takes the builders with it!
So have your little tete ta tete and get your plaudits and back scratched, sorry slapped, those of us with any sense can smell the coffee, or rather the stench. Tick tock, tick tock.
East stand second class citizen.

#34 User is offline   s43spire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:29 PM

Lilley land won't prove you wrong ,I have never ever read so much Bunkum In my life all they seam to say is very well said David ,extremely well said David doing my head in just don't want to say anything at the moment as the gestapo will ban me and it's another source of lies I mean information

#35 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:46 AM

View Posts43spire, on 23 March 2017 - 11:29 PM, said:

Lilley land won't prove you wrong ,I have never ever read so much Bunkum In my life all they seam to say is very well said David ,extremely well said David doing my head in just don't want to say anything at the moment as the gestapo will ban me and it's another source of lies I mean information

The fact that Ashley Carson finds Facebook a more suitable platform is damning for him.

I see one or two on there have suggested that CFC should do a Rochdale or a Bury in terms of season ticket pricing. In order to do that however, the club would need to slash its overheads so dramatically to ensure it was no longer reliant upon charging season tickets out at the current rate plus £2M in transfer fees just to keep its head above water!

This post has been edited by freelander2: 24 March 2017 - 07:06 AM

#36 User is offline   RikShaw 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:04 AM

A complete waste of time. I imagine their objective is to spin some positive PR as per DA writing in this weekend's matchday programme. ST renewals (or the lack of them) are hopefully hitting them where it hurts and may just lead to them cutting their losses and selling for a more realistic price.

This post has been edited by Maverick: 24 March 2017 - 07:23 AM

#37 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:33 AM

View Postfreelander2, on 24 March 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

The fact that Ashley Carson finds Facebook a more suitable platform is damning for him.

I see one or two on there have suggested that CFC should do a Rochdale or a Bury in terms of season ticket pricing. In order to do that however, the club would need to slash its overheads so dramatically to ensure it was no longer reliant upon charging season tickets out at the current rate plus £2M in transfer fees just to keep its head above water!

The fb group in the main contains folks who have no business acumen; folks who have very little funds and then those who just think everything is OK and the club can TEST such ticketing strategies without their being a downside.

The club currently could not tempt me to buy a ST irrespective of price.
God I hate this league.

#38 User is offline   Looker-on 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:31 AM

Not the first time that "Carson" and "Stunt" have cropped up in the same conversation, but that's an entirely different thread!
It's nice to be able to Trust again.

#39 User is offline   Billy Bob 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:06 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 24 March 2017 - 07:33 AM, said:

The fb group in the main contains folks who have no business acumen; folks who have very little funds and then those who just think everything is OK and the club can TEST such ticketing strategies without their being a downside.

in the main maybe.....but not all of us :-)

#40 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:22 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 24 March 2017 - 07:33 AM, said:

DAVID REALLY WHEN WE SAW ONE ANOTHER LAST HOME GAME YOU SAID SANDRA HAD BOUGHT U ONE FOR URE BIRTHDAY , , BET U FORGOT TELLING ME

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users