Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Roberts And Morsy. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Roberts And Morsy.

#41 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:43 AM

View Postdjs, on 21 August 2014 - 08:09 PM, said:

He can't. And basically it was foul play. And that's the head and tail of it.

Ok bro. You tell em.

#42 User is offline   ralspireite1866 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:11 AM

View Postfiredodger, on 22 August 2014 - 06:22 AM, said:

I thought the keepers injury was his thigh as a result of the collision, didn't notice any ankle problems.

He definitely had an ankle injury. I remarked just after the incident that he was limping on it and he also had to have a defender take a subsequent goal kick. I didn't think we'd see him come out for the second half.
Whether he was injured as a direct result of Roberts' challenge or not, why do our supporters have to be so intolerant of visiting players? The guy was definitely injured (as witnessed by his substitution) and therefore did not deserve the vitriol aimed at him by those claiming he was faking. Embarrassing!

#43 User is offline   Andy Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Er..............Town!

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:26 AM

View Postralspireite1866, on 22 August 2014 - 08:11 AM, said:

He definitely had an ankle injury. I remarked just after the incident that he was limping on it and he also had to have a defender take a subsequent goal kick. I didn't think we'd see him come out for the second half.
Whether he was injured as a direct result of Roberts' challenge or not, why do our supporters have to be so intolerant of visiting players? The guy was definitely injured (as witnessed by his substitution) and therefore did not deserve the vitriol aimed at him by those claiming he was faking. Embarrassing!

Whether you agree with it or not, it's not "our supporters" who are alone here, you'll see the same reaction in every football ground up and down the country.

#44 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:38 AM

View Postfiredodger, on 22 August 2014 - 06:22 AM, said:

Go on then I'll join in and disagree with you as well!
Firstly I can't in all honesty say the keeper definitely didn't handle the ball outside the area.
Secondly I really didn't think Roberts foot was that high, certainly didn't think it was even knee high.
I thought the keepers injury was his thigh as a result of the collision, didn't notice any ankle problems.
All contact isn't foul play, you have to use common sense as I'm pretty sure the ref was going to do, until all the arm waving and posturing kicked off it was only then he had to stop play and give out cards.

As a footnote I'd like Roberts to explore a theory for me, next time someone grabs him like that, don't react aggressively, just go all limp and floppy, like a rag doll, Roberts definitely wouldn't get booked and it may even trade up to a red card for the defender!

There is a link and quotes from their manager on another thread where he confirms that the keepers injury was as a direct result of Roberts challenge, but the keeper twisting to avoid a collision, and going over on his ankle.

Roberts foot did not connect with the keeper, he clattered him as he was at full speed trying to get to the ball.

As has been said. The ref wasn't going to take any action until the handbags started.

#45 User is offline   KevoBMMD 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:42 PM

View Postdjs, on 21 August 2014 - 07:02 PM, said:

Foot was up, studs showing, came down in an attempt to go for the ball missed it and caught the keeper on the thigh giving him a dead leg and he went over on his ankle. The reason he didn't come out for the second half, thats how I saw it.

I suppose it was a good job you weren't the Ref that day as The Ref, the Assistant and the majority of the people sat on the Kop along with most on here think you are wrong but you still try and defend the minority opinion.

sometimes it's better to let it go and just admit you saw it wrong.

#46 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:15 PM

View PostKevoBMMD, on 22 August 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

I suppose it was a good job you weren't the Ref that day as The Ref, the Assistant and the majority of the people sat on the Kop along with most on here think you are wrong but you still try and defend the minority opinion.

sometimes it's better to let it go and just admit you saw it wrong.

I saw it as I saw it Kev. I maybe bucking the trend on here, and I believe what I saw and still say 6out of 10 refs would have seen it differently. But I'm not decrying what others believe as we all see things differently in real time situations. As I said non of the officials were up with play and possibly the keeper, Roberts and the defender in situ can possibly give a definitive answer to the in and outs of the incident. And like was said if tommy had been the keeper I for one would have been shouting for a red card.

#47 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:33 PM

It was certainly a foul and the challenge probably deserved a caution.
It's a fine line between ones definition of careless and reckless.

Was certainly careless. He had a right to challenge for the ball as much as the keeper- was still a foul though

#48 User is offline   Mr Blue Sky 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Football, pub, football, pub, football, pub etc

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:19 AM

View Posttechnium, on 21 August 2014 - 06:51 PM, said:

And if wasn't so "flawed" do you think he'd still be playing for us? Why the need to have someone to crucify? If its not CT, its the player's.

I never crucify players at all. I disagreed with the OP, because he said Roberts was outstanding. He wasn't. Now Morsy was, every game so far. What a player we have, the 50/50 which he always wins, that strength to hold players off, the turn, the pass, and the license to get forward knowing Ryan will sit. He now has, the confidence to get the shot away, if he adds more goals to his game he'll be gone. It will be a pleasure having watched him.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users