Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Chesterfields National Treasure. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chesterfields National Treasure.

#1 User is offline   another fine mess 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:05 PM

I am a supporter of the Notapennymore club a principal I have stuck by,I have not posted on Bobs Board for some time but feel the time and the plight of our club I must break my silence.

I am touching on 70yrs old and have supported Tarn since the mid 50s, the dreams we all had of reaching the old league 2/Championship we flirted with in the early 80s and in more recent times under Paul Cook,but on both occasions the plug was pulled at the last hurdle.It is becoming evermore that I will never see my club reach the promised land, and to be fair that's what Allen said, Championship in five years.

I was not an advocate for leaving our spiritual home at Saltergate, I wonder with hindsight how many others think it was a bad decision now, I still feel that the move wasn't about football but all the other spin offs attached.

Hopes had been briefly lifted with talk of a takeover of the club but that doesn't seem to be a reality anymore, relegation looming and I would have been the first to get my ST for the NL if the present incumbents had gone, but sadly that's not going to happen.

What I can't get my head round Chesterfield FC formed 1866 run for 152yrs through thick and thin could be going out of existence because of decisions made by a handful of people, Chesterfields National Treasure could be lost, and to be flippant, gone to the dogs.

#2 User is offline   essexspireman 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:09 PM

Many football club owners don't appear to realise how much value (££) the fan base contributes to the clubs value. The club is worth a lot more with crowds of 8000 than 3000. The club is worth very little (nothing?) if nobody turns up to watch the team play.

#3 User is offline   Nitrous Oxide 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:55 PM

A town without a football team is a place on a map without heart and soul.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users