Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Roberts And Morsy. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Roberts And Morsy.

#1 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:28 PM

Both were outstanding last night, both playing on the edge. And it must be said that both could so easily have had a red card. Everyone saw the foot up on the keeper and I fully expected Gaz to do the walk, but the Morsy stamp/rake down the calf of Reeves was more subtle. Reminiscent of the sending off of the boro player in JPT final. Both will have to curb their 'darker' side and concentrate on their undoubted skills, as in another intense game like that, we could have been down to ten players and really be up against it.
I know it's part of their game to be the way they are, but we need them for the whole season without any silly suspensions.

#2 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:40 PM

Roberts red? Don't be silly, he had every right to go for the ball, if he'd have backed out he would've been slaughtered.
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#3 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:00 PM

View Postlindo-spireite, on 20 August 2014 - 09:40 PM, said:

Roberts red? Don't be silly, he had every right to go for the ball, if he'd have backed out he would've been slaughtered.

I agree. If there was any red to be had it should have been their bloke for his OTT reaction to it.

#4 User is offline   Mr Blue Sky 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Football, pub, football, pub, football, pub etc

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:03 PM

Roberts outsanding last night? You're having a laugh! He spent more time on the floor and moaning at other players for poor balls. Jones at left back put more crosses in than Roberts. Robbo at times runs into trouble.

#5 User is offline   s43spire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:16 PM

View Postlindo-spireite, on 20 August 2014 - 09:40 PM, said:

Yes he did have a right to go for the ball but he went in with studs showing that was the problem and what injured the keeper

#6 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:18 PM

how else do you go into a challenge like that?

#7 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:20 PM

View Posts43spire, on 20 August 2014 - 10:16 PM, said:

Yes he did have a right to go for the ball but he went in with studs showing that was the problem and what injured the keeper

Roberts did not connect with the keeper with his studs, it was his momentum that took him in to the keeper, and the keeper went over on his ankle trying to avoid the collision.

#8 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:24 PM

View Postdjs, on 20 August 2014 - 09:28 PM, said:

Both were outstanding last night, both playing on the edge. And it must be said that both could so easily have had a red card. Everyone saw the foot up on the keeper and I fully expected Gaz to do the walk, but the Morsy stamp/rake down the calf of Reeves was more subtle. Reminiscent of the sending off of the boro player in JPT final. Both will have to curb their 'darker' side and concentrate on their undoubted skills, as in another intense game like that, we could have been down to ten players and really be up against it.
I know it's part of their game to be the way they are, but we need them for the whole season without any silly suspensions.

I've said on another thread, that Morsy will be looking at 2 or 3 suspensions this season if he carries on like he is.

He's no good to us, sat in the stands.

#9 Guest_djs_*

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:30 PM

Correct foot high studs showing, the ref was too far away to see it fully. You may neg me but 8 out of 10 refs would have red carded him. If it had been on tommy you all would have been baying for blood!
Certain players can do no wrong in some peoples eyes. Rose tinted?? No I would say blinkered!

#10 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:33 PM

please stop being so melodramatic

#11 Guest_djs_*

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:39 PM

View PostGoku, on 20 August 2014 - 10:33 PM, said:

Just pointing something out that was noticed by numerous folk in the stands around me.

#12 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:44 PM

View PostGoku, on 20 August 2014 - 10:33 PM, said:

I'm not saying it was deliberate (far from it as I don't think it was, just a genuine attempt to get to the ball), but as I saw it last night he seemed to lead with the studs. Now the letter of the law is you can't do this, so he was a bit lucky, but unlucky as it was a genuine attempt at the ball which was up for grabs. I agree our fans would have looked on it differently if it had been the other way around and had been Tommy (all fans would if it had been their keeping right in front of their own fans), but then that's football fans for you.
#notapennymore

#13 User is offline   Radders 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:12 PM

Roberts was already commited to going for the ball - it was too late to pull out - if he had managed to pull out, from the angle he was at, then he'd be in the England gymnastics team. I thought they put a lot of pressure on the referee, the players continually harped on to him and the reaction to Roberts was apalling - when he was up again even their keeper shook his hand so I think he realised it was an accident.
Did you notice how many of their players and staff approached the ref when he blew for half time?

Sod em - thats what I say!

#14 User is offline   Radders 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:22 PM

View Postdjs, on 20 August 2014 - 10:30 PM, said:

Correct foot high studs showing, the ref was too far away to see it fully. You may neg me but 8 out of 10 refs would have red carded him. If it had been on tommy you all would have been baying for blood!
Certain players can do no wrong in some peoples eyes. Rose tinted?? No I would say blinkered!

so which is it - all or some? I'm only asking because actually, while I thought Roberts had every right to go for the challenge (as I've mentioned in another post on this thread) I expected him to get yellow carded. If the referee sends him off for that offence then he has to send off the defender who clearly raised his arms against Roberts (in fact 2 defenders did) and I thought the letter of the law said that you couldn't do that either. (and to be honest I didn't expect the ref to send their defenders off). If that had happened to Tommy I wouldn't have been baying for blood, I would have been pleased he managed to hang on to the ball.
So, to recap, either tar everyone with the same brush - as in 'you would all have been baying for blood' (which I take to mean everyone but you) or accept that people will see the game differently to you; but it doesn't mean they are rose tinted or blinkered in how they see that game.

#15 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:35 AM

I don't think he deserved even a yellow personally. I expected him to get one though.

#16 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:45 AM

View PostRadders, on 20 August 2014 - 11:22 PM, said:

so which is it - all or some? I'm only asking because actually, while I thought Roberts had every right to go for the challenge (as I've mentioned in another post on this thread) I expected him to get yellow carded. If the referee sends him off for that offence then he has to send off the defender who clearly raised his arms against Roberts (in fact 2 defenders did) and I thought the letter of the law said that you couldn't do that either. (and to be honest I didn't expect the ref to send their defenders off). If that had happened to Tommy I wouldn't have been baying for blood, I would have been pleased he managed to hang on to the ball.
So, to recap, either tar everyone with the same brush - as in 'you would all have been baying for blood' (which I take to mean everyone but you) or accept that people will see the game differently to you; but it doesn't mean they are rose tinted or blinkered in how they see that game.

Well said. Basically everything I wanted to type out last night but I was beibg lazy. Bravo.

#17 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:56 AM

Why is it the player highlights hardly ever show incidents like the Roberts one? A major talking point, and yet it's not deemed to be worthy of replay, whilst the players coming out of the tunnel and the very final bit of play till the final whistle goes always are.

#18 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:12 AM

I unsubscribed. It's an absolutely dire service and they've been getting away with it since I was about 13 or so.

#19 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:57 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 21 August 2014 - 06:35 AM, said:

I don't think he deserved even a yellow personally. I expected him to get one though.

Agree because I dont believe he made contact with the keeper, but it was presumably viewed as dangerous play. was relieved he didnt get a red as the level of protests from the MK players was shameful - deliberately over-reacting to try and get a player sent off. Probably would have been a red if we had been playing away!

This post has been edited by Spire-Power: 21 August 2014 - 10:58 AM

#20 User is offline   KevoBMMD 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

View Postdjs, on 20 August 2014 - 10:39 PM, said:

Just pointing something out that was noticed by numerous folk in the stands around me.

Did anyone point out that the Ref did not even go for a Card until after the handbags. He just blew for the collision and started to signal and move away and then their Defender got mardy and Roberts only got booked for the aftermath which in fairness he could not have walked away from as he was being held by the mardy.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users