Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Another Bid Turned Down? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Another Bid Turned Down?

#41 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:42 PM

View Postdim view, on 19 March 2017 - 01:29 PM, said:

It was in the original post, exactly as portrayed.
The poster said there was £3m up front but then in another post said there was £10m up front.

Thanks, must have missed that amongst all the furore questioning why the offer had not been accepted.

Are you saying Stockholm changed his mind from £3 to £10 million?

#42 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:07 PM

View PostNOFX, on 19 March 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

to play devil's advocate The Swedish bid was 3 million upfront, with subsequent add ons, meaning it came nowhere near £10m. Dave Allen wants £10m, he probably won't get it mind.

Wrong. The bid was £10m

View Postdtp, on 19 March 2017 - 01:24 PM, said:

Interesting!!!!!!

Where did you get that information from, may I ask?

It certainly fits closer to how I was thinking and nowhere like how it has been portrayed.

Wrong. No matter how you want to think it was portrayed. But wait for it, it's coming...

View Postdim view, on 19 March 2017 - 01:29 PM, said:

It was in the original post, exactly as portrayed.
The poster said there was £3m up front but then in another post said there was £10m up front.

Wrong. Have a look at the link I provide.

View Postdtp, on 19 March 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

Thanks, must have missed that amongst all the furore questioning why the offer had not been accepted.

Are you saying Stockholm changed his mind from £3 to £10 million?

Never changed my mind at all. Some people just using figures how they like and making their own opinions/stories.

Let me clarify: £10m bid to be paid in one installment. Sponsors to inject £500k each, totalling £3m to immediately 'plug the hole' and continue from there.

Instead of mis-quoting me, or saying I changed my mind, please check my post from the specific thread. You can read it all here: It's post number 169

#43 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:26 PM

View PostHoare (400), on 18 March 2017 - 11:20 AM, said:

You have to admit its getting a bit bizarre, no way on this planet is this club worth 10 million, an when we go down it will be worth around half that. The club it seems has been ran into the ground, with the chairman seemingly not caring that much, an living in cloud cuckoo land.

Begs the question, has or is this been done out of spite, during the Sheff yoonited game, lots of abuse was thrown towards the directors box, an the next day the chairman resigns an takes his toys home.

All a bit weird, an sadly it seems as though its going to get a lot lot worse before it gets any better.

Hoare (400)

I remember DA saying something along the lines of "...a few fans seem to try and put the club down and whatever it does...we shall see then."

That set alarm bells ringing. If he's done it out of spite , he surely must realise that he only needs to spite the 0.5% of the fanbase who are doing this.

#44 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:32 PM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 19 March 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

Wrong. The bid was £10m

Wrong. No matter how you want to think it was portrayed. But wait for it, it's coming...

Never changed my mind at all. Some people just using figures how they like and making their own opinions/stories.

Let me clarify: £10m bid to be paid in one installment. Sponsors to inject £500k each, totalling £3m to immediately 'plug the hole' and continue from there.

Instead of mis-quoting me, or saying I changed my mind, please check my post from the specific thread. You can read it all here: It's post number 169

There is no reason to dispute the claims of SS imo

What has he got to gain by posting such a claim if there is no substance to it?

So why was this bid firstly denied by the club and then finally when it was made public dismissed out of hand

each passing day nearer to the bottom division makes the £10-£15 million asking price even more laughable

The club will soon not be worth that amount of fag cards :windup

#45 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:44 PM

View Postwhittman, on 19 March 2017 - 06:32 PM, said:

There is no reason to dispute the claims of SS imo

What has he got to gain by posting such a claim if there is no substance to it?

So why was this bid firstly denied by the club and then finally when it was made public dismissed out of hand

each passing day nearer to the bottom division makes the £10-£15 million asking price even more laughable

The club will soon not be worth that amount of fag cards :windup

For some reason some people seem to still believe what AC says. The fact the club didn't want the fans to know about the deal at all makes me more suspicious that they turned down a perfectly good bid, and if so why.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#46 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

View PostElton John 1866, on 19 March 2017 - 06:26 PM, said:

I remember DA saying something along the lines of "...a few fans seem to try and put the club down and whatever it does...we shall see then."

That set alarm bells ringing. If he's done it out of spite , he surely must realise that he only needs to spite the 0.5% of the fanbase who are doing this.

I don't recall him ever saying that

#47 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:49 PM

'The immediate cash injection would be £500k from each investor, as a gift/sponsorship from their companies. That right there, is over £3m.'

That's what it says. No mention of £10m before that.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#48 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:50 PM

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 19 March 2017 - 06:44 PM, said:

For some reason some people seem to still believe what AC says. The fact the club didn't want the fans to know about the deal at all makes me more suspicious that they turned down a perfectly good bid, and if so why.

AC = Air Con :D
#notapennymore

#49 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:53 PM

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 19 March 2017 - 06:44 PM, said:

Imo and I have said this in an earlier thread DA wants to keep hold of the banqueting side of any deal
and he knew this Swedish bid would blow him out of the water in this respect

Hence the later news being filtered from the club sources that a bid has been turned down because they only want the football side of things but will they be coming back with another bid?

Cue DA saying he has reluctantly accepted a slightly higher bid for the football side and he will keep hold of everything else

Just a thought of course

#50 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:53 PM

Wrong. The bid was £10m

I apologise for anything I may have got wrong or misunderstood Stockholm, I really do.

One question, though, which I have not seen an answer to is regarding in what form the offer was presented and what detail was given, to whom it was addressed, by whom it was delivered.

#51 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:01 PM

View Postdim view, on 19 March 2017 - 06:49 PM, said:

'The immediate cash injection would be £500k from each investor, as a gift/sponsorship from their companies. That right there, is over £3m.'

Cash injection, as in pump money into. 10 million to buy off Allen, 3 million injected into the club to cover the running losses that are occurring under the current ownerships watch. Why would you use the term inject to talk about buying someone out?

#52 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:05 PM

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 19 March 2017 - 07:01 PM, said:

Cash injection, as in pump money into. 10 million to buy off Allen, 3 million injected into the club to cover the running losses that are occurring under the current ownerships watch. Why would you use the term inject to talk about buying someone out?

Why would anyone gift £3 million to the club under the present stewardship?

Surely, they'd try to complete the purchase as quickly as possible and then introduce the £3 million under their own management.

#53 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:08 PM

They wouldn't. Stockholm clearly says the bid is 10 million followed by the 3 million injection, presumably when said original bid is accepted and the club is theirs.

#54 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:12 PM

Jesus Christ monkey balls... would you like me to highlight it and change the font to "effin 'uge"? OK, I will

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 20 February 2017 - 08:40 PM, said:

The immediate cash injection would be £500k from each investor, as a gift/sponsorship from their companies. That right there, is over £3m. It would certainly plug the gap in the finances and remove the need for loans to be issued. Further six-figure payments would have followed as season-upon-season sponsorship. If any loans were made, they would not be re-paid in part or whole until a minimum of £250k profit was recorded.

The £10m bid was turned down , and this is a direct quote from AC’s pm to me: Dave Allen does not think your starting point or final bid is worth further consideration. We wish you well in your other investment ooertunities.

Please tell me you can now see the wood for the trees...

This post has been edited by Stockholm Spireite: 19 March 2017 - 07:12 PM

#55 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:21 PM

View Postdtp, on 19 March 2017 - 06:53 PM, said:

I apologise for anything I may have got wrong or misunderstood Stockholm, I really do.

One question, though, which I have not seen an answer to is regarding in what form the offer was presented and what detail was given, to whom it was addressed, by whom it was delivered.

That's powder being kept dry in case of any tall tales spun by certain people...

#56 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:27 PM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 19 March 2017 - 07:12 PM, said:

Jesus Christ monkey balls... would you like me to highlight it and change the font to "effin 'uge"? OK, I will

Please tell me you can now see the wood for the trees...

I'm not suggesting you were intentionally misleading anybody, I'm telling you that's how I (and others) mistakenly interpreted what you put.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#57 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:38 PM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 19 March 2017 - 07:21 PM, said:

That's powder being kept dry in case of any tall tales spun by certain people...

That will be interesting information SS

#58 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:53 PM

Are you doing this deliberately?

#59 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:57 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 19 March 2017 - 06:50 PM, said:

AC = Air Con :D

AC ALMIGHTY COCK

#60 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:00 PM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 19 March 2017 - 07:21 PM, said:

THANKS FOR URE INFO TELL URE LADS HES TURNED IT DOWN 10 MILLION IS FAR TOO MUCH HES A GREEDY BAS5TRED , TELL THEM TO SPEND IT ELSEWHERE , DONT GIVE HIM THE SATISFACTION

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users