Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: An Audience With Ashley Carson. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

An Audience With Ashley Carson.

#1 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:44 PM

I have been quite vocal in a fair few threads about how you shouldn't be "shot down in flames" everytime you have announced anything to do with the club. I've felt that you were trying your best to open up a rapport with the supporters in order to build bridges that have been burned by both DA and CT.
Until now.
I have just seen on the Facebook page that you want to start a fans forum again with a group of 20 carefully chosen Facebook readers. What kind of cowardly act of public relations is that? Where's the Bobs board invite Ashley? I've stuck up for you against people who said all along that whatever you do is a PR exercise, got myself shot down in flames for it then you go and do the most see through let's not make it too hard for me offer of a fans forum. If you want to appease the supporters then spread the invite out through all forms of social media and answer all questions asked of you rather than getting somebody to hand pick your audience cos that's all your after with this. An audience with Ashley Carson.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#2 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 23 March 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

I have been quite vocal in a fair few threads about how you shouldn't be "shot down in flames" everytime you have announced anything to do with the club. I've felt that you were trying your best to open up a rapport with the supporters in order to build bridges that have been burned by both DA and CT.
Until now.
I have just seen on the Facebook page that you want to start a fans forum again with a group of 20 carefully chosen Facebook readers. What kind of cowardly act of public relations is that? Where's the Bobs board invite Ashley? I've stuck up for you against people who said all along that whatever you do is a PR exercise, got myself shot down in flames for it then you go and do the most see through let's not make it too hard for me offer of a fans forum. If you want to appease the supporters then spread the invite out through all forms of social media and answer all questions asked of you rather than getting somebody to hand pick your audience cos that's all your after with this. An audience with Ashley Carson.

He has invited BB members too. I read it on the FB page

#3 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:51 PM

View Postdanblue, on 23 March 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

He has invited BB members too. I read it on the FB page

I've not seen anything on here.
If he was reaching out to here you'd think he'd post up on here, besides if he's gonna get a bloke off of the Facebook page to pick who goes then he ain't gonna come onto here and pick any of us is he? PR stunt through and through.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#4 User is offline   Heart of a Niven 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:55 PM

Yeah but it will be hand chosen by Carson, so what's the point. He'll only take those who spend so much time blowing smoke up his 'arris that they don't notice the lies, deceit and utter BS coming out of the other end on behalf of his handler.
I wouldn't waste your time, unless you want to be on the end of his trademark dismissive smirk everytime he gets a question he doesn't like.

#5 User is offline   BigBlue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:02 PM

Yes it will be a meeting of the A Carson fan club, Ashley will be bringing photos from his recent holiday to Thailand and generally banging on about how God like he is....

#6 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:11 PM

Took you long enough to come around to everyone else's line of thought metallilad! The sooner Allen and his lap dog are gone from the club the better.
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#7 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:32 PM

View PostHeart of a Niven, on 23 March 2017 - 04:55 PM, said:

Yeah but it will be hand chosen by Carson, so what's the point. He'll only take those who spend so much time blowing smoke up his 'arris that they don't notice the lies, deceit and utter BS coming out of the other end on behalf of his handler.
I wouldn't waste your time, unless you want to be on the end of his trademark dismissive smirk everytime he gets a question he doesn't like.

Put the 'big hitter's names of Bobs Board forward and if the get rejected, we know it's a load of tosh

#8 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:41 PM

Futile exercise joining the fans forum in an effort to get answers to the many questions posed on here. Save yourself the bother as you'll only end up being more frustrated. You either believe the fault for our troubles is down to Chris Turner or Chris Turner is a patsy and the man looking to build bridges was the one who destroyed them in the first place.
If only....

#9 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:48 PM

Hope it's as funny as An audience with Billy Connolly

#10 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:05 PM

If he won't answer the big question as to exactly where the money has gone, i.e. the vastly increased costs in running the club since 2012, which doesn't require a forum to properly answer, then I see no point in the meeting. He wants business as usual but it never can be as far as I'm concerned.

#11 User is offline   Lightning Striker 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:26 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 23 March 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

I've not seen anything on here.
If he was reaching out to here you'd think he'd post up on here, besides if he's gonna get a bloke off of the Facebook page to pick who goes then he ain't gonna come onto here and pick any of us is he? PR stunt through and through.

Well you DIDN'T read my posting because I put on HERE that BB members were invited if they were on FB and if not just contact David Lilley

View PostHeart of a Niven, on 23 March 2017 - 04:55 PM, said:

Ashley has asked David Lilley to pick the members of the new group

#12 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:38 PM

View PostLightning Striker, on 23 March 2017 - 06:26 PM, said:

Well you DIDN'T read my posting because I put on HERE that BB members were invited if they were on FB and if not just contact David Lilley

So basically it'll be just lickspittles then?

#13 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:39 PM

View Postmoondog, on 23 March 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

If he won't answer the big question as to exactly where the money has gone, i.e. the vastly increased costs in running the club since 2012, which doesn't require a forum to properly answer, then I see no point in the meeting. He wants business as usual but it never can be as far as I'm concerned.

Even if he answered, would you believe what he had to say?
If only....

#14 User is offline   Mrhappy 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:44 PM

View PostLightning Striker, on 23 March 2017 - 06:26 PM, said:

Oh that's interesting because SS was told by David Lilley that.....,,,,,'He lost states he has no control over who is picked, and his committee will submit a list to AC for approval, prior to the forums taking place'.

To save confusion the above is a quote taken from Sammy's post on the OT.

#15 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:51 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 23 March 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

Until now.

Out of the nine Bob's Board members who attended the forum on the 9th November, I believe at least the following members would be excluded from the planned forum for not being part of the Facebook group:

MDCCCLXVI
60s/70s Spireite
Mr Mercury
Clairvoyant
Freelander2

#16 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:54 PM

View PostSkywalker, on 23 March 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

He'd need to show it, saying just "general increases" will never wash.

#17 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:56 PM

View PostSkywalker, on 23 March 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

Moondog had requested access to the books to enable 60s/70sSpireite to conduct a detailed analysis as to why our overheads have increased so dramatically over the past 4 seasons.

That request was refused.

#18 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:01 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 23 March 2017 - 06:51 PM, said:

Out of the nine Bob's Board members who attended the forum on the 9th November, I believe at least the following members would be excluded from the planned forum for not being part of the Facebook group:

MDCCCLXVI
60s/70s Spireite
Mr Mercury
Clairvoyant
Freelander2

I have applied for myself to be a member.

I await a response.

#19 User is offline   s43spire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:15 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 23 March 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

Moondog had requested access to the books to enable 60s/70sSpireite to conduct a detailed analysis as to why our overheads have increased so dramatically over the past 4 seasons.

Genuine question to you, why would Dave Allen let you or anyone look at his company books and why should he .

#20 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:17 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 23 March 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

You know all too well why you wouldn't get access. You also know that the questions posed on here will never truly get answered.

View Postspireitenag, on 23 March 2017 - 07:01 PM, said:

I have applied for myself to be a member.

I await a response.

I think there is a decent chance you'd get selected. That said, even if you are selected, you'll not get the answers your looking for.
If only....

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users