Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Roberts And Morsy. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Roberts And Morsy.

#21 User is offline   Oh Wade Falana 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:23 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 21 August 2014 - 06:35 AM, said:

I don't think he deserved even a yellow personally. I expected him to get one though.

Don't think he got the card for the challenge, think he, like their centre half, got it for the shirt pulling handbags afterwards.
Gut Busters on Tour

Real Ale Madrid

#22 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:48 PM

I can't believe some of the comments on here about the Roberts incident. You do have to have a reality check here. 'Booked for the reaction rather than the incident','no contact','didn't even deserve a yellow', you must have been on your I-phones at the the time and missed it!!! The fact is, and I like this intensity that this brings to his game when controlled, Gaz does have this less palatable side to his game and others will wind him up to in an attempt to bring it out. The incident was born out of frustration as he had been targeted for 'special treatment'. Players know these type of ball players and they will target them, and this happened on and off the ball leading up to the incident. Both Oshay and Morsy had similar treatment at times unseen by the officials.
One other thing. What is all this stuff about 'being tarred with the same brush' nonsense. ALOT so people noticed and the murmurs going around before and after the 'handbags' thing were expecting more than the yellow that he got.
The players influencing the refs decision about it is absolute rubbish. I thought that other players from MK should have been booked when they came steaming in when only one of the actually got a yellow.

This post has been edited by djs: 21 August 2014 - 06:50 PM

#23 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:50 PM

There's certainly one person in this thread who needs a reality check...

#24 User is offline   technium 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:51 PM

View PostMr Blue Sky, on 20 August 2014 - 10:03 PM, said:

Roberts outsanding last night? You're having a laugh! He spent more time on the floor and moaning at other players for poor balls. Jones at left back put more crosses in than Roberts. Robbo at times runs into trouble.

And if wasn't so "flawed" do you think he'd still be playing for us? Why the need to have someone to crucify? If its not CT, its the player's.
'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

#25 Guest_djs_*

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:55 PM

View PostGoku, on 21 August 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:

There's certainly one person in this thread who needs a reality check...

Never a truer word said. Look in the mirror.

#26 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:57 PM

View Postdjs, on 21 August 2014 - 06:55 PM, said:

His foot was up in an attempt to reach the ball. But no contact with the keeper imo. Are you saying he carried through with studs into the keeper? That's not the way I saw it.

#27 Guest_djs_*

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:02 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 21 August 2014 - 06:57 PM, said:

His foot was up in an attempt to reach the ball. But no contact with the keeper imo. Are you saying he carried through with studs into the keeper? That's not the way I saw it.

Foot was up, studs showing, came down in an attempt to go for the ball missed it and caught the keeper on the thigh giving him a dead leg and he went over on his ankle. The reason he didn't come out for the second half, thats how I saw it.

#28 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:02 PM

View Postlindo-spireite, on 20 August 2014 - 09:40 PM, said:

Roberts red? Don't be silly, he had every right to go for the ball, if he'd have backed out he would've been slaughtered.

If he hadn't backed out he would have got the ball, as it was he hesitated and then made a ridiculous half hearted stick yer leg out challenge. Harsh but true

#29 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:06 PM

View Postdjs, on 21 August 2014 - 06:55 PM, said:

i would but i'd fall in love with the reflection

#30 Guest_djs_*

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:09 PM

View PostGoku, on 21 August 2014 - 07:06 PM, said:

No accounting for taste. <_<

#31 User is offline   Tylerdurdencfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:26 PM

View Postdjs, on 21 August 2014 - 07:02 PM, said:

Foot was up, studs showing, came down in an attempt to go for the ball missed it and caught the keeper on the thigh giving him a dead leg and he went over on his ankle. The reason he didn't come out for the second half, thats how I saw it.

Would you send a keeper off for coming out at a corner missing his punch and clattering a player in the head (after the player had headed it over) as they do?

No you wouldn't so no different, the keeper wouldn't even get a foul against them,

It's about time keepers stopped getting special protection, either that or face the consequences of incidents like the one I've just described....another is that penalties aren't given if the player beats the keeper to the ball and has and effort at goal and the shot goes wide but the keeper takes the player out in the incident, nothing is ever given then....

And ps Roberts got booked for the scuffle, I know this for a fact....

#32 Guest_djs_*

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:40 PM

View PostTylerdurdencfc, on 21 August 2014 - 07:26 PM, said:

Would you send a keeper off for coming out at a corner missing his punch and clattering a player in the head (after the player had headed it over) as they do?

No you wouldn't so no different, the keeper wouldn't even get a foul against them,

It's about time keepers stopped getting special protection, either that or face the consequences of incidents like the one I've just described....another is that penalties aren't given if the player beats the keeper to the ball and has and effort at goal and the shot goes wide but the keeper takes the player out in the incident, nothing is ever given then....

And ps Roberts got booked for the scuffle, I know this for a fact....

The sort of incident you describe Tyler no way comperes with the one this thread is discussing, ie not seeing the player coming in as he punches out. Lots of things in football should be highlighted in this way. Such as the keeper coming out to claim a ball with his foot up in the strikers face, seeing said striker running in to meet him. Roberts saw the keeper and knew what was happening in the run up to the collision. As far as the booking I bow to your insider knowledge in this case. Which says that he was even luckier than I first thought.

#33 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:59 PM

Im just looking forward to you explaining how Roberts can challenge for that ball without going in studs up

#34 Guest_djs_*

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:09 PM

View PostGoku, on 21 August 2014 - 07:59 PM, said:

Im just looking forward to you explaining how Roberts can challenge for that ball without going in studs up

He can't. And basically it was foul play. And that's the head and tail of it.

#35 User is offline   cfc_scott 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

View Postdjs, on 21 August 2014 - 07:02 PM, said:

Your a clown

#36 Guest_djs_*

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:52 PM

View Postcfc_scott, on 21 August 2014 - 08:20 PM, said:

Your a clown

If you can't be constructive why contribute?

#37 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:54 PM

View PostGoku, on 21 August 2014 - 07:06 PM, said:

So speaks a million words
East stand second class citizen.

#38 User is offline   cfc_scott 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:13 AM

View Postdjs, on 21 August 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:

If you can't be constructive why contribute?

I can be constructive, but having read through the post, other people have been constructive and still you think Roberts where at fault! So im not goin to bother. If you think he had no right to go for that ball, u may aswell stop watching football.

#39 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:22 AM

View Postdjs, on 21 August 2014 - 08:09 PM, said:

He can't. And basically it was foul play. And that's the head and tail of it.

Go on then I'll join in and disagree with you as well!
Firstly I can't in all honesty say the keeper definitely didn't handle the ball outside the area.
Secondly I really didn't think Roberts foot was that high, certainly didn't think it was even knee high.
I thought the keepers injury was his thigh as a result of the collision, didn't notice any ankle problems.
All contact isn't foul play, you have to use common sense as I'm pretty sure the ref was going to do, until all the arm waving and posturing kicked off it was only then he had to stop play and give out cards.

As a footnote I'd like Roberts to explore a theory for me, next time someone grabs him like that, don't react aggressively, just go all limp and floppy, like a rag doll, Roberts definitely wouldn't get booked and it may even trade up to a red card for the defender!
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#40 User is offline   longeatonspireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Photography, cooking, holidays

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:38 AM

View Postfiredodger, on 22 August 2014 - 06:22 AM, said:

Go on then I'll join in and disagree with you as well!
Firstly I can't in all honesty say the keeper definitely didn't handle the ball outside the area.
Secondly I really didn't think Roberts foot was that high, certainly didn't think it was even knee high.
I thought the keepers injury was his thigh as a result of the collision, didn't notice any ankle problems.
All contact isn't foul play, you have to use common sense as I'm pretty sure the ref was going to do, until all the arm waving and posturing kicked off it was only then he had to stop play and give out cards.

As a footnote I'd like Roberts to explore a theory for me, next time someone grabs him like that, don't react aggressively, just go all limp and floppy, like a rag doll, Roberts definitely wouldn't get booked and it may even trade up to a red card for the defender!

I agree, thats how I saw it.
FASTER....FITTER....STRONGER

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users