Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Let Me Get This Right..... - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Let Me Get This Right.....

#1 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:51 PM

...we need a new striker?....we need a new right back?.....we need a new centre half?

1 - we have the countries top goalscorer
2 - Darikwa has been one of our best performers over the past 3-4 weeks
3 - Evatt has been great & for me, so has Maggy....yes, they are not the quickest...but their positional sense is great

I'm one of Paul Cook's biggest fans & believe he is the best thing to happen to this club for years & years.....However, he needs to hold his hands up & admit, over the past 3 games he has got it wrong! Too many changes for no reason!! it was a tweak here & there, not a radical change to everything...players, tactics, dropping top performers....& he needs to admit he was wrong.
He prides himself on saying that players play for their shirts....what has Johnson done wrong?....this for me is the catalyst for what has happened over the past 3 games.

I look back at the first few games....Leyton Orient, Rochdale etc....we were immense...go back to what worked!!! Stick to the principles...we have an excellent core of players that can make it work.

Yes, there are a few tweaks in player personnel, but we have good, good players...

My perfect team: Lee - Talbot.Evatt.Maggy(Hird).Jones - Darikwa.Morsy.Ryan.Clucas - Roberts(without Johnson) - Doyle
O'Shea, Gardner, Boco etc

#2 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:08 AM

View PostWaller is my hero, on 29 October 2014 - 09:51 PM, said:

...we need a new striker?....we need a new right back?.....we need a new centre half?

1 - we have the countries top goalscorer
2 - Darikwa has been one of our best performers over the past 3-4 weeks
3 - Evatt has been great & for me, so has Maggy....yes, they are not the quickest...but their positional sense is great

I'm one of Paul Cook's biggest fans & believe he is the best thing to happen to this club for years & years.....However, he needs to hold his hands up & admit, over the past 3 games he has got it wrong! Too many changes for no reason!! it was a tweak here & there, not a radical change to everything...players, tactics, dropping top performers....& he needs to admit he was wrong.
He prides himself on saying that players play for their shirts....what has Johnson done wrong?....this for me is the catalyst for what has happened over the past 3 games.

I look back at the first few games....Leyton Orient, Rochdale etc....we were immense...go back to what worked!!! Stick to the principles...we have an excellent core of players that can make it work.

Yes, there are a few tweaks in player personnel, but we have good, good players...

My perfect team: Lee - Talbot.Evatt.Maggy(Hird).Jones - Darikwa.Morsy.Ryan.Clucas - Roberts(without Johnson) - Doyle
O'Shea, Gardner, Boco etc

Can you run that past me again?
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#3 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:07 AM

I'm a Tendayi fan but saying he's been one of our best performers over the past 3-4 weeks is incredibly far from the truth. He had a good game on Tuesday and that's it really.

Evatt has been far from great too, I mentioned how concerned I was with him stepping up a league at the end of last season/start of this season and it seems my fears weren't without reason.

I do agree with the whole tinkering thing. I can see why Cook felt he needed to change things slightly because although we were playing well we weren't scoring but he has now made us a lot worse. It is mainly on his head and he needs to sort it out and earn his money.

#4 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:35 PM

They guy that sits to my right hates tendi. Keep an ear out for him gok. Rounds of "bl00dy el Tendi!" Is still ringing in my ears

This post has been edited by not_the_freak: 30 October 2014 - 02:35 PM

Here we go again!

#5 User is online   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:24 PM

View PostGoku, on 30 October 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

I'm a Tendayi fan but saying he's been one of our best performers over the past 3-4 weeks is incredibly far from the truth. He had a good game on Tuesday and that's it really.

Evatt has been far from great too, I mentioned how concerned I was with him stepping up a league at the end of last season/start of this season and it seems my fears weren't without reason.

I do agree with the whole tinkering thing. I can see why Cook felt he needed to change things slightly because although we were playing well we weren't scoring but he has now made us a lot worse. It is mainly on his head and he needs to sort it out and earn his money.

Evatt has been far from 'immense'. You have to put your hands over your eyes once you see an opposition forward bearing towards him with the ball- its invariably past him as if he wasn't here, or a foul and a booking. (Now a suspension). Managed to get Tommy sent off v the Blades and Marg a booking in the same game, after Evo's sloppy pass to their man. Plus the worst header of a ball in the opposition box we have on our books.

I did think Tendayi had his best game for some time on Tuesday.

#6 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:40 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 30 October 2014 - 03:24 PM, said:

Evatt has been far from 'immense'. You have to put your hands over your eyes once you see an opposition forward bearing towards him with the ball- its invariably past him as if he wasn't here, or a foul and a booking. (Now a suspension). Managed to get Tommy sent off v the Blades and Marg a booking in the same game, after Evo's sloppy pass to their man. Plus the worst header of a ball in the opposition box we have on our books.

He did it again Tuesday night back stick from a corner, on his head and onto the roof of the net. I've given up hope with him attacking corners it's honestly pointless having him in the box. Never seen a CB time his jumps so badly when attacking the ball.

#7 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:43 PM

View PostGoku, on 30 October 2014 - 03:40 PM, said:

He did it again Tuesday night back stick from a corner, on his head and onto the roof of the net. I've given up hope with him attacking corners it's honestly pointless having him in the box. Never seen a CB time his jumps so badly when attacking the ball.

Yet I seem to remember him scoring a few headers from set pieces for Blackpool in higher leagues than ours.

#8 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:52 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 30 October 2014 - 03:24 PM, said:

There's not a Centre Back in the country who enjoys an opposition forward bearing towards him with the ball. We have defensive midfielders whose job it is to protect the back four - this certainly was not in evidence on Tuesday night. I have not been to the away games but wonder if it was in evidence then. Evatt has played better, I agree, but the defence is being left exposed by the midfield. Swindon's runners should not have got anywhere near our Centre Backs on Tuesday night as the midfield should have prevented it and some of their runs could have been brought to a halt before they got to the half-way line.

I thought Darikwa was the MOM by a country mile on Tuesday night. He put in some tremendous tackles saving our blushes on at least 3 occasions yet, I understand, our Left Back got the award and I thought he was poor - his crossing was of a very low standard and his defensive work woeful at times.

This post has been edited by dtp: 30 October 2014 - 03:53 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users