Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Another Bid Turned Down? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Another Bid Turned Down?

#21 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:08 AM

View Postjack bauer, on 17 March 2017 - 09:34 PM, said:

could this be such a clever bit of PR that we then hear in a few months time, that a sale has been agreed with DA "reluctantly" agreeing to retain ownership of the stadium and conferencing side of the business whilst selling the football side of the club??? too paranoid on my part?

No, I think you're right, its hard to imagine why someone would just want the club without the security of owning the stadium

#22 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:03 AM

View Postmoondog, on 18 March 2017 - 10:08 AM, said:

No, I think you're right, its hard to imagine why someone would just want the club without the security of owning the stadium

hmmm, maybe reaching again here but could this already be in motion with the SBK thing? I have nothing to base any of this on other than a curious imagination but can almost see the words, e.g. they've done a great job at sorting out the academy and with their "vast experience" of running a football club it is a deal that works for all??? as I say just thinking out loud, possibly putting 2+3 together and trying to make 4.

#23 User is online   Hoare (400) 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:20 AM

You have to admit its getting a bit bizarre, no way on this planet is this club worth 10 million, an when we go down it will be worth around half that. The club it seems has been ran into the ground, with the chairman seemingly not caring that much, an living in cloud cuckoo land.

Begs the question, has or is this been done out of spite, during the Sheff yoonited game, lots of abuse was thrown towards the directors box, an the next day the chairman resigns an takes his toys home.

All a bit weird, an sadly it seems as though its going to get a lot lot worse before it gets any better.

Hoare (400)

#24 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:06 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 17 March 2017 - 08:13 PM, said:

Do they own the ground?

No, Barry Hearn does. He's said if the fans take control he'll allow them to play rent free for the first season. Annual rent is £150,000. The fans have so far raised £150,000 towards a take over bid. It's astonishing they were a penalty kick away from Championship football and now face a real prospect of non league footy next season.

This post has been edited by frearsghost: 18 March 2017 - 12:10 PM

#25 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:38 PM

jack bauer said:

1489786460[/url]' post='1289572']
could this be such a clever bit of PR that we then hear in a few months time, that a sale has been agreed with DA "reluctantly" agreeing to retain ownership of the stadium and conferencing side of the business whilst selling the football side of the club??? too paranoid on my part?

That's how I see it as well
A new hope.

#26 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:44 PM

moondog said:

1489831716[/url]' post='1289617']

There are people out there who think they could go in an ego trip by owning a football club, if the club and not the ground was sold, for a nominal fee all sorts of characters might be attracted.

Bingham types loading the club with players he makes a huge agents fee on, others looking to cream money off while not paying bills, Darren Brown style, then the plain nutty types like Leyton Orient.

Funnily enough I was told a while back, 18 months or more this was in the pipeline.
A new hope.

#27 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:55 PM

View Postjack bauer, on 17 March 2017 - 09:34 PM, said:

Was thinking exactly the same myself

There has to be a reason why if the swedish consortium bid was credible it was dismissed out of hand

DA realised they wanted to buy the whole package and would leave him with nothing

#28 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:57 PM

whittman said:

1489841709[/url]' post='1289651']
Was thinking exactly the same myself

There has to be a reason why if the swedish consortium bid was credible it was dismissed out of hand

DA realised they wanted to buy the whole package and would leave him with nothing

Perhaps the bit about Swedbank going through the books?
A new hope.

#29 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:10 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 18 March 2017 - 12:57 PM, said:

Yet, if everything was done, even Swedbank going through the books, after the signing of a Confidentiality Agreement, we would never know if anything was untoward.

In reality, I struggle to believe that if the Swedes had presented their interest in a professional and correct manner it would have been dismissed without consideration. It seems it may have been put in on a "take it or leave it" basis without room for negotiation which is virtually unheard of in any successful takeover of any business.

#30 User is online   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:12 PM

View Postdtp, on 18 March 2017 - 07:10 PM, said:

Yet, if everything was done, even Swedbank going through the books, after the signing of a Confidentiality Agreement, we would never know if anything was untoward.

In reality, I struggle to believe that if the Swedes had presented their interest in a professional and correct manner it would have been dismissed without consideration. It seems it may have been put in on a "take it or leave it" basis without room for negotiation which is virtually unheard of in any successful takeover of any business.

a bit like the £15million asking price.

#31 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:22 PM

I bet Uncy Dave can find someone...

Just imagine. He chooses his successors. He gets his loans paid pack at an interest rate busting 5%. Charges rent on the stadium. Probs a couple of million upfront for the shares. No pesky scrutiny of his tenure.

Dave Allen has a plan. Don't worry about that.

#32 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:22 PM

I heard a consortium offered £1 but withdrew their interest after being told the club couldn't find the keys for the petty cash tin to get their 99p change
Have passport will travel

#33 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:27 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 18 March 2017 - 12:57 PM, said:

If Swedbank are anything like SEB Bank, a Swedish bank I've had dealings with, then CFC did well to steer clear. SEB's conduct was lower than a snake's belly. Just coincidence that tey had the same name as the biggest drain on CFC finances, too.
These go to eleven.

#34 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:12 PM

View PostSiberian Spireite, on 18 March 2017 - 07:27 PM, said:

If Swedbank are anything like SEB Bank, a Swedish bank I've had dealings with, then CFC did well to steer clear. SEB's conduct was lower than a snake's belly. Just coincidence that tey had the same name as the biggest drain on CFC finances, too.

But, SEB Bank class themselves as the leading Nordic Commercial Bank, don't they?

#35 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:28 PM

Bidders obviously not got much financial clout

#36 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:33 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 18 March 2017 - 08:28 PM, said:

Bidders obviously not got much financial clout

Exactly Ernie.

However, nothing has been said about the second recent enquiriy received via Shorts. I wonder if this is the one in which they wanted to enter into a "non-disclosure" agreement?

#37 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:36 PM

View Postdtp, on 18 March 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

But, SEB Bank class themselves as the leading Nordic Commercial Bank, don't they?

Whatever they class themselves as, I don't know, but steer clear. Shysters.
These go to eleven.

#38 User is offline   NOFX 

• get on up feed the ducks with a bun
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:dwarf wrestling

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:46 AM

to play devil's advocate The Swedish bid was 3 million upfront, with subsequent add ons, meaning it came nowhere near £10m. Dave Allen wants £10m, he probably won't get it mind.

#39 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:24 PM

View PostNOFX, on 19 March 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

to play devil's advocate The Swedish bid was 3 million upfront, with subsequent add ons, meaning it came nowhere near £10m. Dave Allen wants £10m, he probably won't get it mind.

Interesting!!!!!!

Where did you get that information from, may I ask?

It certainly fits closer to how I was thinking and nowhere like how it has been portrayed.

#40 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:29 PM

View Postdtp, on 19 March 2017 - 01:24 PM, said:

Interesting!!!!!!

Where did you get that information from, may I ask?

It certainly fits closer to how I was thinking and nowhere like how it has been portrayed.

It was in the original post, exactly as portrayed.
The poster said there was £3m up front but then in another post said there was £10m up front.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users