Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: We Have Improved - Despite The Loss - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

We Have Improved - Despite The Loss

#21 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:09 AM

View PostSatNav21, on 20 August 2014 - 09:20 AM, said:

Evatt was superb last night my MOTM. Hird is good at controlling the ball but when he has is I have no confidance at all with what he does next. backed off there players far to easily last night instead of standing up and when he was backing off lost his balance and he was straight past him for there goal. id say Hird could cover if Evatt was out but we definately need someone to replace Cooper

Cooper was always going to be missed but we are lucky to have Hird as cover. No doubt Cook will replace Cooper.

#22 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:12 AM

View Postspyright, on 20 August 2014 - 08:04 AM, said:

I'm surprised that folk are still knocking Hird. I'm more concerned about Evatt - he's made mistakes in every home game so far this season and is going to cost us sooner rather than later. He seems to have lost more of his pace. We really need to replace Cooper.

Evatt is slow and makes his share of mistakes but he's a good CB. I would like to see him do more damage when he goes up the field. Hird better in that respect. Was off my seat thinking Hird had scored in first half. So close.

#23 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:16 AM

View Postharboroughspireite, on 20 August 2014 - 06:41 AM, said:

How can it be a confidence thing when he had, before last night, 4 in 3?

I'm finding it hard to word this without making it sound like I'm having a go at Doyle.
Yes he's got four in four, great I'm really pleased for him every striker needs goals but to get the full picture you need to look at how he's scored.
First goal the orient keeper got a massive hand on and in the end we got a lucky break there, Doyle was worried enough to follow the ball all the way into the goal.
Second goal was a tap in after somebody else's shot was saved, right place at the right time is something good strikers need to do so well done to him.
3rd and 4th goals both well taken penalties, good stuff held his nerve well but I'm sure strikers see penalties as freebie goals, you really should be scoring them.
Balance that out with the degree of difficulty of the chances he's missed, the conversion rate still worries me.
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#24 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:19 AM

View Postfiredodger, on 20 August 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:

I'm finding it hard to word this without making it sound like I'm having a go at Doyle.
Yes he's got four in four, great I'm really pleased for him every striker needs goals but to get the full picture you need to look at how he's scored.
First goal the orient keeper got a massive hand on and in the end we got a lucky break there, Doyle was worried enough to follow the ball all the way into the goal.
Second goal was a tap in after somebody else's shot was saved, right place at the right time is something good strikers need to do so well done to him.
3rd and 4th goals both well taken penalties, good stuff held his nerve well but I'm sure strikers see penalties as freebie goals, you really should be scoring them.
Balance that out with the degree of difficulty of the chances he's missed, the conversion rate still worries me.

If Doyle got 4 in 3 perhaps questions should instead be asked of those who havent scored

#25 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:40 AM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 20 August 2014 - 08:11 AM, said:

I thought Jones had a very good game

Fast moving forward and decent crossing. Some good challenges though they got round the back of him way too often for my liking.

#26 User is offline   Blue95 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:41 AM

Agreed
Who put the ball in the Mansfield net? Super Jackie Lesterrrr

#27 User is offline   Elmer Fudd's Thick Lip 

• The Ayatollah
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Big fan of Terry Thomas and Fu Manchu.

Partial to the odd beerd!!

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:21 AM

Spot on.

I also fully agree with your height argument in the other thread. He's 6ft, whether he's slight of build or not, he should be challenging and showing more willing to get on the end of the decent balls we do manage to whip into the danger area.

I'll also add, I'm not having a pop, because his running and workrate has been a pleasure to watch this season.

This post has been edited by Dave Wallers 'tache: 20 August 2014 - 11:24 AM

Mug?? Being wrong never gets boring!

#28 User is offline   Xerxes 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:25 AM

that's because you are having a go at him

#29 User is offline   Bobby Darling 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:48 AM

View PostDave Wallers, on 20 August 2014 - 11:21 AM, said:

Spot on.

I also fully agree with your height argument in the other thread. He's 6ft, whether he's slight of build or not, he should be challenging and showing more willing to get on the end of the decent balls we do manage to whip into the danger area.

I'll also add, I'm not having a pop, because his running and workrate has been a pleasure to watch this season.

Last night demonstrated just how much we need a forward. When we were dominating in the first half Doyle didn't have a touch. It baffles me when people go on about his movement. In the first half he was unable to link with our dominant midfield.
He simply does not challenge for any ball in the air. He obviously doesn't like heading the ball.

#30 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:00 PM

View PostSatNav21, on 20 August 2014 - 09:20 AM, said:

Evatt was superb last night my MOTM. Hird is good at controlling the ball but when he has is I have no confidance at all with what he does next. backed off there players far to easily last night instead of standing up and when he was backing off lost his balance and he was straight past him for there goal. id say Hird could cover if Evatt was out but we definately need someone to replace Cooper

I saw their goal differently. Hird should have backed off but instead he dove in and Afobe went past him easily. Jones then didn't get tight enough and he smashed it in near post.

#31 User is offline   needdm 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

I thought the whole team played well. Something's came off, others didn't, but it was a good game of football between two good teams that were prepared to play football. OK, we lost, but it could just as easily been a draw or a win to us.You can not expect the players not to make mistakes, they will, as will the opposition.

#32 User is offline   SpireRam 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:33 PM

Nail - Head

#33 User is offline   The informer 

• Mr Grumpy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield Fc, West Ham fc,

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:12 AM

View Postspyright, on 20 August 2014 - 08:04 AM, said:

I'm surprised that folk are still knocking Hird. I'm more concerned about Evatt - he's made mistakes in every home game so far this season and is going to cost us sooner rather than later. He seems to have lost more of his pace. We really need to replace Cooper.
I thought Evatt was brilliant against the dons and my m.o.m

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users