• You cannot reply to this topic

Rafflegate Has anyone seen the report ?

#21 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:51 PM

It's Season Ticket time at the moment, perhaps it's getting stalled so people buy there ST's before more news about the clubs failings surface.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#22 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:05 PM

Well given word from the 'underground car park' suggests a lack of conclusive evidence, I'm surprised Carson isn't plastering his and others' 'innocence' all over 'Lilley Land'.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#23 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:37 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 17 March 2017 - 05:05 PM, said:

Well given word from the 'underground car park' suggests a lack of conclusive evidence, I'm surprised Carson isn't plastering his and others' 'innocence' all over 'Lilley Land'.

Does lack of conclusive evidence mean Everyone has claimed they know nothing
Have passport will travel

#24 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:04 PM

View Postmoondog, on 09 March 2017 - 06:19 PM, said:

AC has told the Facebook Group that he has a meeting with the Council on Tuesday where he hopes to find out the conclusion to the investigation. He promises to publish the full report whatever the outcome.

Chesterfield FC’s company secretary Ashley Carson welcomed the news. He said: “I would like to thank Chesterfield Borough Council for the efficient and in-depth way that they have conducted their enquiries. “I am satisfied with the outcome and happy that this very unfortunate incident can now be closed.”

All those who think this very unfortunate incident can be closed take one step forward.

Not so fast Ashley.

I'm really looking forward to reading how devious KF had to be in order to bypass CFC audit procedures.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#25 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:27 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 17 March 2017 - 05:05 PM, said:

Quote from AC earlier this evening " I have decided to stop posting on this site" or words to that effect.

#26 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:28 PM

View Postdim view, on 20 March 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

Chesterfield FC’s company secretary Ashley Carson welcomed the news. He said: “I would like to thank Chesterfield Borough Council for the efficient and in-depth way that they have conducted their enquiries. “I am satisfied with the outcome and happy that this very unfortunate incident can now be closed.”

All those who think this very unfortunate incident can be closed take one step forward.

Not so fast Ashley.

I'm really looking forward to reading how devious KF had to be in order to bypass CFC audit procedures.

I think we ought to let it go and not be like a dog with a bone really - move on to our next problem.

#27 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:30 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 20 March 2017 - 07:27 PM, said:

Quote from AC earlier this evening " I have decided to stop posting on this site" or words to that effect.

Hmm, because one of the acolytes broke ranks and stood up to him? He's doing himself no justice when he only posts on sites where everyone agrees with him.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#28 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:32 PM

What - the hugely sympathetic 'Facebook' page?

Have they too started asking awkward questions?

He really is starting to appear pretty isolated...

#29 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:20 PM

View PostElton John 1866, on 20 March 2017 - 07:28 PM, said:

I think we ought to let it go and not be like a dog with a bone really - move on to our next problem.

It's very kind of you to muck in and help.
Do you know owt about kitchens?

This post has been edited by dim view: 20 March 2017 - 09:03 PM

#30 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:30 PM

Thankgod you're alone, apologies there's the court jester with you, on this matter.
East stand second class citizen.

#31 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:33 PM

And so it comes to pass....whenever the going gets tough and people ask questions he either can't or won't answer he's off!....
Seen it all before, along with others, by the way does that IT guy with aspirations post on there?
East stand second class citizen.

#32 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:44 PM

View Postdim view, on 20 March 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

Not so fast Ashley.

I've chased Ashley for the report as he promised to publish it whatever the outcome but he tells me he's not been provided with one by the Council.

I understand from speaking to him previously that the controls now in place are that he must sign off all initiatives of this type

#33 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:49 PM

View Postmoondog, on 20 March 2017 - 10:44 PM, said:

I've chased Ashley for the report as he promised to publish it whatever the outcome but he tells me he's not been provided with one by the Council.

I understand from speaking to him previously that the controls now in place are that he must sign off all initiatives of this type

Council investigation will show nothing if they are only looking at licencing issue of the raffle. The interesting bits are what the club did in it's own investigations, if any were needed, to find out who knew and who authorised the cover up. That we will never find out.

Police fraud enquiry wouldn't go anywhere due to minimal number of tickets sold and those people being re-reimbursed so no real vicinity.

Just one of the many embarrassments for the club.

#34 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:52 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 20 March 2017 - 10:49 PM, said:

Council investigation will show nothing if they are only looking at licencing issue of the raffle. The interesting bits are what the club did in it's own investigations, if any were needed, to find out who knew and who authorised the cover up. That we will never find out.

Police fraud enquiry wouldn't go anywhere due to minimal number of tickets sold and those people being re-reimbursed so no real vicinity.

Will the witness statements be made available under a freedom of information request?

#35 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:07 AM

View Postfreelander2, on 20 March 2017 - 10:52 PM, said:

Will the witness statements be made available under a freedom of information request?

only if the statements were made to CBC, or copies of them made to CFC are held by CBC. If statements were made/recorded to CFC officials, and these were seen by the council and that satisfied CBC then no, they would not be available.
A new hope.

#36 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:55 AM

View Postmoondog, on 20 March 2017 - 10:44 PM, said:

Ha ha.
So now we have to decide whether he knew all along that he wouldn't be provided with one. I have to say, if wrongdoing at my company was being investigated, I'd make sure I knew what processes would be followed. In his never ending quest for truth and openness he should demand a copy, publish, and be damned (in that order).

#37 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:02 AM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 20 March 2017 - 10:49 PM, said:

Hmmm. The statement implies that KF ran and promoted the raffle without the knowledge of the man responsible for promoting raffles - the custodian of the licence.
Well there's a conundrum.

What I'd like to now is how Ashley knew that only a handful of tickets were sold. I expect his extensive enquiries amounted to counting the number of people who asked for a refund.

#38 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:17 AM

View Postdim view, on 23 March 2017 - 08:02 AM, said:

Hmmm. The statement implies that KF ran and promoted the raffle without the knowledge of the man responsible for promoting raffles - the custodian of the licence.
Well there's a conundrum.

What I'd like to now is how Ashley knew that only a handful of tickets were sold. I expect his extensive enquiries amounted to counting the number of people who asked for a refund.

I think we can safely draw our own conclusions and say that the stall and waffle brigade just confirm their arrogance every time they speak.
God I hate this league.

#39 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:21 AM

At which point you'll again place your fingers in your ears, squeeze your eyes tight shut and tell everyone to keep turning up to games?

#40 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:51 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 23 March 2017 - 08:17 AM, said:

I think we can safely draw our own conclusions and say that the stall and waffle brigade just confirm their arrogance every time they speak.

let them be arrogant more and more fans have had enoiugh , theyll wake up when its too late , **** em i say

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users